Book Release Delayed?

howdarkwepray

For what it's worth, I'm UK based, pre-ordered on Amazon UK, free delivery (3-5 days).

At time of pre-order (Aug 11) estimated delivery was Nov 05. I've since received five updates, the first on Sep 25, and the rest every few days since, with the most recent having arrived this morning. Those delivery estimates have been:-

Nov 27 -> Nov 05 -> Nov 27 -> Nov 05 -> Dec 05

Amazon.de is also a bit off about the release date.

They say, that it is released on October 28th, but will be delivered on November 7th, which is quite long considering Amazon usually takes 1-2 days to deliver and even if one pays extra for a fast delivery they are at November 6th

^ They had the same 6-7 Nov date for the version I pre-ordered 1.5 years ago, but since I wanted to switch covers I ordered the black one (with same off same delivery date) and then cancelled the old one.

I don't know what in their calculations holds those books back for an extra week. I always hoped that if the book comes out on a Tuesday it'll be here by Friday (neighbouring country of Germany.)

Everything will be fine, I'm almost sure. ;)

I gave up on Amazon UK completely.

After the third email from them back and forthing over the release date, I cancelled my order with them on Sunday & went elsewhere. Yeah, I've ended up paying a bit more for it, but I'm happy to do it (within reason, of course).

After the third email from them back and forthing over the release date, I cancelled my order with them on Sunday & went elsewhere. Yeah, I've ended up paying a bit more for it, but I'm happy to do it (within reason, of course).

Well, I'll just wait and see what happens. Martin said it's just a technical error and they're working on it, so I'm stilll hopeful. Besides, you can cancel the order at any time before they dispatch it. There's still a lot of time until the release date. I'll only pay more if I really have to.

^ They had the same 6-7 Nov date for the version I pre-ordered 1.5 years ago, but since I wanted to switch covers I ordered the black one (with same off same delivery date) and then cancelled the old one.

I don't know what in their calculations holds those books back for an extra week. I always hoped that if the book comes out on a Tuesday it'll be here by Friday (neighbouring country of Germany.)

Everything will be fine, I'm almost sure. ;)

What I also find quite odd is that the different versions seem to be sold for different prices.

I have received an email again from Amazon, saying that delivery estimate date is December.

I am tempted to do the same, cancel their order, and pay more elsewhere. what is wrong with them!!!! Never ever had a problem with delivery and now all these emails! uhhhhhh

No idea why Amazon UK is so insane over the UK date. Pretty sure HarperCollins is furious at them at the moment.

Harper is the one with 20th November dates for electronic versions, both on Kindle and on iBooks, though. It is quite possible that the problem lies with them...

Ha. Yeah, the fake-old-book-cover one (which I assume is what you originally ordered) is a bit of a design faux pas. ;)

Nope, I had the red cover first. The American/Bantam one.

What I also find quite odd is that the different versions seem to be sold for different prices.

Yeah, the British one is 2€ cheaper. That's a nice little extra. It'll go to the Dunk & Egg fund for next year's book. :lol:

Archived