What music do you listen while reading

The Black Hawk

What music do you guys listen to while reading I basically listen to metal and country.

Metal- Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Breaking Benjamin, Korn, Slayer, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Motograter, Three Days Grace, WoodKid, Bioharzard,Pantera, Metalicca, DragonForce,

Country- Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Toby Keith, Brantly Gilbert

Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Easton Corbin, Darius Rucker, Carrie Underwood, Florida Georgia Line

Rap- My main man THE NORTIOUS B.IG

I don't listen to any music while I read. If I do then I start singing along with the words in my head and then I skim the words and don't take them in properly and then I have to read the page or paragraph again.

I like reading in silence with the TV off and no music, sorry.

I'm a musician myself, but I actually don't usually listen to music while reading in general. However, if I were to listen to anything while reading ASOIAF, it would definitely be ES Posthumus or something like that. That type of atmosphere goes along with the descriptions particularly of the Northern landscapes.

Johnny Cash is the only musician worthy of being heard while reading ASOIAF.

Best answer ever.

I don't listen to any music while I read. If I do then I start singing along with the words in my head and then I skim the words and don't take them in properly and then I have to read the page or paragraph again.

I like reading in silence with the TV off and no music, sorry.

This is me. I want complete silence while reading.

I usually listen to something random, and only change if it realy does'nt fit with the book. On re-reads I sometime work a song to go with the general mood of the part I am re-reading, like today for example I listened to Jen Titus - Oh Death while re-reading a part of A Ghost In Winterfell:

Then he heard the horn.

A long low moan, it seemed to hang above the battlements, lingering in the black air, soaking

deep into the bones of every man who heard it. All along the castle walls, sentries turned toward the

sound, their hands tightening around the shafts of their spears. In the ruined halls and keeps of

Winterfell, lords hushed other lords, horses nickered, and sleepers stirred in their dark corners. No

sooner had the sound of the warhorn died away than a drum began to beat: BOOM doom BOOM doom

BOOM doom. And a name passed from the lips of each man to the next, written in small white puffs of

breath. Stannis, they whispered, Stannis is here, Stannis is come, Stannis, Stannis, Stannis.

And naturally I work songs in the books to a performance of them that I like.

i do this quit a lot really but only on rereads

so here they are

some classical : mozart (Lacrimoza) Bach (Taccota) and requiems by schubert and some other little known guys

a lot of rock and some metal : 3 doors down, 3 days grace,blind guardian,metalica,breaking benjamin and many more little known bands (also a lot of old rock like cash (god's gonna cut you down is my favorite)

annie lennox

florence +machine

and i'm into old french stuff (1930-1960)

and if any body knows there are some really good people on you tube here are two really good ones

Malukah

Karliene reynolds

:crying:

Archived