Stuff That's Confirmed/Hinted at in aWoIaF App

I've been chatting with Butterbumps about the aWoIaF app and how it's hard to tell what stuff in the app is actually confirmed and what stuff is still being teased and/or based on mysteries that haven't been solved yet. I'm putting it in General because some of what it says has implications for the books.

I thought it might be helpful, since I doubt anyone's going to sift through every single article, to curate some of the items that seem to be confirmed in the app.

To start ...

1. Rickon Stark is, in fact, on Skagos.

2. Robb legitimized Jon and named him his heir in the will.

3. The Tyrells poisoned Joffrey.

And a few other curiosities ...

1. Aegon is referred to with caveats of "it seems that ..." and "it appears that ...".

2. Ramsay is named as the letter-writer, but "he claims" is used, leaving an opening for the letter being a lie. As for Mance, the wording is, "Ramsay tells Jon he captured Mance," not, "Ramsay captured Mance."

3. Castle Black is listed as Jon's place of death.

Anyone else see anything that caught your attention?

Oh boy.

It looks like a resurrection is going to happen!

Yeah I don't know. That's one where it's hard to tell if it's a confirmation or a lead-on. That's why it's under "Curiosities" and not "Confirmations." It's tricky.

ETA: Also, speaking of Skagos, "they're said to be" cannibals. Read: Not really cannibals. B)

ETA: Also, speaking of Skagos, "they're said to be" cannibals. Read: Not really cannibals. B)

Aw, man, I was kind of looking forward to Lord of the Cannibals Rickon.

1. Aegon is referred to with caveats of "it seems that ..." and "it appears that ...".

Very interesting.

wait, so its confirmed ramsay wrote the letter?

or that its claimed that he wrote the letter?

The app treats it as a "given" that Ramsay wrote the letter. Where it gets fuzzy is when it comes to whether what the letter said was TRUE.

I hope you were riding the bus and not driving....

I ride the bus and take the Metro. No driving. ;)

Here's the quote about Robb's will:

Along the way, he concludes that he must make sure Winterfell has an heir should anything happen to him, and over Catelyn's objections legitimizes Jon Snow and names him his heir. He signs the decree before witnesses, then sends Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont to carry the word north.

So not only does it confirm the will, it also confirms that Glover and Mormont know what's in it (and they haven't reappeared yet). I'd say that this is probably the biggest confimation I've seen, as opposed to other stuff you could figure out on your own (like Rickon being on Skagos).

I've been chatting with Butterbumps about the aWoIaF app and how it's hard to tell what stuff in the app is actually confirmed and what stuff is still being teased and/or based on mysteries that haven't been solved yet. I'm putting it in General because some of what it says has implications for the books.

I thought it might be helpful, since I doubt anyone's going to sift through every single article, to curate some of the items that seem to be confirmed in the app.

To start ...

1. Rickon Stark is, in fact, on Skagos.

2. Robb legitimized Jon and named him his heir in the will.

3. The Tyrells poisoned Joffrey.

And a few other curiosities ...

2. Ramsay is named as the letter-writer, but "he claims" is used, leaving an opening for the letter being a lie. As for Mance, the wording is, "Ramsay tells Jon he captured Mance," not, "Ramsay captured Mance."

3. Castle Black is listed as Jon's place of death.

Anyone else see anything that caught your attention?

I still am doubtful about the will, unless GRRM has said that the will was properly witnessed, recorded, and is held by someone who is still alive and unlikely to tamper with it. The will could have been in Greatjon's saddlebags for all we know, in which case the Freys either chucked it into the river or Walder used it to line his chamberpot or kept it intact as a souvenir. There's also a chance that Robb included a proviso recognizing Sansa's rights of inheritance if she was widowed or her marriage to Tyrion annulled, without children. Of course, if Rickon and/or Bran come back, all bets are off.

So Jon Snow actually died? Perhaps it was only for a minute or two and Melisandre used CPR or something and is a really good nurse and he's recovering. I hope that GRRM is not going to give us UnJon.

I still am doubtful about the will, unless GRRM has said that the will was properly witnessed, recorded, and is held by someone who is still alive and unlikely to tamper with it. The will could have been in Greatjon's saddlebags for all we know, in which case the Freys either chucked it into the river or Walder used it to line his chamberpot or kept it intact as a souvenir. There's also a chance that Robb included a proviso recognizing Sansa's rights of inheritance if she was widowed or her marriage to Tyrion annulled, without children. Of course, if Rickon and/or Bran come back, all bets are off.

As the quote with the will information suggests, Galbart and Maege know what was in the will and there were other witnesses.

So Jon Snow actually died? Perhaps it was only for a minute or two and Melisandre used CPR or something and is a really good nurse and he's recovering. I hope that GRRM is not going to give us UnJon.

This one I'm still unsure of. Hard to tell whether it's a confirmation or a lead-on, or what.

Archived