Borroq, what's his role to play?

Poppa Chase

There could be others, of course, but none are noted among the wildling numbers save for Borroq, so yeah I definitely see him as a mentor... or maybe even an enemy in the future.

I think mentor as he seems to show Jon no ill will, and thanks to Jon he is allowed south of the Wall for protection. He has no kids mentioned, so he likely didn't have to give up any hostages.

As a sidenote, Borroq prefers an ancient tomb as his residence, Jon noting the company of dead men suits him better than the living while Jon will likely come to practice skinchanging more while he is "dead." Also, many wise men/teachers, especially in East Asian folklore, are reclusive, something that carries over into Star Wars with Obi-wan and Yoda.

Is there more than 1 example of this?

Sure!

The bigger examples, boar is served when Sansa tells the QoT that Joff is a monster which is when the QoT seemingly resolves to have him numbed off. It is then served at his wedding...

Roose Bolton eats boar at Harrenhal in Arya's last chapter in ACoK, that's when we know Roose has turned on the Starks as he announces his intent to "hunt wolves."

The boar killed Robert of course.

A boar kills Brasena Blackhair in the pit before Dany leaves Mereen, leading to regime change.

Cersei and the Stokeworths eat boar when they plot the death of Bronn, who ends up taking Stokeworth for himself...

The last meal at Winterfell before Theon takes it is boar...

I am sure there are more...

Sure!

The bigger examples, boar is served when Sansa tells the QoT that Joff is a monster which is when the QoT seemingly resolves to have him numbed off. It is then served at his wedding...

Roose Bolton eats boar at Harrenhal in Arya's last chapter in ACoK, that's when we know Roose has turned on the Starks as he announces his intent to "hunt wolves."

A boar kills Brasena Blackhair in the pit before Dany leaves Mereen, leading to regime change.

Cersei and the Stokeworths eat boar when they plot the death of Bronn, who ends up taking Stokeworth for himself...

Tyrion eats a rib of a boar at Joffrey's wedding feast

Boar was served at Lysa and LF's wedding

There was a boar being roasted at Mance's camp in ASoS, the same book where he is captured and imprisoned

This, boars symbolize regime change, rebellion or usurpation in the series...

I do wonder if this also bodes poorly for Tormond as leader of the wildlings at CB.

Sure!

This was "The Food Code" started by Apple Martini right? It has been awhile since I read it, but I do remember this example. Though I thought that the Boar symbolism had more to do with the Wildings taking over the role of the NW when it was introduced.

This was "The Food Code" started by Apple Martini right? It has been awhile since I read it, but I do remember this example. Though I thought that the Boar symbolism had more to do with the Wildings taking over the role of the NW when it was introduced.

Yes and I think AM was heavily involved.... I was going to suggest doing a search on it as there are all sorts of fun Easter eggs there...

Archived