Was Sansa disinherited?

Maud

When Robb legitimized Jon Snow as his heir to the north, then Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon were all disenfranchised because, well, Jon isn't even a full stark.

But the reason Robb did it is because, at that time, she was married to Tyrion, and there was no way he was gonna let a Lannister inherit winterfell.

When Robb legitimized Jon Snow as his heir to the north, then Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon were all disenfranchised because, well, Jon isn't even a full stark.

But the reason Robb did it is because, at that time, she was married to Tyrion, and there was no way he was gonna let a Lannister inherit winterfell.

None of them are full Starks... thankfully. Ned was not into that kind of thing. ;)

Does Robb have the power to do that? And why isn't LF bothered by it?

Lord Baelish doesn't need Sansa to have her inheritance if his grooming plan is to enjoy the intimate pleasures of Catelyn's daughter.

Robb certainly has the power to do so. A Lord can declare his own heir and disinherit if he chooses to do so, just like Tywin would have done with Tyrion if he had lived to write it down.

But who knows about robb's letter so far? There may be someone who has the letter but how would LF know about it? I think when the letter shows up it will be a shock for LF and for Sansa as well who might be in serious danger since she has become useless for Baelish at that moment. Only that little complication for LF's ambitions will even be topped since in the end Rickon will show up, he is in the story for exactly that purpose, to be the heir to Winterfell. I guess that Jon and Bran have a different destiny and would even step back for Rickon.

Lord Baelish doesn't need Sansa to have her inheritance if his grooming plan is to enjoy the intimate pleasures of Catelyn's daughter.

Ok, this may save Sansa's life

None of them are full Starks... thankfully. Ned was not into that kind of thing. ;)

lolol well okay point taken, but you know what i meant >.> Jon is from another line of Starks, so wouldn't even be in the succession unless Benjen, Bran, Rickon, Sansa, Arya, Robb, and Eddard all died

There is no royal registry, no firm rules...if Sansa had enough backing from those who saw strategic advantage in her rule, she could inherit Winterfell. Lots of variables, no hard and fast rules, that's what makes the books work so well. Anyone can rule...if the chips fall their way.

Certainly, based on lineage, Sansa would be acceptable to those in the North who think the Dornish/English rule of succession makes sense (eldest child, regardless of gender), especially those who consider a bastard ineligible (which, given the history of the Blackfrye Rebellion, might be a common sentiment in some traditionalist and/or war-averse circles).

Short answer: no.

Short answer: by law yes. If for example Sansa had a child by whomever this child would be heir to house Lannister until Tyrion declares this child illegitimate. If he chooses not to do so or is not able to for being AWOL or dead the child is of House Lannister forever. An asset when it comes to inherit Casterly Rock and a curse for inheriting Winterfell.

Short answer: by law yes. If for example Sansa had a child by whomever this child would be heir to house Lannister until Tyrion declares this child illegitimate. If he chooses not to do so or is not able to the child is of House Lannister. An asset when it comes to inherit Casterly Rock and a curse for inheriting Winterfell.

But she would still be Sansa Stark, in the same way that Cat is still Catelyn Tully

But she would still be Sansa Stark, in the same way that Cat is still Catelyn Tully

yeeees, if she chooses to call herself so. I am the wife of my husband and yet carry my own name. Many women of nobility called themselves by her own titles in medieval ages. Like Catelyn Stark of House Tully so would Sansa be Sansa Lannister of House Stark or Sansa Stark the Lady Lannister.

I prefer my nom de naissance as well.

Short answer: by law yes. If for example Sansa had a child by whomever this child would be heir to house Lannister until Tyrion declares this child illegitimate. If he chooses not to do so or is not able to for being AWOL or dead the child is of House Lannister forever. An asset when it comes to inherit Casterly Rock and a curse for inheriting Winterfell.

We're not talking about the children that she's not going to have with Tyrion. We're talking about Sansa.

Sansa is not a Lannister and, using your example, she cannot inherit Casterly Rock even if she wanted to. But she is a Stark, and she can inherit Winterfell.

Even if we just stick to the law: Cersei is not a Baratheon. Nobody calls her a Baratheon. She cannot inherit the throne. But she could inherit Casterly Rock, if Tyrion is disinherited (Jaime has already given up his claim), just like her children can.

So, short answer: no. Sansa is not a Lannister. She is a Stark, and she'll always be a Stark, whoever she may marry later.

We're not talking about the children that she's not going to have with Tyrion. We're talking about Sansa.

Sansa is not a Lannister and, using your example, she cannot inherit Casterly Rock even if she wanted to. But she is a Stark, and she can inherit Winterfell.

Even if we just stick to the law: Cersei is not a Baratheon. Nobody calls her a Baratheon. She cannot inherit the throne. But she could inherit Casterly Rock, if Tyrion is disinherited (Jaime has already given up his claim), just like her children can.

So, short answer: no. She is not a Lannister. She is a Stark, and she'll always be a Stark, whoever she may marry later.

I was not talking about a potential child with Tyrion but about ANY child by Sansa. Until the legal husband declares a child illegitimate it is legitimate however unlikely a conception within the marriage may be. The legal husband is the father by law until he refuses to be, in medieval times the Church saw to this. How Sansa calls herself is totally pointless, it is the inheritance laws that count in the power game of Houses. So a sideline Lannister child by Sansa that is no Lannister could be a real challenge to the story. Just like the Baratheon kids that are not Baratheon cause some turmoil. How do you prove a child illegitimate if the father by law himself cannot or does not want to do so? No way!

So, short answer: no. Sansa is not a Lannister. She is a Stark, and she'll always be a Stark, whoever she may marry later.

Yes, I will never forget my own name no matter how much married I may be. No woman should ever forget where she comes from for the sake of a husband.

I was not talking about a potential child with Tyrion but about ANY child by Sansa. Until the legal husband declares a child illegitimate it is legitimate however unlikely a conception within the marraige may be. The legal husband is the father by law until he refuses to be, in medieval times the Church saw to this. How Sansa calls herself is totally pointless, it is the inheritance laws that count to the power game of Houses. So a sideline Lannister child by Sansa that is no Lannister could be a real challenge to the story. Just like the Baratheon kids that are not Baratheon cause some turmoil. How do you prove a child illegitimate if the father by law himself cannot or does not want to do so? No way!

But we're not talking about any children that Sansa may have. We're talking about Sansa herself. Her children would have the claim to Winterfell through her and the claim to whatever else they get from their official father. She has the claim to Winterfell (and to Riverrun, for that matter, but after a few other people who are still alive).

And we don't know if 1) she will have any children, and 2) if she will have any children before annulling her marriage to Tyrion.

Archived