Walder Frey= Safe and Sound?

Seaworth'sShipmate

well at the moment yes. But if you want to talk scenarios. all it takes is one person to open a drawbridge for some kind of army/force. Not to mention the Freys are being picked apart at the moment. Walder could become some kind of offering by other Freys for their safety.

Is Walder safe and sound in his castle? I think he is. Its almost impossible to take the twins. He can stay cozily in his castle until he dies IMO.

The Greeks (Byzantines) thought it was impossible to take Constantinople, the city is now Istanbul ;).

Besides, the rivers are a useless defense against dragons and the others, who will likely freeze the river, and walk right into the castle. If the Frey's last that long.... Besides with winter hitting hard, eventually they are going to have to bring food into the castle. They may be forced to open its doors with their tails between their legs.

The Greeks (Byzantines) thought it was impossible to take Constantinople, the city is now Istanbul ;).

Besides, the rivers are a useless defense against dragons and the others, who will likely freeze the river, and walk right into the castle. If the Frey's last that long.... Besides with winter hitting hard, eventually they are going to have to bring food into the castle. They may be forced to open its doors with their tails between their legs.

dont forget Troy either.

Well that too. I was more or less considering late medieval/early modern cities that were constantly attacked and easily held out. But it would be interesting if everyone was starving and the "Trojan horse" happened to be a massive food cart.

well id comapre i to troy more. Nobody thought Troys walls were penetrable just like the twins.

well id comapre i to troy more. Nobody thought Troys walls were penetrable just like the twins.

Contemporaries felt the same about Constantinople. It took the Ottomans over a century before Mehmed II finally found a clever way. Either I think we are in agreement that the Twins will fall ;). Whether it be by trojan horse, dragon fire, or WW's. Or Stannis. I personally would like to see Stannis or some northern leader sack the fort by out-thinking the Frey's. It surely would wipe the smug look off his face.

Contemporaries felt the same about Constantinople. It took the Ottomans over a century before Mehmed II finally found a clever way. Either I think we are in agreement that the Twins will fall ;). Whether it be by trojan horse, dragon fire, or WW's. Or Stannis. I personally would like to see Stannis or some northern leader sack the fort by out-thinking the Frey's. It surely would wipe the smug look off his face.

agreed. I really hope its a northern force led by the greatjon

I doubt any westerosi army will develop gunpowder soon. Plus in constantipnople the romans where massivly overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

Archived