[Spoilers] Next Episode - Asha/Yara

Kaspiro

I was actually wondering if the trailer was set up to give a false impression actually. It showed Asha doing something, then showed Ramsey enthusiastically attacking somebody, but there's a chance they are actually unconnected scenes. We never saw them together. I wonder if they actually meet at all in this episode.

Maybe I saw it wrongly though.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Maybe Asha is somewhere around Dreadfort and then she finds out Theon went to Moat Cailin. Next shot we see Ramsay fighting someone else somewhere around Moat Cailin. Locke managed to get to the wall since last time they showed Boltons, so it would seem rather silly if Ramsay and Theon were still at the Dreadfort. Also if Asha just shows up at some random non Dreadfort place also looks kind of silly, maybe if she has a line of saying how she got the info somewhere maybe.

They CANT cut the ironborn - I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SEXY PIRATE EURON,no but in all seriousness I doubt they will do that im pretty sure this will be another big filler chapter of the show like crasters - pretty excited about it though its about time we see some BAD ASS ASHA

How's this for a weird twist to the farya plot. What if Ramsay breaks asha just like he broke theon? Since they won't get to WF till next season, it does give some time for that to happen, with the addition of theon riding to MC with Ramsays instructions that unless the IB leave Asha is going to be flayed where they can all see?

It also could be that the trailer gives a false impression...but if not at the Dreadfort, then Asha would be at Moat Calin, so she will still lose whatever battle shes' engaged in...

Another questionable choice on the part of the show.

It might turn out to have been better to keep her on Pyke and show a few scenes with her and her father to prep the audience for the incoming Greyjoys..

I have to admit her rescue speech scene last season was one of my favourite parts of the whole season, great television.

It was a great speech.

But, now they're stuck with her on a rescue mission that is doomed to fail, which I guess in and of itself isn't necessarily bad but it will be more "filler" than the craster's keep stuff because it can only turn out one way...she loses, Ramsey keeps Theon and then she does??

It was a great speech.

But, now they're stuck with her on a rescue mission that is doomed to fail, which I guess in and of itself isn't necessarily bad but it will be more "filler" than the craster's keep stuff because it can only turn out one way...she loses, Ramsey keeps Theon and then she does??

Yeah, exactly - now we are stuck with more filler and to be honest with you the number of people tinking the queensmoot stuff will be cut along with the ironborn characters is alarming. I really fucking hope not.

Yeah, exactly - now we are stuck with more filler and to be honest with you the number of people tinking the queensmoot stuff will be cut along with the ironborn characters is alarming. I really fucking hope not.

If they are going to have both Vic and Euron in the show and not combine them into one guy...which i assume depends on what they both do in the end game....then it seems like they have to have the Kingsmoot to situate them in the audience's mind.

Otherwise, Vic will just be another brown haired guy with a random british accent whose on a boat...no one will get it.

No.

Yea that's such a solid response. Then either one of two things will happen 1) she's dead, she never meant shit in the entire story and neither does the IB 2) complete filler where she gets away and just wasted everyone's time.

Sorry but both make no sense tv wise or story plot wise and does nothing to advance the plot. Either she's captured and used to rouse the IB from MC or just kill her off and let everyone know she wasn't going to be of any significance.

Yea that's such a solid response. Then either one of two things will happen 1) she's dead, she never meant shit in the entire story and neither does the IB 2) complete filler where she gets away and just wasted everyone's time.

Sorry but both make no sense tv wise or story plot wise and does nothing to advance the plot. Either she's captured and used to rouse the IB from MC or just kill her off and let everyone know she wasn't going to be of any significance.

Get ready for complete filler, because I can guarantee you that she is not going to be captured by the Bolton's and anyone trying to pass her off as Arya Stark, Ramsay's bride.

Get ready for complete filler, because I can guarantee you that she is not going to be captured by the Bolton's and anyone trying to pass her off as Arya Stark, Ramsay's bride.

I agree she can't be FAyra. I mean, there's kind of a huge age difference there.

I'm assuming she'll take on Vic's role, and we'll only get Euron. I doubt we're getting the Kingsmoot. Of course this is all complete speculation until we know casting for S5.

I agree she can't be FAyra. I mean, there's kind of a huge age difference there.

I'm assuming she'll take on Vic's role, and we'll only get Euron. I doubt we're getting the Kingsmoot. Of course this is all complete speculation until we know casting for S5.

It depends on who does what in future books, though, don't you think?

If they cast Vic and Euron, that would make the show crazy Greyjoy heavy...I wasn't a huge fan of having two brothers in the books either and the Damphair, it always felt like too much time spent on people who were unlikely to figure into the main resolution.

Actually that passing off of Arya is my fault, I should've explained better but kids were screaming. I believe asha will be captured for story wise, and used as a bargaining chip. As of now, she's precious to a Live Balon, he's obviously not dead yet. After getting the IB to leave MC, Ramsay will be made lord of WF and legitimized as Bolton. Roose says we own the north, still have asha, theon is broken, we can bind the IB to us by marrying their heir to you so when old man Balon dies we control the north and the isles. Don't need a farya since Boltons believe with the north decimated by war, Freys and Boltons still having tons of man power (show only with the naïveté of it all so don't pounce) no need to appease the other lords since we killed all their men. At this point, the show has diverged so much from the books that something's aren't that big anymore. Also when Balon dies, having Vicuron(combo character) emerge and seize the IB under the Bolton nose adds more intrigue.

I think Theon is going to betray Yara and the other Ironborn but Yara will find a way to escape. Ramsey may trot out Theon to do something dastardly like lock some of the Ironborn in a prison cell or something to get flayed later. They are going to make Theon's betrayal of the Ironborn way more complete than it was in the books and Yara will be there to witness it first-hand. I think that there's a slim possibility of Theon actually killing Yara at Ramsey's command. Moat Cailin will be nothing after that. It'll show Theon all weepy afterwards.

