How will you read the Next Book (WoW)?

dadgad

I will read it without coming to this site at all before I finish, nor will I look at any reviews or any social media or forums, or YouTube, or anything until I finish.

This will be a spoiler free book for me.

This and B. Every moment of my free time will be devoted to TWOW when it releases, but I will still have other responsibilities and it will likely take me a good two weeks to finish the book.

I just hope I actually get to read tWOW.

I plan on B, but it may turn into A. Especially if the beginning of the book is so good with the Battle for WF, Siege of Meereen, and revelation of what happened to Jon Snow.

I will definitely avoid this site, and the internet in general till I finish, so nothing is spoiled.

First of all, I'll read it without any visits to the forums or other spoilery places.

I'll probably read it like all the books I cherish: first gulping it down through sleepless nights, gluttoning away and throwing myself into its worlds. Then, after sprinting through about 95% of the book, I'll realise the end is near and I'll try not to reach the end. I'll read like one page a day and dread the day there won't be any left.

I'll read like one page a day and dread the day there won't be any left.

If the Internet didn't exist, or was better behaved regarding spoilers, maybe I'd try to do something like that too, but from page one. Maybe not a page a day, but a chapter a week or something. But I know I'd get spoiled unless I chose to disconnect completely, and that's just not feasible. Well I could quit my job, but that seems a tad excessive in order to enjoy a book at a slower pace.

If the Internet didn't exist, or was better behaved regarding spoilers, maybe I'd try to do something like that too, but from page one. Maybe not a page a day, but a chapter a week or something. But I know I'd get spoiled unless I chose to disconnect completely, and that's just not feasible. Well I could quit my job, but that seems a tad excessive in order to enjoy a book at a slower pace.

I'm quite lucky in that aspect because most of the people I know aren't really into ASOIAF or they only watch the HBO series, so avoiding spoilers won't be too difficult. So I only need to avoid these forums and couple of other places in the internet.

I'm quite lucky in that aspect because most of the people I know aren't really into ASOIAF or they only watch the HBO series, so avoiding spoilers won't be too difficult. So I only need to avoid these forums and couple of other places in the internet.

For the most part, that's true for me too. Part of the blessing/curse that my friends are less into books than I am.

But then somebody will share a post on Facebook with a picture of show-Stannis going "this guy dies in book 6!" even though the show hasn't gotten anywhere near there yet.

I'll try E, but I fear if my friends don't keep up, I won't be able to discuss it with them unless I wait... and I won't be able to wait so I'll become A. At least until I only have 100 pages to read, and then I will slow down as much as I can not to finish it.

The day WoW comes out I will quit the internet and not go back on until I'm done reading.

I'm not going to marathon it or anything like that but I will read it every day for at least an hour or two. I'd be very tempted to read it pov by pov as i find that 10,000 times more enjoyable than reading it as a big ole' character jumble, but for the first reading of a new book? I would be too worried about stumbling on spoilers.

Archived