Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

Disheartened, disillusioned and depressed, you sit down for breakfast.

Well that certainly describes how I'm feeling right now.

On the other hand, thank you killers for confirming that I'm totally off track with my suspicions. I suddenly think I like Ashford and Frey more than I like Reed, Tarth and Fossoway :P

Also, I'm not the mystery vote but saying so at night sounded like a pretty stupid thing to do. NOW however would be a pretty good time to reveal if you were lying last night.

Anyway my tiers right now --sans any justification whatsoever-- looks like this:

Fossoway, Ashford

Reed

Tarth

Frey

I don't think Fossoway and Ashford are partnered necessarily.

I'm most uncertain about the two in the middle. Knowing what we know now, I'm doing a semi-reread of the thread starting with Estermont; I think his points against Fossoway and Reed make sense but I wish he had of reviewed Tarth.

Tarth's high volume of posts is the only thing that makes me slightly less suspicious of him. I know this hasn't been a real determinate factor when hunting FM for some time but I still think the FM tend to prefer posting at low volumes.

(And yes, I realize the irony of me making a blanket statement that isn't backed up with proof when I got angry at Tarth for doing the same thing yesterday)

Fossoway, please answer the question I posed to you earlier: How did your opinion of me change so drastically in the span of a single post?

That kill makes no sense. Bolton claims to have superpowers, Fossoway is probably the MV and Ashford has been holding up the night. But the FM decide to kill Estermont.

Ok, he was unlikely to be lynched, but facing three possibly roled players and not kill a single one of them.... :worried:

Bolton, it's lynch or loose. What's up with your poison?

Fossoway, are you the MV?

*CRASH*

*RUMBLE*

*SQUEAK*

The villagers stare in amazement as a terrifying looking stormcloud gathers above Vanillaville, ominously seeming to warn of peril ahead. And a single perfect white snowflake plummets down towards the Late Mayor Beige's official residence (the Bland House). I say plummets advisedly, because this particular snowflake is held between the tiny paws of a petrified baby mouse that some evil devil had painted all colours of the rainbow. The assembled crowd had only a fraction of a second to admire the fragile bundle of cuteness, before it slammed into poor Farmer Estermont who happened to be standing directly under its flight path. The mouse may only have weighed a few grams, but at such a speed...you do the maths, the point is both Estermont and the mouse are now dead.

With a calmness that would have been unthinkable only a week ago, the villagers accept this most bizarre occurrence with equanimity. Decidedly unvanillavillesque things happened all through the night, and while they kept no-one from their doctor-prescribed 7.2 hours of sleep, it was somewhat perturbing that Farmer Jim's long-dead great-grandfather's grave was empty and dug up, with lewd graffiti scawled over the abandoned tombstone. And the brain (and faecal) matter strewn through the streets was, it has to be said, really quite distasteful.

No-one quite knows who the shuffling, aimless vacant blokes walking around are either; some of them look a bit like Madam Tarth, but then she's about the most inbred of the lot of you, so she does look a bit like everyone this side of King's Landing. You can only hope that these flaneur chaps don't interfere with your attempt to unearth the evil mods - perhaps, suggested one particularly bright spark, they'll leave you alone if you feed them the brains of your dead compatriots. Estermont's body being closest, you saw open his skull, only to find that all those long years of Vanillaville life have given the gooey part of his brain an aroma and consitency identical to porridge made with water, with absolutely no sugar added. No doubt about it, Estermont was a vanilla mod

Disheartened, disillusioned and depressed, you sit down for breakfast. But as Farmer Rob returns from the village pump, your eyes collectively roll back into your heads, you fall backwards off your benches and have the most amazing hallucinations. Tarth dreams of a hundred green unicorns acting out the complete works of Gilbert and Sullivan, speeded up a hundred times, Reed imagines a pencil with eyes, a nose and ears, but no mouth, that walks around (it also has legs) trying to make sarcastic comments, but always being frustrated because he has no mouth to speak with. Fossoway thinks he sees a golden fairy riding a smiling griffin, alternately granting heart-warming wishes in order to reward people for being good and honest and true, and leading a band of orcs to rape and pillage midwestern towns. And the rest of your hallucinations are really weird. You aren't sure what your roles are, if any of you had any, but you suspect that when you remember, things might not be quite as they were before.

There's definitely something strange in the water.

The wisest among you realise that this is going to affect the coroner finder too. Maybe it means that instead of giving the faction of the person who dies from now on you will only hear an episodic telling of the story of the anthropomorphic pencil who was granted the ability to speak by a schizophrenic fairy when he realised that instead of making sarcastic comments to do everyone down, he should say nice things and make people feel good, and it return for the gift of speech, the pencil gives the fairy tips on military strategy that he picked up while training in the Swedish military. Perhaps not. Maybe the CF will just give opposite results. In a moment of incongruous out-of-characterness, you realise you will have to wait for Minamod to come and clarify exactly what has happened to the CF. All you know is, it's gone crazy somehow. And you're down another player. And things are getting weirder by the day. Better keep going eh?

It is Day Square.

Some players remain, but they haven't voted yet.

Sorry, but WTF does this whole scene mean? :dunno:

That kill makes no sense. Bolton claims to have superpowers, Fossoway is probably the MV and Ashford has been holding up the night. But the FM decide to kill Estermont.

You sure it's Ashford? I haven't been checking the times, but this is of interest.

