Season 5 trailer discussion (book spoilers)

Maid So Fair

Watching the trailer and seing Ellaria at spearpoint, and also seing her with the Sand Snakes, I got the idea that maybe she is going to play Arianne's role regarding the Myrcella plot.

Any thoughts on that?

There are quite a few people who seem to think so. I'm one of those, but without knowing how they're trimming the Dornish plot line, it's hard to say.

I think I found out what Sansa's traumatic scene will be.

I don't think it will be what everyone think it will be. That, Sansa will get beaten or raped by Baelish or some man and that is what will be horrible to watch. Given what Petyr said to her in the trailer while they are in the vale "There is no justice in this world, no unless WE make it. AVENGE them", Sansa will probably see someone who supports the Starks getting beaten or raped by the Lannister faction. Instead of helping with what little power she has, and endangering herself, she will hide and either listen or ignore. That scene will be traumatic because she will be once again bearing witness to the abuse she handled at the hands of the Lannisters, only this time it isn't directed at her, it will go a lot farther, and she won't be able to do anything to save the victim in the crisis. Look at her, she doesn't look like she was raped, she just seems upset/traumatized. If she was raped Petyr wouldn't have acted so coolly, nor would Sansa seem so composed, she'd be a wreck.

This is why Petyr is saying "Avenge Them". Something happens to someone that Sansa knows or supports her house, and it will be a common enemy. Petyr wants Sansa to avenge whoever was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He get what he wants, Sansa get what she wants, and he is still manipulating her.

I made this it's own thread btw, Idk if it will be approved, I don't post much on here.

I just had a terrible thought. More chaos in the Vale something happens to Sansa's cousin Lord Robert.... Whether Littlefinger has anything to do with it or not it could be something that spurs her to action.

I just had a terrible thought. More chaos in the Vale something happens to Sansa's cousin Lord Robert.... Whether Littlefinger has anything to do with it or not it could be something that spurs her to action.

it's a bit too early for something to happen to Robert. Remember LF asked the Lords Declarant (or wtv they called themselves) for a year of rule before stepping down. After the year is up they will be powerless against him, but until that happens he needs Sweetrobin in order to act as his regent.

I think I found out what Sansa's traumatic scene will be.

I don't think it will be what everyone think it will be. That, Sansa will get beaten or raped by Baelish or some man and that is what will be horrible to watch. Given what Petyr said to her in the trailer while they are in the vale "There is no justice in this world, no unless WE make it. AVENGE them", Sansa will probably see someone who supports the Starks getting beaten or raped by the Lannister faction. Instead of helping with what little power she has, and endangering herself, she will hide and either listen or ignore. That scene will be traumatic because she will be once again bearing witness to the abuse she handled at the hands of the Lannisters, only this time it isn't directed at her, it will go a lot farther, and she won't be able to do anything to save the victim in the crisis. Look at her, she doesn't look like she was raped, she just seems upset/traumatized. If she was raped Petyr wouldn't have acted so coolly, nor would Sansa seem so composed, she'd be a wreck.

This is why Petyr is saying "Avenge Them". Something happens to someone that Sansa knows or supports her house, and it will be a common enemy. Petyr wants Sansa to avenge whoever was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He get what he wants, Sansa get what she wants, and he is still manipulating her.

I made this it's own thread btw, Idk if it will be approved, I don't post much on here.

I think your theory is interesting but why would Stark loyalists be abused in the Vale? Last I heard Bronze Yohn was itching to join the war and fight on Robb's side. I think the avenge them line refers to the RW and getting justice for her murdered family. There is a fair amount of speculation regarding Lady Stoneheart's arc being merged with Sansa's. Perhaps she'll get her hands on some Freys... or Brienne.

Listen to Varys's line without watching the screen. His line is pieced together from two different sentences. "The 7 kingdoms need (cut) a ruler loved by millions with a powerful army and the right family name."

I'm not ruling out misdirection as yet.

There were a bunch of spoilers revealed last August in which what Varys said was mentioned in the exact same wording so what you're saying is very unlikely. On the other hand what Varys is saying there could very well be misdirection by him, not showing his hand to Tyrion. I doubt they'd just give away something like that (Varys' motivations) so plainly in the first trailer for the season when it's been a mystery since the start of the show.

Wonder if Sansa takes up her Mother's role on the show and uses the Brotherhood to hunt Freys and Lannisters...

