Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

Suddenly, there is a horrible crash of thunder.

You all look anxiously from side to side. The sky was clear only moments before.

Then you hear a terrifying howl.

You all decide to leave the site of the execution and head quickly to your homes.

Meanwhile, in the woods, the rebels are congregating around a campfire. In Sunshine Gaia Rainbow Karma's hands is an ancient leatherbound tome with a pentagram engraved on the front.

"It looks like the arts campaign was a bust," said Sunshine Gaia Rainbow Karma. "Well, it's time to up the ante a little."

"Are you sure about this?" asked Mao Trotsky Pinko. "The chemicals, man, I can dig. The psychedelic exploration of the mind and altered states of perception are part of the counterculture movement protesting the mundane status quo. But this goes beyond class warfare. These are mysterious forces we're messing with."

"Oh, open your mind, man! This is, like, totally wild. We are going to, like, bring magic realism to Vanillaville once and for all."

She opens the book and recites an incantation.

I totally blame the mods for ending the day at times where no one is around. :dunno:

Sorry, the timing was bad luck. (Believe me, I don't like the deadline any more than you do. It's almost 4 AM here.) Maybe next time, I'll extend the deadline if a majority of players tell me the time doesn't work for them.

But don't blame me if people who know they won't be around don't cast their votes in advance or try to reach a compromise beforehand.

8) And then he removes his vote from Frey, due to his more recent posts and my analysis about Frey's vote. Interesting note - I didn't say that Frey was entirely innocent. Just that I don't suspect him if he isn't a partner to Ashford. Bolton kind of skips that last part.

It wasn't a series of posts that convinced me, but rather ONE post. He got angry at me for calling him a low contributor, like RL angry. Debate all you like whether or not it should, that does influence how I feel about people.

Your post just offered good backup support for my already swayed opinion is all. And I know you didn't fully clear him of all guilt, but you did narrow down the field of possible associations.

Bolton, can you explain this? Why did the effort to gather gold matter for your opinion of one player, but not another?

The gold thing was more about timing than contribution. Reed was not coerced into doing so, you seemed rather reluctant.

To be honest I think I might be giving it too much weight. I'll be doing a reread of Reed tomorrow.

For now however I'm going back to bed.

RIP Connsters

Though your name's bad for haiku

Sad to see you go

Still, glad someone died

Sorry for not being there

I slept like a rock.

Reed is worrying, even if he is innocent. Sorry, but someone who has Estermont and me on tier one of his suspects should deeply reconsider what he's doing. It feels almost as if he is not interested in a lynch today.

I am suspicious

Of whom I'm suspicious of

I can't help it.

But I agree that

our mys'try voter's likely

to not be evil.

So obviously

I still want to change my alt

Can I get some gold?

Suddenly, there is a horrible crash of thunder.

You all look anxiously from side to side. The sky was clear only moments before.

Then you hear a terrifying howl.

You all decide to leave the site of the execution and head quickly to your homes.

Meanwhile, in the woods, the rebels are congregating around a campfire. In Sunshine Gaia Rainbow Karma's hands is an ancient leatherbound tome with a pentagram engraved on the front.

"It looks like the arts campaign was a bust," said Sunshine Gaia Rainbow Karma. "Well, it's time to up the ante a little."

"Are you sure about this?" asked Mao Trotsky Pinko. "The chemicals, man, I can dig. The psychedelic exploration of the mind and altered states of perception are part of the counterculture movement protesting the mundane status quo. But this goes beyond class warfare. These are mysterious forces we're messing with."

"Oh, open your mind, man! This is, like, totally wild. We are going to, like, bring magic realism to Vanillaville once and for all."

She opens the book and recites an incantation.

OK, that's weird. I take it this is the role-changing thing that was so heavily talked about in the OPs?

*CRASH*

*RUMBLE*

*SQUEAK*

The villagers stare in amazement as a terrifying looking stormcloud gathers above Vanillaville, ominously seeming to warn of peril ahead. And a single perfect white snowflake plummets down towards the Late Mayor Beige's official residence (the Bland House). I say plummets advisedly, because this particular snowflake is held between the tiny paws of a petrified baby mouse that some evil devil had painted all colours of the rainbow. The assembled crowd had only a fraction of a second to admire the fragile bundle of cuteness, before it slammed into poor Farmer Estermont who happened to be standing directly under its flight path. The mouse may only have weighed a few grams, but at such a speed...you do the maths, the point is both Estermont and the mouse are now dead.

With a calmness that would have been unthinkable only a week ago, the villagers accept this most bizarre occurrence with equanimity. Decidedly unvanillavillesque things happened all through the night, and while they kept no-one from their doctor-prescribed 7.2 hours of sleep, it was somewhat perturbing that Farmer Jim's long-dead great-grandfather's grave was empty and dug up, with lewd graffiti scawled over the abandoned tombstone. And the brain (and faecal) matter strewn through the streets was, it has to be said, really quite distasteful.

No-one quite knows who the shuffling, aimless vacant blokes walking around are either; some of them look a bit like Madam Tarth, but then she's about the most inbred of the lot of you, so she does look a bit like everyone this side of King's Landing. You can only hope that these flaneur chaps don't interfere with your attempt to unearth the evil mods - perhaps, suggested one particularly bright spark, they'll leave you alone if you feed them the brains of your dead compatriots. Estermont's body being closest, you saw open his skull, only to find that all those long years of Vanillaville life have given the gooey part of his brain an aroma and consitency identical to porridge made with water, with absolutely no sugar added. No doubt about it, Estermont was a vanilla mod

Disheartened, disillusioned and depressed, you sit down for breakfast. But as Farmer Rob returns from the village pump, your eyes collectively roll back into your heads, you fall backwards off your benches and have the most amazing hallucinations. Tarth dreams of a hundred green unicorns acting out the complete works of Gilbert and Sullivan, speeded up a hundred times, Reed imagines a pencil with eyes, a nose and ears, but no mouth, that walks around (it also has legs) trying to make sarcastic comments, but always being frustrated because he has no mouth to speak with. Fossoway thinks he sees a golden fairy riding a smiling griffin, alternately granting heart-warming wishes in order to reward people for being good and honest and true, and leading a band of orcs to rape and pillage midwestern towns. And the rest of your hallucinations are really weird. You aren't sure what your roles are, if any of you had any, but you suspect that when you remember, things might not be quite as they were before.

There's definitely something strange in the water.

The wisest among you realise that this is going to affect the coroner finder too. Maybe it means that instead of giving the faction of the person who dies from now on you will only hear an episodic telling of the story of the anthropomorphic pencil who was granted the ability to speak by a schizophrenic fairy when he realised that instead of making sarcastic comments to do everyone down, he should say nice things and make people feel good, and it return for the gift of speech, the pencil gives the fairy tips on military strategy that he picked up while training in the Swedish military. Perhaps not. Maybe the CF will just give opposite results. In a moment of incongruous out-of-characterness, you realise you will have to wait for Minamod to come and clarify exactly what has happened to the CF. All you know is, it's gone crazy somehow. And you're down another player. And things are getting weirder by the day. Better keep going eh?

It is Day Square.

Some players remain, but they haven't voted yet.

Archived