Varys & Illyrio: What's their real aim /gameplan ?

lentrix

If you believe that Aegon is a fake and In fact they are not 'all for' the Targaryen restoration. Then what is their plan ??? Especially are Varys always says ''what I do is for the realm".... seems to me that they are there just to cause kaos .....

I don't think that they share the same goal.

I think that Illyrio is a Blackfyre loyalist and his wife was a Blackfyre descendant;

I think that Varys will be the hardest nut to crack. I'm sure he's convinced Illyrio that he's in the same boat, but he has an ulterior motive.

I think I believe Varys to be a magic-hater, but I'm not even sure of that.

I think that Varys intentionally was causing Chaos in the realm in order to destabilize it to make an invasion easier. If they are thinking long-term, than a little chaos is acceptable if it means putting a Targ back on the throne.

I'm not really sure it matters that Aegon is a Targ or a Blackfyre. A name is just a name, but it's the blood that counts.

**Crackpot**

Varys is actually Aegons father, he just pretends to be a eunuch.

Aim/propose - put his son on the Iron Throne.

That's not too far from the standard Aegon Blackfyre-Mopatis theory, which assumes that Aegon is the son of Illyrio and the nephew (through Varys' sister and Illyrio's second wife) of Varys.

Illyrio is the Blackfyre descended along the female line. Varys is his agent and Aegon is his son by a bed slave from Lys, an illigitimate descendant of Aerion Brightflame. Illyrio sent Varys to KL to prepare the way for his heir. The GC wasn't enough to conquer the 7K so Illyrio arranged to have Drogo mary Dany for his support. Viserys and Dany would have given legitimacy to Aegon.

Illyrio and Varys' loyalty lies with Doran Martell. Varys probably negotiated the marriage between Rhaegar and Elia. Varys snuck Aegon out of Kings Landing before the sack because of his Martell Blood. Varys was much more secretive about Aegons location, over that of Dany and Viserys, probably because of Martell Blood. Varys told Aerys not to open up the gates for Tywin to save himself, and Elia and her daughter because of Martell blood. Varys was not expecting a pardon from King Robert. Varys probably told Doran about Cerseis plot to kill Trystane since we don't know who did. Also it clears up loose ends like why Varys told Kevan that Aegon is alive and meant to rule, and then Arianne Martell going to see Aegon in the WOW preview chapter.

Archived