Val! and Jon ?

Mehmet Eren

he stole ygritte, that's a marriage- like pact to a wilding no? at least he (Jon) considers that he broke his vows, multiple times

why turn this into a Jon vs Dany thread?

Um, because, as much as I don't like Dany, I'm trying to point out that she actually does do this on a regular basis, and that this is yet another similarity with Jon.  

Exactly which vow of the NW tells them to not have sex?

It doesn't really matter what the vows say or not. For Jon, it was breaking his vows and his own words about how he didn't want a wife and children, the one reason why he joined in first place. He was betraying himself by having sex with Ygritte because he could have ended up fathering a bastard.

why turn this into a Jon vs Dany thread?

Because that's pretty much the point of mostly Jon/Val shipping: to desperately cling to the idea that Jon won't stain his immaculate snowflakeness by rubbing his sanctimonious penis to Dany's dirty treacherous revengeful bad ruling crazy dragon lady parts despite text says otherwise.

Because that's pretty much the point of mostly Jon/Val shipping: to desperately cling to the idea that Jon won't stain his immaculate snowflakeness by rubbing his sanctimonious penis to Dany's dirty treacherous revengeful bad ruling crazy dragon lady parts despite text says otherwise.

:dunno:  go figure..

Jon did steal Val. He showed up in the middle of a battle with a sword and took her into his custody. This would be the second time he's accidentally stolen a wildling. One would think he'd learned something by now, but he knows nothing.After he "steals/rescues" her she asks him if he killed Jarl. I think at that point she was considering if she was going to let herself be stolen or not. After that point she does everything he asks her to do without complaint, without objection and at great personal risk to herself (e.g. finding Tormund).  

No, it's not. Believe it or not, there are people who can genuinely like them without the whole J - D angle. Funny that people who haven't met each other are okay to ship because of 'textual' evidence, but one can't ship two characters who obviously seem to have a thing for each other without getting generalised. The desperation is too much.

No, it's not. Believe it or not, there are people who can genuinely like them without the whole J - D angle. Funny that people who haven't met each other are okay to ship because of 'textual' evidence, but one can't ship two characters who obviously seem to have a thing for each other without getting generalised. The desperation is too much.

That's why I said "mostly".

Why people often says "no, it's not!" when I say "mostly" or "some"? I'm obviously implying NOT ALL. :dunno:

Also, this is not a discussion of shipping. Shipping is a different matter entirely. I can ship Sansa and Pod and that's fine. People liking Jon with Val is ok, but that won't happen.

The reality is that Dany and Jon are narratively headed to find each other and it's likely they will be each other's final match, even if one of them ends up dying before something happen. This is NOT. REAL. LIFE. This is fiction. In fiction, things are dictated by an author and the way in which he plants the seeds. It would be absurd to say I will fall in love with a guy from Australia, because we're a whole ocean apart, but someone who has access to much info than I do can probably say otherwise after seeing some australian guy heading to Peru in the next year in a direction that is towards my life. That is the scenario we, as readers, have and are able to witness: Dany is headed towards Jon. It matters little if they are in even different planets at the moment.

Also, Val is too much a minor character to be Jon's final pair. It's like saying Dany will end up with Hizdhar because he's there next to her :dunno: And yes, I do like Hizdhar.

That's why I said "mostly".

Why people often says "no, it's not!" when I say "mostly" or "some"? I'm obviously implying NOT ALL. :dunno:

Also, this is not a discussion of shipping. Shipping is a different matter entirely. I can ship Sansa and Pod and that's fine. People liking Jon with Val is ok, but that won't happen.

The reality is that Dany and Jon are narratively headed to find each other and it's likely they will be each other's final match, even if one of them ends up dying before something happen. This is NOT. REAL. LIFE. This is fiction. In fiction, things are dictated by an author and the way in which he plants the seeds. It would be absurd to say I will fall in love with a guy from Australia, because we're a whole ocean apart, but someone who has access to much info than I do can probably say otherwise after seeing some australian guy heading to Peru in the next year in a direction that is towards my life. That is the scenario we, as readers, have and are able to witness: Dany is headed towards Jon. It matters little if they are in even different planets at the moment.

Also, Val is too much a minor character to be Jon's final pair. It's like saying Dany will end up with Hizdhar because he's there next to her :dunno: And yes, I do like Hizdhar.

Of course, the two aren't mutually exclusive.  I can easily see Val and Jon happening, it's broken up via the traditional stabby stabby, and Jon ends up marrying Dany.  I happen to think both Dany and Jon (as well as potentially our third head) will go through a sort of 3 lovers thing, but I'm not prepared to defend that against anything support-wise.

