Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

Wouldn't that count as a provisional? So if someone else didn't confirm their night action as well, then you+someone else would've held up the night. Otherwise, it couldn't have been you alone. I'm rusty on modding, but I'm pretty sure that's how it goes?

It wasn't provisional, I sent it in during the night.

The question is: Would Mina go that far in enforcing a joke?

It wasn't provisional, I sent it in during the night.

The question is: Would Mina go that far in enforcing a joke?

Well, did night end after you sent in the PM? We do have three mods. Surely one of them must've been around before nearly 8 hours had rolled by, yeah? Unless you legit sent your PM after nearly 8 hours had rolled by. In which case, dude, you suck.

I'm starting here:

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Estermont, Tarth, Connington, Frey, Westerling, Fossoway, Ashford, Reed, Vance, Bolton.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

2 votes for Ashford (Estermont, Tarth)

2 votes for Vance (Fossoway, Connington)

1 vote for Westerling (Bolton.)

1 vote for Fossoway (Vance)

1 vote for Reed (Westerling)

1 vote for Bolton (Reed)

2 players have not voted: Frey, Ashford.

Ashford and Vance are 2-2, and right afterwards Frey votes for Ashford. I think we can safely eliminate an Ashford-Frey pairing.

Then Westerling votes for Vance and Ashford and Vance vote each other. It's 4-4 between them when Reed puts the decisive 5th vote on Vance. Frey eventually hammers Vance.

As you can see I also voted Ashford, so from your PoV you should also eliminate an Ashford-Tarth partnership.

Possible partners for Ashford: Reed, Fossoway and Bolton

Bolton, if more alts keep popping out of the woodwork, you're never going to get everyone to say children of the night blah blah blah. I think the mods are just screwing with you.

Oh I know they're just screwing with me... but the best revenge I could get is by winning the game under their joke conditions!

Somehow I don't think I'll convince the FM of that though.

Did the night take all 8 hours?

I sent in a PM at the same time as my first appearance on the board this morning (7 something Eastern).

Children of the night. What music they make.

Can you show me your fangs then I can be certain your innocent. erm Can vampires be innocent or is that only the ones with Souls? Do you sparkle?

serrioulsy I think I can move Bolton onto my lowest tier. I know if I was gonna fake claim I would have known what my fake roll was. its just too weird and the mods have just gone really weird on us.

Reed, he's kind of defended me all game. which makes me like him. I can't see why a FM would suck up to me the way I've been playing. I know htere are points against him, I just don't see his behaviour as faked.

Tarth has been playing a safe game for a strong FM. Serriously if you are evil you've lead us arround like sheep. My Parranioa is doing a good job of suspecting you. but you have made a serrious effort this game to find the killers (or at least your looking like it. I think I'm gonna have to trust you.

Ashford. Estermont wanted to lynch you to see your CF result. That could have been reason enough not to kill Bolton with a funny roll reveal. But then I doubt Estermont would have pushed your lynch today to tell us about the day 1 lynch. If we get today wrong we loose. So if you did kill Estermont its cos you paniced. and there was plenty of time in the night to re-think things I mean you just said you where arround part way though the night.

Fossoway. I like his friendly style, but he has slipped though this thread without making many ripples or doing much. Also Estermont had a case on him yesterday. The kill makes more sence for Fossoway than Ashford in that sence.

I can tell you I am not really sure on anyone but right now I guess my Tiers are

1. Fossoway, Ashford

2. Tarth Reed

3. Bolton

Did the night take all 8 hours?

I sent in a PM at the same time as my first appearance on the board this morning (7 something Eastern).

3:33AM - day ends

7:35AM - "On the bright side, I have superpowers now!"

10:03AM - night ends.

Seven and a half hours. Didn't wait for full eight. Two and a half hours ish passed since you claimed powers, more if you sent your PM before making that post.

Man, and I thought we'd gone as far off the rails as we could go with the haikus.

Anyway, a common theme coming up in people's lists seems to be Ashford and Fossoway at the top. Are there no dissenting opinions on this?

Ashford, do you see anyone in particular as directing this negative attention towards you?

I guess I could ask Fossoway the same question but he seems to be making himself scarce. That sort of has me worried in itself.

It's harder to get solid informations out of the vote counts than I thought. Apparently I'm not inthe state of mind to do so. I'll try again tomorrow.

However, I think I can rule out a Fossoway-Ashford partnership. Fossoway voted Vance but told us explicitly that he was willing to switch his vote to one of the low-flyers (Ashford, Connington and Frey) if necessary. He popped in one hour before the day ended, and I don't think he would have done if he was partnered with Ashford. He could have stayed MIA to prevent an Ashford lynch.

