Small questions v.10015

Angalin

Or there might be a population south of the wall, though small

I doubt it. Someone would have seen them and no one has seen a direwolf for hundres of years. Benjen mentions that he sometimes hears them howling north of the wall. That direwolf came from North of the wall. Walking around the Wall makes some sense but I find it hard to believe that no one had seen it.

My question is: was Joffery violent towards Tommen? Was there more? Do we perhaps see a Aeron-Euron rusty hinge 2.0 with this? Or does it simply mean Joffery's cruelty extended to his siblings too?

Yes Joff was abusing him. Many think that it was sexual, but there isn't any proof either way. There are threads about it. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/71086-sexual-abuse-in-asoiaf-contains-spoilers/page__hl__%2Btommen+%2Babused+%2Bjoff

How did the direwolf that Robb and Jon found go south of the Wall?

Not a small question. Many theories, but couldn't find one using the search.

The Prince That Was Promised - Who promised him/her? I checked the wiki and it seems like it is unclear. I fear (hope?) GRRM will do something genie-like with this concept and make people very careful about what they wish for. Could the "promise" be something ominus?

We don't know. many many theories, lots of threads.

In aFfC, after running from the Sept of Baelor because of Lord Tywin's decomposing state, Tommen is told b his uncle Jamie that there are many horrors in the world, and one way of dealing with them is to 'go away inside.' Tommen then states he used to do that when Joffy...

But is interrupted by Cersei and her sharp rebuke for calling him Joffy and shaming her.

My question is: was Joffery violent towards Tommen? Was there more? Do we perhaps see a Aeron-Euron rusty hinge 2.0 with this? Or does it simply mean Joffery's cruelty extended to his siblings too?

Well I think some kind of aerion-egg thing, without the gilding part, also all the cruel things he did and tommen had to watch...

How did the direwolf that Robb and Jon found go south of the Wall?

Maybe it was born there, a normal wolf gave birth to the chosen one, or more likely around the bridge of skulls

The Prince That Was Promised - Who promised him/her? I checked the wiki and it seems like it is unclear. I fear (hope?) GRRM will do something genie-like with this concept and make people very careful about what they wish for. Could the "promise" be something ominus?

You are being to literal, that is all I am gonna say...

Who brought the common tongue to Westeros?

The andals, you know there is a wiki...

Is there a program for PC that lets me use colours and bolding etc. so i can do an OP on it and c & p into thread maker?

Microsoft word?

Do we know why exactly Euron has an eyepatch and for how long he has been like that? In one of his chapters Vic remembers him without it and comments on his black eye.

Well maybe he just does not like that eye and hides it, also because its easier to manipulate with that smiling eye of his...

How long ago did the Doom of Valyria occur?

around 100 years before aegons landing, so 400 years

Maybe it was born there, a normal wolf gave birth to the chosen one, or more likely around the bridge of skulls

Fairly sure it doesn't work like that. The Direwolf is (was, in our world) a distinct species of wolf. As for how it got past the wall, I'd guess probably through the gorge by the shadow tower. As for why it went south of the wall, probably because it was warged by Bloodraven.

Fairly sure it doesn't work like that. The Direwolf is (was, in our world) a distinct species of wolf. As for how it got past the wall, I'd guess probably through the gorge by the shadow tower. As for why it went south of the wall, probably because it was warged by Bloodraven.

The mother is actually present when the Stark children find them

That was crackpot, I totally agree with you...

Has it been established who has the swords that Theon/Reek noticed are missing from the Winterfell crypt? It was on my mind last night and I was trying to remember if Mance and the 6 spearwives were supposed to have taken them or are they still just missing.

I think Bran and party took them when they were hiding down there in ACoK. Hodor still has that blade. Though it has not been mentioned hpw many blades are missing, so maybe blades have been removed from there more than once.

I think Bran and party took them when they were hiding down there in ACoK. Hodor still has that blade. Though it has not been mentioned hpw many blades are missing, so maybe blades have been removed from there more than once.

Thank you! I forgot about Bran & Co. Keep thinking though there might be more missing or maybe a sword with some significance for it to be mentioned in Reek's POV chapter.

Archived