As far as the show is concerned, Lord Beric is still alive, correct?

Was there not some twinkle in Sansa's eye when she saw Beric the first time?

It's very confusing, since the same stuff is being discussed in more than 3 topics. Sansa becoming Stoneheart or fArya would be extremely unpleasant and a hopeful solution for the Brotherhood would be that Beric doesn't die or the Blackfish takes his place.

What's people's obsession with the speculations about Sansa fulfilling LSH's, fArya's or Darkstar's role as if they are more important than Sansa's OWN storyline?

Sansa is not going to become someone who hangs Frey's, Brienne or Jaime for fun. She has her own storyline which as of now seems to be become Olenna Redwyne 2.0

If someone will take LSH's role it will be the Blackfish and even that is far fetching, maybe he also has other stuff to do and there simply won't be anyone hanging Frey's - they will die another way or we'll see Michelle Fairley return.

I think your theory is interesting but why would Stark loyalists be abused in the Vale? Last I heard Bronze Yohn was itching to join the war and fight on Robb's side. I think the avenge them line refers to the RW and getting justice for her murdered family. There is a fair amount of speculation regarding Lady Stoneheart's arc being merged with Sansa's. Perhaps she'll get her hands on some Freys... or Brienne.

Well according to the leaked script, the knights of the Vale are going to chase Brienne & Pod.. Sansa might refuse her aid..

At 1:17, Arya picks Needle up and run her fingers along the blade as if she is renewing her acquaintance with it, to the voice-over '...and this is what remains'. I wonder if her arc is slightly ahead of the books at this point...

I think that scene is when she refuses to get rid of it and hides it after having burnt (or throw in the canals) her old rags.

"Good luck finding him"

"Who said anything about him"

Cut to Dany.

They couldn't make it any more obvious.

This is exactly why I cannot believe it to be 100% clear that fAegon is cut out. it simply would be too obvious.

fAegon is a character whose appearance surprised us all. if fAegon is included in the show then D&D would of course want to create the same effect for the viewers. announcing him in the first trailer wouldn't be a good strategy to achieve this result.

therefore, I think that his absence doesn't indicate anything, because his absence was to be expected regardless of whether he is included or not.

and in the books, too, Mopatis only told him to help Dany, and he left out that there might be another Targaryen-claim to the IT. and Varys not telling the truth but manipulating people into actions that support his intentions isn't really new to us.

so, I wouldn't bet that we will surely see fAegon in the show, but I think that this trailer doesn't prove at all that we will not see him.

This is exactly why I cannot believe it to be 100% clear that fAegon is cut out. it simply would be too obvious.

*snip*

so, I wouldn't bet that we will surely see fAegon in the show, but I think that this trailer doesn't prove at all that we will not see him.

D&D are fairly blatant when it comes to dropping hints. IMO they are not masters of subtlety. Part of this is that there is such a long time between seasons, and they also need to clear things up for Unsullied, but they are also firmly in the camp of portraying Dany as a hero.

Re: fAegon, if I'm wrong I'll eat my words, but all signs seem to point to him being cut. I think lots of people *want* him to be in, so just as with LSH, they are clinging to hope.

D&D are fairly blatant when it comes to dropping hints. IMO they are not masters of subtlety. Part of this is that there is such a long time between seasons, and they also need to clear things up for Unsullied, but they are also firmly in the camp of portraying Dany as a hero.

Re: fAegon, if I'm wrong I'll eat my words, but all signs seem to point to him being cut. I think lots of people *want* him to be in, so just as with LSH, they are clinging to hope.

You might be right. In a few months we will know better :)

IF fAegon should appear, it might be much later than in the books. so: no Shy Maid and no game of cyvasse with Tyrion.

I could imagine that in E8 or E9 there is rumour in KL of a sellsword leading the Golden company, landing in the Stormlands and attacking Storm's End. And at the end of E10 Varys explains it all to Kevan before crossbowing him.

(I know, it's not likely that it would happen like this, because it would be too much in short time and too complicated for Unsullied -.-)

So Varys was reading Jorah's mind and understood he loved Dany and wouldn't have let the wine poisoner succeed. Then he orchestrated the timing of things from a world away so that Jorah would receive the pardon and return to Dany before Dany would happen upon the wine seller. And he knew Jorah would fit it all together and identify and stop the threat.

So if Aegon is cut we're supposed to believe the unlikely scenario above?

Archived