Of course, the two aren't mutually exclusive.  I can easily see Val and Jon happening, it's broken up via the traditional stabby stabby, and Jon ends up marrying Dany.  I happen to think both Dany and Jon (as well as potentially our third head) will go through a sort of 3 lovers thing, but I'm not prepared to defend that against anything support-wise.

why not, the Aegon I had two wives, he loved one, the other.. well.. this could be Dany/Jon case, they marry out of duty, but keep their respective love interest... the only problem with this would be the faith.. i have to be clear,, its very unlikely for this to actually happen,  but there's precedent

why not, the Aegon I had two wives, he loved one, the other.. well.. this could be Dany/Jon case, they marry out of duty, but keep their respective love interest... the only problem with this would be the faith.. i have to be clear,, its very unlikely for this to actually happen,  but there's precedent

JOrah kinda suggested Dany to have two husbands.

...little he knew he wouldn't be one of them :lol:

I'm ok. with Aegon-Dany-Jon  happening, btw.

Actually, I'm talking about Jon doing the equivalent of going from Drogo (stabby infecty) to Hizdar (very likely going to be stabby stabby/drowny drowny) to Jon if we're assuming a Jon and Dany relationship.  

So, Ygritte (distance stabby) to Val (let's just say burny burny) to Dany.

Actually, I'm talking about Jon doing the equivalent of going from Drogo (stabby infecty) to Hizdar (very likely going to be stabby stabby/drowny drowny) to Jon if we're assuming a Jon and Dany relationship.  

So, Ygritte (distance stabby) to Val (let's just say burny burny) to Dany.

Being an object of affection of this two has a higher mortaliy rate than childbirth in middle times...

Being an object of affection of this two has a higher mortaliy rate than childbirth in middle times...

It actually wouldn't surprise me if Dany had a 4th sandwiched in between Hizdar and Jon.  One of the squids.  (1st, I'm not sure mounts applies to husbands, and 2nd, the "prophecy" was post Drogo).

I'm actually not sure how that would end up.  Let's just say "trauma trauma-y?"

That'd be what, 5 of 6 pairings destroyed by mortality?

snip

So what if someone speculates that they will end up together? They have the right to do that without getting generalised. And there aren't many similarities to Val/Dany as 'most' of Dany's fandom likes to say. Going by your opinion people should stop speculating about characters ending up together or hooking up because they're too much of a minor character or X person has more parallels and chances of ending with Z person, which is bs.

dont get me started with childbirth related death... im barely composing myself...

:lol: oh, honey *hug*

It actually wouldn't surprise me if Dany had a 4th sandwiched in between Hizdar and Jon.  One of the squids.  (1st, I'm not sure mounts applies to husbands, and 2nd, the "prophecy" was post Drogo).

I'm actually not sure how that would end up.  Let's just say "trauma trauma-y?"

That'd be what, 5 of 6 pairings destroyed by mortality?

I'm sure Dany will find out she was meant to marry some Braavosi.

So what if someone speculates that they will end up together? They have the right to do that without getting generalised. And there aren't many similarities to Val/Dany as 'most' of Dany's fandom likes to say. Going by your opinion people should stop speculating about characters ending up together or hooking up because they're too much of a minor character or X person has more parallels and chances of ending with Z person, which is bs.

People can speculate all they want. But some things are very unlikely to happen, that's my point.

Do Val and Jon have a chance to happen? Yes. But is minimal :dunno: Also, it's not much the fact Val and Dany are similar: is that Jon AND DANY are similar.

People can speculate all they want. But some things are very unlikely to happen, that's my point.

Do Val and Jon have a chance to happen? Yes. But is minimal :dunno: Also, it's not much the fact Val and Dany are similar: is that Jon AND DANY are similar.

So why generalise people who actually speculate/like Val/Jon if you're fine with it? It's unfair to put down people for actually reading the hints and potential for a relationship between a 'major' & 'minor' character just because you think they're unlikely to happen. People are free to speculate whatever they want about 2 people who have a shot at becoming a thing. I find the whole concept of J and D ridiculous, neither have I read any textual hints of them becoming a thing, but I'm not going to generalise 'most' of the shippers because they like them.

And what does J - D being similar have to do with what I said about Val/Dany?

So why generalise people who actually speculate/like Val/Jon if you're fine with it? It's unfair to put down people for actually reading the hints and potential for a relationship between a 'major' & 'minor' character just because you think they're unlikely to happen. People are free to speculate whatever they want about 2 people who have a shot at becoming a thing. I find the whole concept of J and D ridiculous, neither have I read any textual hints of them becoming a thing, but I'm not going to generalise 'most' of the shippers because they like them.

And what does J - D being similar have to do with what I said about Val/Dany?

some people have the right to theorize Val+Jon thats true, but other people have the right to voice their opionion against it, especially when you post it on the internet, perhaps its not fair, but its the way it is.. just as you have the right to voice your opinion about Dany+Jon, the difference being, that the only one being apparently offended is you, and as we say in my country, you have double the job, getting mad, and calming down again...

Archived