What do Others eat?

I always imagined that they existed on the very edges of reality. Like a wraith only they use ice in ways mortals couldn't imagine. An incomprehensible enemy that doesn't eat or sleep, flickering into existence before shrinking away again.
I just can't picture them chowing salt beef and necking mead.  

In short: I don't think they do any of the things we do. Whatever powers them must be something alien. 

The Others do not eat. I believe in the Fomas' interpretation of the first Others, that they were a desperate, dire need of branched off First Men. A tribe that became too hungry, cold, and desperate, ventured ever north, and came into their abilities.

The idea is that im coming to believe, is that they gained (in exchange for a horrible price), immunity to the cold, immunity to hunger, immunity to natural death, all the ailments that effected that tribe. Logistically, all their strengths, (if Fomas is to be believed in the slightest), are stemmed from what despairs that original tribe were suffering from.

The area they gained those abilities, in the furthest northern regions of the land of always winter, lies the Heart of Winter. Whether it's a person, an object, or whatever is up for debate. Those First Men were either granted those powers, or, they took them to survive

Archived