Court of Law, v3: Jaime Lannister

Top12Gun

<Starts sneaking through the walls of the black cells in disguise>

[bex sends in Wendy to sniff out Jaime Lannister by scent. In her mouth she holds a bone she needs to bury...a strong bone carved to match the key to Jaime's cell. No one notices the small dog sniffing about. Bex waits in the passages beneath the Red Keep with a boat to sail under the gates. Hopes Wendy returns soon with Jaime following her.]

5) Here's the account, in Eddard's chapters:

Your brother has been taken at my command, to answer for his crimes,” Ned Stark said...

Jaime pushed his wet hair back with his fingers and wheeled his horse around. When he was beyond the line of swordsmen, he glanced back at his captain. “Tregar, see that no harm comes to Lord Stark.”

“As you say, m’lord.”

“Still … we wouldn’t want him to leave here entirely unchastened, so”—through the night and the rain, he glimpsed the white of Jaime’s smile—“kill his men.”

No!” Ned Stark screamed, clawing for his sword. Jaime was already cantering off down the street as he heard Wyl shout. Men closed from both sides. Ned rode one down, cutting at phantoms in red cloaks who gave way before him. Jory Cassel put his heels into his mount and charged. A steel-shod hoof caught a Lannister guardsman in the face with a sickening crunch. A second man reeled away and for an instant Jory was free. Wyl cursed as they pulled him off his dying horse, swords slashing in the rain. Ned galloped to him, bringing his longsword down on Tregar’s helm. The jolt of impact made him grit his teeth. Tregar stumbled to his knees, his lion crest sheared in half, blood running down his face. Heward was hacking at the hands that had seized his bridle when a spear caught him in the belly. Suddenly Jory was back among them, a red rain flying from his sword. “No!” Ned shouted. “Jory, away!” Ned’s horse slipped under him and came crashing down in the mud. There was a moment of blinding pain and the taste of blood in his mouth.

King Robert on the aftermath:

“Abductions on the kingsroad and drunken slaughter in my streets,” the king said. “I will not have it, Ned.”

“Catelyn had good reason for taking the Imp—”

“I said, I will not have it! To hell with her reasons. You will command her to release the dwarf at once, and you will make your peace with Jaime.”...

“Her Grace will have no liking for anything I have to say,” Ned replied. “I am told the Kingslayer has fled the city. Give me leave to bring him back to justice.”

The king swirled the wine in his cup, brooding. He took a swallow. “No,” he said. “I want no more of this. Jaime slew three of your men, and you five of his. Now it ends.”

• 2 weeks later...

Ser Jamie Lannister, Lord Commander of the Kings Guard, Warden of the East, alias 'The Kingslayer' on this day Monday December 31st Judges of this court find you:

Guilty on count 1-Incest with your sister the Queen Cersei Lannister.

Guilty on count 2-Treason against the realm.

Not Guilty on count 3-Aiding and Abetting rape.

Not Guilty on count 4-Regicide against the lawful king.

Guilty on count 5-Assaulting the hand of the king.

Guilty on count 6-Sundry Oathbreaking.

Guilty on count 7-Attempted murder.

Ser Jamie this court hereby sentence you stripped of all honorary titles, issue you a monetary penalty of 200,000 gold dragons, and sentence you put to death by sword. May the gods old and new have mercy on your soul.

Vote Tally

Count 1- 28 guilty, 8 not guilty, 12 dismissal

Count 2- 37 guilty, 4 not guilty, 3 dismissal

Count 3- 7 guilty, 33 not guilty, 8 dismissal

Count 4- 16 guilty, 22 not guilty, 6 dismissal

Count 5- 22 guilty, 17 not guilty, 6 dismissal

Count 6- 29 guilty, 9 not guilty, 8 dismissal

Count 7- 44 guilty, 2 not guilty, 0 dismissal

The court is now adjourned, next case on the docket will be presented within the next day.

I guess I forgot to vote, I only find him guilty of count 7.

But the tally shows Not Guilty on count 5 (23-22).

Not to mention:

Ned wasn't the King's Hand at the time.

Jaime wasn't even there when it happened.

Before he left, he told his men not to touch Ned.

The King said forget about it.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the 3rd installation of the “Official court of law” for this board. In this thread we will debate and pass judgement on character crimes from the work ASOIAF. As judges we bear a burden of upholding the integrity of our court so being impartial is imperative, keep all arguments in a legal context that suit the standards of this court. All posters are welcomed to make their case, at the end of your argument pass your judgement and sentence!!!!

The rules: Every poster has one vote (per charge) of guilt or innocence.

**For a guilty verdict, your options are:

• Send them to the wall. (same as prison sentence)
  • Death by sword. (Clean and quick)
  • Death by flames. (An ode to R’hllor)
  • Death by flaying. (oh boy)
  • Monetary fine
  • Exile and/or
  • Stripped of land/title.
  • Prison sentence

**If you find the character innocent, simply state innocent after your argument.

As for as evidence that can be submitted, posters can submit any argument they deem relevant. However we cannot use any pardons or prior convictions as evidence in the matter. Our court will not recognize the judgement of any other court or ruling body.

**You can also vote for charges to be dismissed (majority rule).

**At the end of the week the vote will be counted and the final sentence carried out. Majority rules. Only the nominated character will be discussed, however, you can indict characters you also find culpable, as part of your ruling, and they can be added to the docket.

