Why are there no griffins in Westeros?

NorthernXY

You see every type of mythological being on a sigil in the actual Planetos besides griffins. Dragons, manticores, etc. are real and on sigils, griffins are on the Connington sigil, but never has there been a griffin talked about as being once real. There are at least a dozen other magical creatures, but no griffins.

I don't have my copy of Feast but that doesn't make much sense. Why was the Griffen king at the top of the Lance? Even the Eyrie isn't at the top.

Maybe the griffin king had a griffin and he fought on its back while Artys fought on the back of his giant falcon.

Anyways as for the OP, the giant falcons probably killed all the griffins

:dunno:

Don't have my copy in English now either, so, according to Wiki,

Ser Artys was an Andal leader who set out from Essos to conquer Westeros and spread the Faith of the Seven. He commanded the forces that drove the First Men and the children of the forest out of the Vale of Arryn. He flew to the top of Giant's Lance on the back of a giant falcon to slay the Griffin King. The Griffin King is a legendary figure, who lived six thousand years ago. He was the leader of the First Men of the Vale and the last of the Mountain Kings.

The name probably means nothing except that he was called a Griffin King because, dunno, maybe he liked griffins. Or, maybe, the Arryns expelled the Griffins, and they ended up in the Stormlands and married the Conningtons :dunno:

Oh, please. His bastard looks like he's more of a fiery griffin than Ronnet.

So Jon Connington, with reddish grey hair and a mostly red beard, looks more like Ronnet's bastard who "looks like his father" who has long red hair and a long red beard?

I mean, even adjusting for age I'd call it a wash, despite Jon Connington himself describe the bastard as looking like his father....

So Jon Connington, with reddish grey hair and a mostly red beard, looks more like Ronnet's bastard who "looks like his father" who has long red hair and a long red beard?

I mean, even adjusting for age I'd call it a wash, despite Jon Connington himself describe the bastard as looking like his father....

I mean that the kid has potential to be a badass. He pretty much said "fuck you" to Jon to his face while the other two little griffins did, well, nothing.

Third place in the melee behind Brienne and Loras, not bad for tepid flaccid griffin. :cool4:

He was third??

Archived