That leaves only Bolton and Reed as possible Ashford partners.

If I find something to respond to I'll be doing it as I go along, so there might be a lot of spam coming...I've got at least 3 pages to read.

Damn, I totally forgot the first part of my last post. This is what I get for copying+pasting instead of using multiquote.

Fossoway, how'd you go from this opinion:

to having me at the bottom of your tiers? It seems rather inconsistent.

In what I was expecting to be a crazy setup, your reveal about being poisoned was the first thing about it that seemed at all out of the ordinary. You revealed this at a point where the pressure was starting to come off you, so it didn't feel like a desparation move. Ideally I'd have pressed you more about it at the time, but I felt pressed for time and wanted to at least contemplate some of the other players (I feel like I'd been focusing on you a bit too much up to that point).

I was thinking about the tiers as an ordering of who I'd be prepared to lynch, which is not necessarily the same thing as who you find the most suspicious. The poison thing was enough for me to consider keeping you around - not the strongest of reasons, but to be perfectly honest I hadn't found anything so damning as to separate the pack to the extent that it4 wasn't a deal breaker (if that makes any sense).

That kill makes no sense. Bolton claims to have superpowers, Fossoway is probably the MV and Ashford has been holding up the night. But the FM decide to kill Estermont.

Ok, he was unlikely to be lynched, but facing three possibly roled players and not kill a single one of them.... :worried:

Bolton, it's lynch or loose. What's up with your poison?

Fossoway, are you the MV?

No, I am not the MV.

Frey, Reed and Fossoway have been around when you made that claim. If one of them was an FM, he probably would have changed the kill.

Right now I'm concerned about Frey and Fossoway. Both were here during the night, and both decided not to comment anything what happened yesterday, both did not even comment the CF result. Which is strange, because both could not know that they would survive the night. So why not say at least something?

ETA: clarification

I only popped in for a second - saw the CF (:(, by the way) and that weird thing in the middle of the night that confused me. Generally I dislike posting at night anyway, and in addition to taht I didn't want to comment on the CF until I'd had a chance to read what happened after I went to bed (which as it turned out wasn't a whole lot).

Who, me? Evil? Never.

All right. As a result of whatever there is in the Vanillaville drinking water, something strange has happened to you all.

As a result, from this point onward (this did not affect the night scene, but will come into effect now), roles and the CF are now insane. Any player with a role will be PM'd to be informed of how the insanity changes his power.

Just an example of what a role insanity would imply:

A finder will give opposite results.

A healer will become a vigilante.

The CF will give opposite results.

If a player is revealed after the lynch to be a vanilla mod, he is an evil mod.

If a player is revealed as an evil mod, he is a vanilla mod.

I don't understand the point of telling us that a CF is crazy. Surely that defeats the purpose? That role inversion does sound interesting though...

So if neither Bolton nor Fossoway is the MV, the MV has to be an FM. ANd if it was an FM, he probably tried to safe his own and his partner's ass:

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

3 votes for "Green" Connington ( "Yellow" Bolton, "Orange" Fossoway, Mystery Vote)

1 vote for "Brown" Tarth ( "Violet" Reed)

1 vote for "Indigo" Frey ( "Red" Ashford)

1 vote for "Red" Ashford ( "Green" Connington)

1 vote for "Violet" Reed ( "Brown" Tarth)

1 vote for "Yellow" Bolton ( "Indigo" Frey)

1 players have not voted: "Blue" Estermont.

I still don't get why the FM do have a powerful role, but we don't have. Makes no sense balancewise.

In fact, let me clear something up. I was the one who held up the night. I was a 2-shot guard, and I put in a provisional on Tarth before I went to bed, not realising that I needed to confirm it once the night had started (not used to that particular enforcement of provisional rules).

My decision to use a guard shot was as follows:

1) Wow, look at all these tiers! I'm right at the bottom of them all...makes me a good lynch target I guess. Wouldn't want these to go to waste.

2) That poison reveal implies a different mechanic to the usual kill. Maybe we're looking at two independent killers? Might be worth a pop. (Note it was explicitly stated on my role PM that if there was a joint action by two players, guarding one of them would have no effect).

There was a subsequent mod clarification that I read just now that makes a poisoner unlikely - wish I'd had a chance to read that as I'd have retracted my guard usage!

Anyway, the role inversion turned my remaining Guard shot into a Healer-maker. I can give one other player the ability to heal someone else during the night, provided I make the decision before the lynch. I suppose it makes sense - Guard blocks an action, whereas this now adds another one. Not the most exact role inversion though...

EDIT: at least, I think it was me...

Archived