**Votes can be changed before they are counted, but do so in your original post.

Posters can just cast a vote, which is your right, but try to state a case as well. Your opinion actually matters and it may serve to change the vote of another judge.

*Do not take it personally if your favorite character is being torn to pieces. Everyone is fair game.

http://asoiaf.wester...r/#entry3893576

http://asoiaf.wester...ol-2robb-stark/

This court now brings to the docket, the following charges against Ser Jaime Lannister:

1. Incest

Ser Jaime Lannister maintained a sexual relationship with his sister Cersei Lannister for 21 years. The products of this relationship are Joffrey, Myrcella & Tommen "Baratheon".

2. Treason, by sexual relations with the Queen

In the commission of Charge 1, Ser Jaime Lannister also committed treason, by sleeping with the Queen during her husband's reign.

3. Aiding and Abetting Rape

During his service in the Kingsguard during the reign of Aerys II, Ser Jaime Lannister witnessed and failed to prevent multiple instances of Rape perpetrated by King Aerys II on Queen Rhaella.

4. Regicide

During Robert's Rebellion, Ser Jaime Lannister of the Kingsguard attacked and slew the King he was sworn to defend and protect.

5. Assaulting the Hand of the King

Ser Jaime Lannister mustered men, and attacked the Hand of the King and his company in the streets of King's Landing

6. Sundry Oathbreaking

In his acts detailed in the previous two charges, Ser Jaime broke the vows he swore as a member of the Kingsguard, to defend the the King with his life. He also ignored this oath in fathering three children in incest with his sister, Cersei Lannister.

7. Attempted Murder

While visiting Winterfell, Ser Jaime was observed by 10 year old Bran Stark in the act of sexual relations with his sister Cersei, the Queen. Upon realizing this, he pushed the boy from the tower in which they were observed. Ser Jaime has confessed to this charge:

"I seldom fling children from towers to improve their health. Yes, I meant for him to die." ~Ser Jaime Lannister, ACOK, Chapter 55.

Counselors, present your agruments.

1. Innocent. Incest is technically only a crime to godly men, and it is not a crime to not believe.

2,3,4,5,6,7 all death by the sword, though I might suggest to the court he suffer death by hanging

1. Innocent. Incest is technically only a crime to godly men, and it is not a crime to not believe.

2,3,4,5,6,7 all death by the sword, though I might suggest to the court he suffer death by hanging

Case is closed, mate, and the defendant's been sentenced. No reason to bump this.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Incest

Ser Jaime Lannister maintained a sexual relationship with his sister Cersei Lannister for 21 years. The products of this relationship are Joffrey, Myrcella & Tommen "Baratheon".

Guilty

In the commission of Charge 1, Ser Jaime Lannister also committed treason, by sleeping with the Queen during her husband's reign.

Guilty

During his service in the Kingsguard during the reign of Aerys II, Ser Jaime Lannister witnessed and failed to prevent multiple instances of Rape perpetrated by King Aerys II on Queen Rhaella.

Dismissed. I dont hold him repsonsible for this. It was a difficult decision, but he had to side with his father.

4. Regicide

During Robert's Rebellion, Ser Jaime Lannister of the Kingsguard attacked and slew the King he was sworn to defend and protect.

Dismissed. King he served, no longer fit to rule.

Ser Jaime Lannister mustered men, and attacked the Hand of the King and his company in the streets of King's Landing

Dismissed. Lord Eddar had resigned from his post at this time.

6. Sundry Oathbreaking

In his acts detailed in the previous two charges, Ser Jaime broke the vows he swore as a member of the Kingsguard, to defend the the King with his life. He also ignored this oath in fathering three children in incest with his sister, Cersei Lannister.

Guilty

7. Attempted Murder

While visiting Winterfell, Ser Jaime was observed by 10 year old Bran Stark in the act of sexual relations with his sister Cersei, the Queen. Upon realizing this, he pushed the boy from the tower in which they were observed. Ser Jaime has confessed to this charge:

"I seldom fling children from towers to improve their health. Yes, I meant for him to die." ~Ser Jaime Lannister, ACOK, Chapter 55.

Guilty

Verdict: Guilty of charges 1,2,6,7. Charges 3,4,5 are dismissed. Monetary fine and sent to the wall.

1. Incest

4. Regicide

6. Sundry Oathbreaking

7. Attempted Murder

Counselors, present your agruments.

1. guilty

2. guilty

3. not guilty

4. guilty

5. guilty

6. guilty

7. guiilty

his crimes are deserving of death, but due to mitigating factors his sentence is commuted to taking the black

• 1 month later...

1) not guilty or we'd also need to try Aegon VI who is planning on marrying his aunt

2)guilty but he does not claim to be their father only their sire.

3) not guilty- Jaime wanted to stop it

4) Guilty- stripped of Kingsguard cloak and banished from court

5) Not guilty- Jaime gave the orders to attack, just as Ned gave the order of Tyrion's kidnap

6) not guilty- their would be no members of the kingsguard left and Prince Aemon the Dragonknight would be just as guilty in this case.

7) Guilty- he has admitted this guilt openly to the family of the victim and in the circumstances the victims family did not persue a course of justice therefore the defendant is aquitted

Archived