Do you believe Rhaegar and Lyanna were married?

SkaggCannibal

It's a subject of debate on R+L=J threats and it has implications on Jon's claim to the IT. It's a simple question, but I'm also curious if you think if it as a lawful, legitimate marriage. Since it would be a polygamous marriage, it could be debatable.

For now, I'll keep my own opinion to myself. Thanks for your opinion!

It's a subject of debate on R+L=J threats and it has implications on Jon's claim to the IT. It's a simple question, but I'm also curious if you think if it as a lawful, legitimate marriage. Since it would be a polygamous marriage, it could be debatable.

For now, I'll keep my own opinion to myself. Thanks for your opinion!

I already know your opinion on this matter Skagg and I'm alright with it but I do believe they were married. I could be wrong but I am almost positive they were married.

I already know your opinion on this matter Skagg and I'm alright with it but I do believe they were married. I could be wrong but I am almost positive they were married.

Lol yes I gues when you are a regular visitor of this forum, my opinion is pretty clear. But it's my try at keeping it a bit objective.

I think that the discuss about polygamy has to be part of the R+L=J threads.

And yes I believe they were married and the 3KG at ToJ probably agree with me.

I think it's best discussed in other threats too, that way it reaches a far wider audience than the limited viewers of R+L=J threats.

Polygamy was legal if you were a crazypants Targ and didn't care what anyone else thought.

I lean towards believing they weren't married, if only because finding a septon to marry them would bring one more unnecessary person into Rhae Rhae's plot, and nothing in the prophecy seems to indicate he must needs be married to his baby mama for it to be tPtwP.

I figured it was a grey area, like how Targaryens married brothers and sisters but no one else did.

I guess since it was Rhaegar it was ok then!

Some free folks too. But as you said Rhaegar was a Targ.

I lean towards believing they weren't married, if only because finding a septon to marry them would bring one more unnecessary person into Rhae Rhae's plot, and nothing in the prophecy seems to indicate he must needs be married to his baby mama for it to be tPtwP.

Why they need a septon?

Archived