Season 5 trailer discussion (book spoilers)

Maid So Fair

Oh my goodness if he was in, with so many more important and interesting people having been cut, I would begin to have some serious doubts about the writers of the show.

I am not sure if Quentyn is cut or not, but the scene where the dragon breaths fire in the dark looked alot like a pale dragon in a dungeon. That could be Quentyn's death or someone who is taking over Quentyn's role

If you mean the very first voiceover, I'm pretty sure that's Brienne talking, not Cersei. And Brienne talking about her own death doesn't make much sense. I'd wager she's speaking to Jaime about either Tywin or Tyrion.

I think it'll be Pod that Brienne's talking to. They'll have heard the news from KL, which must reach other parts as it is BIG news. Maybe there's a price been put on Pod's head too. The words make sense about Bronn sending Pod off with Brienne on Jaime's Quest. There was a hint that it may have been Tyrion who asked Bronn to make sure Pod was away: his axe. Didn't Bronn say, 'he'd want you to have it', or words to that effect?

That was a little underwhelming. I love Bowie but that song is so out of place in the trailer. Definitely the weakest one so far.

Also am I the only one that's noticed that all the trailers include a bunch of footage and in the middle an "epic" Dany line that stands out. And then we get to the end of the season and her situation has not changed. It's getting a bit repetitive.

^Exactly. Bowie doesn't do uplifting really.

Case in point, from Quicksand (off of Hunky Dory):

"Don't believe in yourself,

Don't deceive with belief,

Knowledge comes with death's release."

Wasn't 'Heroes' recorded with Berlin Wall only a stone's throw away? (Obvious 'Wall' connection.)

Quicksand comes out of Bowie's time in NYC, I think. It'd be about religion and.... The last line is very..... I'm sure I'll get this name wrong.... Paramhansa Yogananda. (Autobiography of a Yogi was extremely popular late 60s, early 70s)

Disappointed by some the cut characters, but I'm not suprised. If there's any books in the series they could afford cutting content from, it's Feast and Dance.

Still, I think Aegriff should've been kept. He presents a whole new challenge to Daenerys when she gets to Westeros. A long thought dead family member who may be become more popular than her with the Westerosi and also has a superior claim(under his false identity that is). Now it seems like Dany will land in Westeros, and all will welcome her with open arms.

Ironborn are also irrelevant, which is unfortunate. I actually found the Ironborn plot to be way more interesting than the Dornish plot in Feast and Dance. Except for the Aeron chapter.

I wasn't really opposed to changes in the last season, but some of these do concern me. Really not looking forward to the added emphasis of TrystanexMyrcella, Sand Snakes, Dorne, and MissandeixGreyworm.

Meerenese storyline looks more promising.

You're not the only person in the world reading the books and your opinions about what is stupid and what is not are not absolute or mandatory because of your preferences. Some of us actually liked Aegon's plot, you know? and some of us actually think that eliminate it, specially because the show has done a POORLY job developing the back story of the characters like Rhaegar, Lyanna and Elsa, is the stupid decision.

i feel like if they did aegon now (not saying they will at all) it would be a mistake because they didn't develop rhaeger lyanna and elsa. i also think not dropping that info was smart too. i could see a lot of that story developing with jaime in dorne this season. which would be really cool.

Her name was Elia Martell! Say it!

Lets say goodbye to:

Aegon Targaryen

Aeron Greyjoy

Alerie Hightower

Alys Karstark

Arianne Martell

Arys Oakheart

Aurane Waters

Balon Swann

Barbrey Dustin

Coldhands

Donal Noye

Euron Greyjoy

Gerold Dayne

Harys Swyft

Jeyne Poole

Jocelyn Swyft

Jon Connington

Justin Massey

Lady Stoneheart

Lemore

Moqorro

Mya Stone

Paxter Redwyne

Patchface

Pate

Randyll Tarly

Orton Merryweather

Osmund Kettleblack

Osney Kettleblack

Quentyn Martell

Satin

Strong Belwas

Taena Merryweather

Val

Victarion Greyjoy

Oh well, I guess none of them are important. But it does condense the filler of AFFC and ADWD out of the overall story.

