Which House Sigils should we see for Season 4 Bluray?

WTFSalami

Just to jog everyone's memory:

Season 1 featured: Stark, Lannister, Targaryen

Season 2 added: Greyjoy

Season 3 left it to a fan vote where [Tully, Baratheon (Stannis), Tyrell] lost to doing season 1's options again.

My thoughts on various houses:

• Tully: I think S03 was their time in the sun and we'll never get that possibility again.
  • Baratheon (OG): They didn't do it for S02 (where it and Stannis' would have gone well with the Greyjoys) so unless Gendry ends up legitimised and on the Iron Throne in S07, I don't see this ever happening.
  • Baratheon (Stannis): Should have been S02, this year (from interviews) Stannis doesn't have too much to do, so I'd save it for S05 packaging.
  • Tyrell: Growing strong. S04 should be big for them.
  • Martell: S04's big Oberyn story line makes them pretty obvious.
  • Arryn: Also think this will be their year.
  • Bolton: Last season was their big intro, but going forward they should be prominent enough to grace either seasons 4 or 5.
  • Frey: Last season was probably the best opportunity.
  • Clegane: Fair amount of Ser Gregor and the Hound this season.
  • Mormont: Don't think the bear is prominent enough on Jorah.
  • Karstark: Too minor.
  • Baelish (Mockingbird): You never know...

What I would have done:

S01: Stark, Lannister, Targaryen

S02: Greyjoy, Baratheon, Stannis

S03: Tully, Frey, Bolton

S04: Tyrell, Martell, Arryn

What I think will be done:

S01: Stark, Lannister, Targaryen

S02: Greyjoy, Lannister

S03: Stark, Lannister, Targaryen

S04: Stark, Lannister, Targaryen

I'm not sure if I can say that on this spoiler free thread, but

Stannis

will own this season, for obvious reasons. So it seems natural to me that his own sigil will be on the cover.

Only at the end of the season, in what constitutes a spoiler, which is a great reason to NOT have his sigil on the cover. That sigil should be on season 5 cover.

I cannot for the life of me think of a reason why the Lannister sigil wouldn't be on the season 4 cover. They are front and center in this season.

And it's the last time they should be on the cover.

The Lannister and Tyrell sigil are a must. Martell is a strong possibility, then maybe Clegane or Targ again (boring but more likely). The Starks can sit this one out.

Season 5 - Targaryen, Baratheon, Bolton and either Greyjoy or Martell.

It's going to be Stark, Lannister and Targaryen again, since that's the only houses the casual viewers know/care about. I wish for a Martell, Tyrell and Baratheon cover, but I don't think it'll ever happen

It's going to be Stark, Lannister and Targaryen again, since that's the only houses the casual viewers know/care about. I wish for a Martell, Tyrell and Baratheon cover, but I don't think it'll ever happen

Which is completely stupid at all. If BluRays had covers from less known houses (for Unsullied) it would give the Unsullied an opportunity to actually get to know the houses closer. Put in some cards or posters of characters/sigils and knowledge is achieved.

What I would love to see:

S4: Lannister, Tyrell, Arryn

S5: Baratheon of Dragonstone/Bolton, Martell, Greyjoy

S6: Baratheon of Dragonstone/Bolton (depends on how the battle of Winterfell works out. If Stannis wins give him the S6 cover, if he dies do it the other way around.)

Possible covers for later seasons: Blackfyre, Petyr Baelish, Baratheon of King's Landing

Agreed. Out of the other houses, the only ones I could see getting their sigil on the cover this year are the Tyrells and Martells, because:

1) They are a pretty big part of the main storyline this year.

2) Oberyn will most likely be popular with the Unsullied for wanting Tywin and Gregor Clegane dead. Margaery and Olenna will most likely be popular for taking control away from the Lannisters.

Lannisters will always be on the cover, simply because King's Landing is the focus of GoT and that's where most of them are. Not to mention, viewers love to hate them. Starks and Targs will always be on the covers, because they are the ones most viewers root for.

I was disappointed that here in Australia they weren't selling the individual House sigils for S3. Instead the main one had Stark, Targ, Lannister, Tyrell, Tully, and both Baratheon sigils all together. I mean, it's great - but I really wanted my Targaryen sigil to compliment by Lannister and Stark covers! Oh well.

I need a Martell sigil. Please.

Agreed. Out of the other houses, the only ones I cold see getting their sigil on the cover this year are the Tyrells and Martells, because:

1) They are a pretty big part of the main storyline this year.

2) Oberyn will most likely be popular with the Unsullied for wanting Tywin and Gregor Clegane dead. Margaery and Olenna will most likely be popular for taking control away from the Lannisters.

Lannisters will always be on the cover, simply because King's Landing is the focus of GoT and that's where most of them are.

Both of these things will change after this season, so that doesn't speak in favor of them always being on the cover.

There's no way that Stark, Targaryen, and Lannister are put in the same group again this year. If they do the fan vote thing again, they might be available to vote for but they'll be separated into different groups.

Most people did what I did I imagine:

S1: Stark

S2: Lannister

S3: Targaryen

Or some combination of that. Knowing that, I think they know people want different choices.

I have Targaryen (S1), Lannister (S2) and Stark (S3) already. IMO they're the best sigils on the show, probably for the very reason that they're the most central characters in the story; I'm guessing more time/effort was put into creating them.

Stannis and/or Bolton sigils look great too.

I think you could justify using Stannis for the S4 cover

given his role as kind of a savior at the Wall towards the end of the season

. Boltons could be justified too, depending on how far their story progresses.

The Tyrell sigil might make the most sense story-wise, but it's kind of boring.

Personally, I would have liked...

Season 1: Stark, Lannister, Targaeryan

Season 2: Greyjoy, Baratheon (Renly), Lannister/Baratheon (Joffrey)

Season 3: Tyrell, Frey, Tully

Season 4: Bolton, Baratheon (Stannis), Clegane

Season 5: Martell, Arryn, Night's Watch

Archived