I thought the reason for claiming superpowers last night was rather obvious --maybe too obvious-- it's the same reason I wasn't about to rule myself out as being the mystery voter.

Anyway, to state it explicitly: I'm completely lost and I don't want to be responsible for the innocent's downfall. I was hoping to get night killed.

That said, I wasn't exactly lying about the superpowers thing.

Bolton, it's lynch or loose. What's up with your poison?

Yesterday Targ told me that I was feeling weak and needed to sleep.

This morning, RL time I was told I was a vampire. It's why I started my post with 'Vaaaa'. Vy Vas Vacttualy voing to valk vike vis just to make it super obvious what was going on, then thought I'd be better off leaving my claim ambiguous.

Anyway, my 'role' is about as useful as Targ's gold system. In other words, while there's rules, it's all a complete joke in the end :P

Actually given the fact my power's completely useless, this also makes me wonder about what other powers are out there. Like maybe the mystery vote was given to a FM, it was just only useful for a day.

Anyway, how about it? Do we have any role claimants? I think we'd be better served by a mass reveal today than people staying in the dark hoping to be of use.

Frey, Reed and Fossoway have been around when you made that claim. If one of them was an FM, he probably would have changed the kill.

Right now I'm concerned about Frey and Fossoway. Both were here during the night, and both decided not to comment anything what happened yesterday, both did not even comment the CF result. Which is strange, because both could not know that they would survive the night. So why not say at least something?

ETA: clarification

I am not the mystery voter, nor did I hold up the night.

The Connie lynch is just weird. We really need to plan ahead and make sure our votes are in place if the timing of night is going to be a problem again (and it might be a little one, night for Euros and Eastern Americans)

I don't like the Estermont kill either, but I don't know what it means.

Bolton, the vampire role is very unusual. The vampire game was a cult game and the vamps were bad guys. In that case it was just a name for cult, there weren't any powers with it.

Bolton, the vampire role is very unusual. The vampire game was a cult game and the vamps were bad guys. In that case it was just a name for cult, there weren't any powers with it.

Again, it was a joke by the mods. 'Vampire' is not a role in this game.

That is unless you think I can successfully convert 3 players this game with the requirement that I target them two nights in a row in order to recruit another member :P

I also suppose it could be a cleaver guise for an actual role that I just haven't been informed about but that definitely does approach evil mod territory there.

Again, it was a joke by the mods. 'Vampire' is not a role in this game.

That is unless you think I can successfully convert 3 players this game with the requirement that I target them two nights in a row in order to recruit another member :P

I also suppose it could be a cleaver guise for an actual role that I just haven't been informed about but that definitely does approach evil mod territory there.

I think the mods are evil, and having a bit of fun at our expense.

Who, me? Evil? Never.

All right. As a result of whatever there is in the Vanillaville drinking water, something strange has happened to you all.

As a result, from this point onward (this did not affect the night scene, but will come into effect now), roles and the CF are now insane. Any player with a role will be PM'd to be informed of how the insanity changes his power.

Just an example of what a role insanity would imply:

A finder will give opposite results.

A healer will become a vigilante.

The CF will give opposite results.

If a player is revealed after the lynch to be a vanilla mod, he is an evil mod.

If a player is revealed as an evil mod, he is a vanilla mod.

Estermont spent a bit of time do rereads last night. He was kind of meh on Bolton, a little better on me (but still felt my CF would be useful) and came out feeling worse about Fossoway.

Fossoway -

Conclusion

This is kind of surprising, but I think Fossoway looks pretty bad on a re-read. I've had a good impression of him throughout the game, I guess due to his friendly nature. But now that I've read through all of his posts, I see him as non-confrontational and non-committal. And in a way that is even more suspicious than somebody like Frey. Frey is kind of blatant about his wishy washy opinions. Fossoway is much more subtle about it.

I get the felling he was so-so on Reed, but I need to find where I saw that.

I can't see the kill being related to his late night cases, unless it was Fossoway getting scared, but that's a whole bottle of wine.

Who, me? Evil? Never.

All right. As a result of whatever there is in the Vanillaville drinking water, something strange has happened to you all.

As a result, from this point onward (this did not affect the night scene, but will come into effect now), roles and the CF are now insane. Any player with a role will be PM'd to be informed of how the insanity changes his power.

Just an example of what a role insanity would imply:

A finder will give opposite results.

A healer will become a vigilante.

The CF will give opposite results.

If a player is revealed after the lynch to be a vanilla mod, he is an evil mod.

If a player is revealed as an evil mod, he is a vanilla mod.

And if I'm roleless I get a role?

And if I'm clueless I get a clue?

And if I'm glueless I get some glue?

Do the FM shoot themselves?

Do the FM have boot shelves?

I'm here. Had a bussy day.

I'm really sorry I was not arround at lynch time. I'm not sure I trust mystry voters. I would reconmend everyone not to rush in with votes today. If the Mystry vote has been given to the FM then all it would take is one wrong vote and they could pile up. That said it does seem unbalanced for the FM to have this role.

Bolton I need to check something. When did you first claim to be poisoned or something? was it after you lynch mob fell away from you? I will go and have a look. Because I can't see a FM claiming like that if he was under no real pressure and your actions durring the night fit with trying to draw the kill. But I can see a FM claiming a role to save himself from a lynch.

Clegane, House Guest has lots of juicy Brains.

Archived