Jesus, when you put it that way.

I think I found out what Sansa's traumatic scene will be.

I don't think it will be what everyone think it will be. That, Sansa will get beaten or raped by Baelish or some man and that is what will be horrible to watch. Given what Petyr said to her in the trailer while they are in the vale "There is no justice in this world, no unless WE make it. AVENGE them", Sansa will probably see someone who supports the Starks getting beaten or raped by the Lannister faction. Instead of helping with what little power she has, and endangering herself, she will hide and either listen or ignore. That scene will be traumatic because she will be once again bearing witness to the abuse she handled at the hands of the Lannisters, only this time it isn't directed at her, it will go a lot farther, and she won't be able to do anything to save the victim in the crisis. Look at her, she doesn't look like she was raped, she just seems upset/traumatized. If she was raped Petyr wouldn't have acted so coolly, nor would Sansa seem so composed, she'd be a wreck.

This is why Petyr is saying "Avenge Them". Something happens to someone that Sansa knows or supports her house, and it will be a common enemy. Petyr wants Sansa to avenge whoever was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He get what he wants, Sansa get what she wants, and he is still manipulating her.

I made this it's own thread btw, Idk if it will be approved, I don't post much on here.

That was a little underwhelming. I love Bowie but that song is so out of place in the trailer. Definitely the weakest one so far.

Also am I the only one that's noticed that all the trailers include a bunch of footage and in the middle an "epic" Dany line that stands out. And then we get to the end of the season and her situation has not changed. It's getting a bit repetitive.

Didn't Dany once declare - I Will Rule', using strong intention voice? Now we get this one - 'I'm going to break the wheel'. This time it's Badass Dany speaking. What can I say? As usual, it's.... I've got a great local saying that fits here. All mouth, no trousers.

Maybe, just maybe, Tyrion is the voice Dany needs to listen to. Perhaps that's what Varys was hinting, strongly, for him to do.

How does Tyrion get to be sat near Dany when they're at Danzak's Pit? Does he become some kind of manager of gladiators (which includes Jorah), so gets this prize seat?

I still think Varys is up to something other than backing Dany, as the trailer seems to hint he's doing. There are other contenders.

A ruler loved by millions - Margeary's been winning support there - Sansa could be in a strong position too, when The Vale gets behind her - Things need to happen, like marrying, for Myrcella to come into the picture. Somehow, I think she'll win over people when they see how she is with Trystane.

A powerful army - Margaery has a mighty force behind her - Sansa will be backed by a large force too, when The Vale supports her - Dorne would have a formidable force if the factions backed Mycrella (with Trystane) - Maybe you can include Yara (Asha) too, if tides turn to back her as Balon's successor. (Presumably, it's going to come out that he added to Mel's list of successes. The forgotten death of last season.)

The right family name - Tyrell - Stark - Martell could be a wildcard - Greyjoy loses everything here.

Why not Dany?

Loved by millions? Astapor and Yunkai have turned since Dany moved on. Old Meeren didn't welcome her. New Meereen is far too unsettled for her to gain support.

Does she have a powerful army? I don't think you'd ever call those she has anything like a powerful army. Sure, the majority are loyal but..... Three dragons don't equate to a powerful army.

Has she got the right family name? As she's the daughter of Aerys (Mad King) Targaryen, she's already losing on that score. As yet, she's not proven to be up to much as a ruler to redeem the name.

Unless.... Does Varys have a plan to change everything?

can we stop the "I'm glad X was cut because I think X is meaningless and pointless"? You're not the only people reading the books and other people have completely opposite opinions about what is important and what is not.

Thank you.

The books and the show are becoming completely separate things, and we need to treat them accordingly.

In summary:

Typical Littlefinger ''I am smart'' quote

Typical Dany ''I am a badass, I know everything'' quote (when she obviously has downs)

Typical Cersei talking about Tyrion

Lots of Dany and Tyrion screentime

Shit song

No Stannis

2/10

Basically this. Nothing fresh. Same old, same old.

Archived