The Malazan Book of the Fallen is done!

pat5150

Well called, although I do think that

it still needed way more setup in previous books that the CG was redeemable; it had been mentioned that he was twisted by his fall, but him suddenly going all love and peace still felt a bit out of nowhere

It wasn't a perfect ending but it was a satisfying one. Apart from my above quibble, I was also annoyed that

SE devoted so many pages of the slightly-too-brief wind-down time to Whiskeyfuckingjack rather than to characters who hadn't been dead for seven books and already got hundreds of pages of eulogy and remembrance.

I still intend to read the other upcoming (6? or so) books unless they center around Yawnsa. If they have too much Orshort yuckiness, I will give it a pass.

Three of them are a Tiste Andii prequel trilogy and as such are unlikely feature any Karsa at all. The other three I believe are intended to focus on Karsa, though I'm not 100% on that.

I don't think mister Orlong will take any great part in ICE's books, though his next one is set in Darujhistan and that's where Karsa is now.

Nah, I seriously caught on to that like quite early on so for me it was good enough since I knew it was coming.

Three of them are a Tiste Andii prequel trilogy and as such are unlikely feature any Karsa at all. The other three I believe are intended to focus on Karsa, though I'm not 100% on that.

I don't think mister Orlong will take any great part in ICE's books, though his next one is set in Darujhistan and that's where Karsa is now.

There will be some more books, with a different focus and with shorter, less epic scope from what I know. I'll be reading those except for the books which focus too much on Yawnsa who I don't like. I did also read one of the Bauchelain (spelling?) stories which I loved. Probably there will be more of that.

I'm off to the Malazan forums! Now I can actually read all the threads hahahaha. I can't believe I have been reading this series for so long. Phew. Great feeling to actually have a good ending to a really big, sprawling epic. Like it or not, you have to admit Malazan was a huge undertaking and Erikson deserves a lot of props for staying super focused for so long and finishing what he started in a relatively timely manner.

This just makes me look forward more to the ending of ASoIaF. That will be awesome.

There will be some more books, with a different focus and with shorter, less epic scope from what I know.

Not really shorter. Forge of Darkness is longer than Gardens of the Moon, Deadhouse Gates and I believe Midnight Tides. It's Erikson's shortest book since 2004 though.

There's already a page count for Forge of Darkness? Nice. From the title this looks like one of the prequel books focused on Rake, Brood, et al. Sweet, I can hardly wait for it.

Malazan forums are down for me right now.

Archived