Ser Duncan's progeny

Which Tyler

But he's so honorable!

And he loves the Dornish puppeteer, doesn't he?

On the other hand, how old is he, about 18... so maybe he really wasn't all that unconscious after all...

He is honourable, yes, but he is also very.....lusty. ;)

And he has feelings for both Tanselle (the Dornish puppeteer) AND Lady Rohanne (The Red Widow). In TMK, he tried to put her out of his mind but thought of her anyway, and wondered if she and Ser Eustace ever thought about him.

He is honourable, yes, but he is also very.....lusty. ;)

And he has feelings for both Tanselle (the Dornish puppeteer) AND Lady Rohanne (The Red Widow). In TMK, he tried to put her out of his mind but thought of her anyway, and wondered if she and Ser Eustace ever thought about him.

You're right.

Maybe they thought about him

whenever they looked at their firstborn

:devil:

• 11 months later...

Sure you're not confusing them with the Redwyne twins, Horas and Hobber? They're meant to be ginger, but I don't think Left and Right's colouring is mentioned. (Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.)

FROM THE WIKI:

Erryk is a guardsman for Olenna Redwyne. He is seven feet tall, with broad shoulders and a narrow waist. Well muscled he has a strong jaw, blue eyes and a thick red mustached. He is the twin to Arryk and when they are together, are practically indistinguishable.
The source cited is Storm of Swords, Chapter 6 if you want to look it up.

"The Hedge Knight" reportedly begins 89 years before AGoT begins. Dunk is a sixteen year old at the beginning of the book, (at Ser Arlen's passing). If alive he would have been 105, which puts him at least 4 generations removed from our beloved characters. Somebody's Great Great Grandfather at least.

Brienne's father's Great Grandfather perhaps.

Charlie Chaplin was born 124 years ago, and he has a 26 year old granddaughter running around that we're well acquainted with.

If Dunk's offspring was male, all bets are off timeline-wise.

• 3 weeks later...

Fireball made his wife join the silent sisters when he thought he was going to get a spot in the kingsguard. I don't see why Dunk being in the KG precludes the possibility of him having married before joining. I severely doubt he would have sent his wife off, but she may have died... I think it's entirely possible that he had some non-bastard children, and that Egg might have granted them some land and titles somewhere. Why not on Tarth? And once a kid of his is a noble on Tarth it's easy to imagine some circumstance where they end up marrying into the Lord's family. Perhaps to a younger child whose older brothers die, and unexpectedly becomes the heir.

I also like the ideas about Drink and Duck. Even their names are similar to Dunk.

So I'm going with:

Hodor

Brienne

Ser Duckfield

Ser Gerris Drinkwater

• 2 weeks later...

And if Brienne is one, we have 4. Remember that she has a father, and it's alive, so that's how we'd have the four.

Her father is a Tarth which means his father was a Tarth. Although it's possible it's her paternal grandmother who is related, it's most likely that her mother is a descendent of Duncan statistically speaking.

• 2 months later...

Poor Dunk would be turning in his grave if Gregor Clegane was a descendant of his! Brienne and Hodor, I can cope with.

Good point Caz, but we are not our ancestors, as the thousands of Genghis Khan descendants could tell you. After all in the books and grrm universe, Aerion Brightflame is Daeron the Good's grandson, what an opposite huh? Sometimes our worst enemies in life can be of our own blood, just goes to show you that will and character makes the difference.

Small Paul - referred to by Chett as "thick as a castle wall" in ASoS prologue

Brienne - asked by Jamie if she is "thick as a castle wall" in the bath house at Harrenhall (Jamie V, ASoS)

Hodor - Bran in ADwD sees "A slender girl on her toes kissing a knight as tall as Hodor" possibly Old Nan and Dunk.

Grenn - Pyp teased Grenn about being thick as a castle wall (Samwell II, ASoS)

I cant wait for the next Dunk and Egg, I'm expecting young nan to be jaw dropping. The whole shield thing and the fact she's not a knight yet one of the only true knights in the series convinces Brienne's one. Left and Right! forgot all about those two, the way the queen of thorns talks about them cracked me up.

Sorry, I don't get this shield thing. I remember Brienne got her shield painted with new arms, but I can't recall which they were. An elm tree and a shooting star?

It pisses me off when I don't know what this is all about... So thank you for all the possible answers, in advance.

Sorry, I don't get this shield thing. I remember Brienne got her shield painted with new arms, but I can't recall which they were. An elm tree and a shooting star?

It pisses me off when I don't know what this is all about... So thank you for all the possible answers, in advance.

In Dunk and Egg, Dunk has a shield created based on a tree he sleeps under with a falling star above the tree. Later Brienne, in AFFC, using the bat shield, realizes she needs to have it repainted. During her search for Sansa, she drop it off for repainting and recalls a shield she saw in her father's armory. She has the woman paint the shield as a copy of the one her father had. After it's done, it's a tree with a shooting star above so the assumption is that the shield she remembered at her father's armory is Dunk's. Meaning Dunk was on Tarth.

ETA: AFFC, not ADWD

Hound: No real knight

Brienne: No real knight

Brienne = Hound with teats

Hmmm....interestering. Ser Duncan was probably never knighted himself, but was more a knight than the majority ni his time. The same can be said for Brienne and depending on your perception The Hound as well.

After rereading the last Jaime chapter in Dance, I've come to the conclusion that one of the mystery offspring of Dunk is Hos the Hostage. I think Hoster Blackwood; the child given as hostage with the surrender of Blackwood, is a likely candidate. He's described as quite tall and bookish. What really gives it away is the time spent discussing Pennytree in the same chapter. Brienne's descent is traced by Dunk's old shield in her father's hall; in the same way George has Jaime think about Pennytree a lot in this chapter, so that we have Dunk on our minds. That's how George hides little clues sometimes.

Reread that chapter and you'll get the vibe.

Hound: No real knight

Brienne: No real knight

Brienne = Hound with teats

Dunk: not a "real" knight

Hodor: being warged by Bran who, now that he is crippled, can never be a "real" knight.

I'm agreeing with Rapsie and Sand Flower.

Still not sure why everyone is obsessed with there being exactly 4 though. Where doesn't it mention 4?

I'm a little hazy on that myself. In the SSMs GRRM states he left an obvious clue to Dunk's descendant and they don't get any more obvious than the shield at Evenfall and Jamie asking if she's thick as a castle wall.

Archived