If Yara lives I could maybe see Yara taking the place of Victarian in the books and being sent to Slaver's bay if they wanted to consolidate characters. That would really disappoint me though because Victarian is one of my favorite characters in the books.

It depends on who does what in future books, though, don't you think?

If they cast Vic and Euron, that would make the show crazy Greyjoy heavy...I wasn't a huge fan of having two brothers in the books either and the Damphair, it always felt like too much time spent on people who were unlikely to figure into the main resolution.

Absolutely. I'm just guessing based on what we know of the IB plot now.

We do know that the show-runners like to be parsimonious with new characters (look at Loras becoming an agglomeration of all the Tyrell boys), so I thought Yara absorbing Vic's arc might work. You're right that it feels very IB heavy in the books, and I'm not sure the show would necessarily want to pivot to that. And given the number of new characters we could potentially get in S5, I think IB is one of the best storylines where the fat could be trimmed.

However, until we know the end-game, this is all complete guess work.

Actually that passing off of Arya is my fault, I should've explained better but kids were screaming. I believe asha will be captured for story wise, and used as a bargaining chip. As of now, she's precious to a Live Balon, he's obviously not dead yet. After getting the IB to leave MC, Ramsay will be made lord of WF and legitimized as Bolton. Roose says we own the north, still have asha, theon is broken, we can bind the IB to us by marrying their heir to you so when old man Balon dies we control the north and the isles. Don't need a farya since Boltons believe with the north decimated by war, Freys and Boltons still having tons of man power (show only with the naïveté of it all so don't pounce) no need to appease the other lords since we killed all their men. At this point, the show has diverged so much from the books that something's aren't that big anymore. Also when Balon dies, having Vicuron(combo character) emerge and seize the IB under the Bolton nose adds more intrigue.

That makes more sense, but it might be too much of a divergence from the story...but who knows.

Why would Jon send anyone to save Asha? Why would the Boltons go to Winterfell in the first place if there is no wedding? And then you'd have Theon saving his own sister and they both get caught at the same time...

And it still would put a seriously independent badass female character under the thumb of the Boltons, which would totally change who she is.

Absolutely. I'm just guessing based on what we know of the IB plot now.

We do know that the show-runners like to be parsimonious with new characters (look at Loras becoming an agglomeration of all the Tyrell boys), so I thought Yara absorbing Vic's arc might work. You're right that it feels very IB heavy in the books, and I'm not sure the show would necessarily want to pivot to that. And given the number of new characters we could potentially get in S5, I think IB is one of the best storylines where the fat could be trimmed.

However, until we know the end-game, this is all complete guess work.

Ugh. Why did you have to remind me about Loras the only heir to Highgarden? I still am not sure how they're going to work that....is Loras really going to become a member of the KG...and leave Highgarden without any future Tyrells? And does that mean in the books both brothers are going to get killed....and effectively end House Tyrell's future or was this one of those random, poorly thought out changes the show made....

I would think Asha would be better to take over Euron though...she stays in Westeros and reeves around, LOL. But they could cut Vic's navy altogether also...and just have Dany pick up a navy in Essos. So, yeah, what the show does is really dependent on what happens in the books that have not been written yet.

Ugh. Why did you have to remind me about Loras the only heir to Highgarden? I still am not sure how they're going to work that....is Loras really going to become a member of the KG...and leave Highgarden without any future Tyrells? And does that mean in the books both brothers are going to get killed....and effectively end House Tyrell's future or was this one of those random, poorly thought out changes the show made....

I would think Asha would be better to take over Euron though...she stays in Westeros and reeves around, LOL. But they could cut Vic's navy altogether also...and just have Dany pick up a navy in Essos. So, yeah, what the show does is really dependent on what happens in the books that have not been written yet.

I don't see Loras joining the KG. Tywin will die in time for Cersei to call off the wedding. I don't know what that will mean for Marg's trial (some have hypothesized her Trial of the Faith will go poorly and she'll call on the not-really-injured Loras) or for the Dragonstone plot, but they may be able to pull it off. Their handling of the KG in general has been weird, and a bit inconsistent.

Back to IB stuff, Daario did jut get Dany some ships this past episode...the need for Vic's fleet is kind of diminishing. But who knows. Maybe we'll get all three brothers and I'll eat my words.

That makes more sense, but it might be too much of a divergence from the story...but who knows.

Why would Jon send anyone to save Asha? Why would the Boltons go to Winterfell in the first place if there is no wedding? And then you'd have Theon saving his own sister and they both get caught at the same time...

And it still would put a seriously independent badass female character under the thumb of the Boltons, which would totally change who she is.

Not in any order

1) Ramsay marries Asha at WF to take his seat there, dad and other lords attend per dads command and as a way to show fealty to the Boltons.

2) Asha has an affinity towards Theon, so maybe he's used against her to coerce her to the marriage (hopefully no flaying and such for her, that's just too dramatic)

3) Jon is already on Rooses radar so the PL cleverly rewritten as a straight threat to NW to get rid of Snow still antagonizes Jon to march there, still have the ides of marsh scenario, but instead of oathbreaking marsh and co. See it as the only way to ensure the rest of the watch isn't decimated.

4) Jon sending Mance/Abel doesn't have to happen or could be a clever way since they probably after MC know that Theon is alive, and Jon knows unfortunately that atleast Brans alive, using it as a way for Mel/Stan/Jon to find out about Rickon. Which may eliminate Manderly plot but its the show and budget constraints but still have Davos with something to do after finding out he's alive.

Archived