Sansa loosing her wolf poosible forshadowing?

lulu_pix

“She lost her wolf,” he said, weakly, remembering the day when four of his father’s guardsmen had returned from the south with Lady’s bones. Summer and Grey Wind and Shaggydog had begun to howl before they crossed the drawbridge, in voices drawn and desolate. Beneath the shadow of the First Keep was an ancient lichyard, its headstones spotted with pale lichen, where the old Kings of Winter had laid their faithful servants. It was there they buried Lady, while her brothers stalked between the graves like restless shadows.

What do people think about Sansa loosing her wolf?

At first I thought it was symbol to signify that Sansa is more Tully than stark, but after my reread i cant help but think its a possible forshadowing of future events, could it possibly mean that sansa will not make it to the end? or does it just mean that she threw away her stark identity?

Edit: excuse the spelling Im a bit stoned.

Well it could have been foreshadowing her forced marriage to Tyrion that made her a Lannister rather than a Stark-and indeed if she ever marries again, she'd be trading in her Wolf for another sigil.

Yea thats what i thought at first, her loosing lady= loosing stark identity, but as the series progresses the Dire Wolves all play more important roles and form closer bonds with the remaning Stark's, even Arya and Nymeria are connected through dreams.

But we all know Rob lost his wolf and his life with it, and we know that Rob chaining his wolf during the RW was a mistake.

I cant help but feel that this will come back and bite Sansa in the ass one day.

How can you say you think it is foreshadowing but not know WHAT it is foreshadowing? Do you have any ideas? What do you think it is foreshadowing for?

Do you mean symbolism? Her losing her direwolf can be symbolism for losing her Stark identity...

For example, I think Sansa being refered to as "Littlebird" could mean that she ends up skin-changing into a little bird. Or maybe that is irony? But either way I am predicting something.

I guess based on the title of the post I thought there would be some event that you thought was going to happen. Maybe I just got to excited.

Yea thats what i thought at first, her loosing lady= loosing stark identity, but as the series progresses the Dire Wolves all play more important roles and form closer bonds with the remaning Stark's, even Arya and Nymeria are connected through dreams.

But we all know Rob lost his wolf and his life with it, and we know that Rob chaining his wolf during the RW was a mistake.

I cant help but feel that this will come back and bite Sansa in the ass one day.

In a way it already has. She's been captive to the Lannister's and now to LF. She's never been in control of her own fate through out the story.

For example, I think Sansa being refered to as "Littlebird" could mean that she ends up skin-changing into a little bird. Or maybe that is irony? But either way I am predicting something.

I've thought that as well, especially since there was so much bird imagery in the Eyrie. Sansa's losing Lady, might mean that while she won't warg a wolf the way her siblings do, she might end up warging another species of creature entirely.

Or it could be a sign that ultimately her destiny lies not in the North, but in the South.

In a way it already has. She's been captive to the Lannister's and now to LF. She's never been in control of her own fate through out the story.

She has also been really lucky in suriving rape, death etc... I dont think GRRM is done teaching her a lesson yet, all her siblings have gone through worse and still have thier wolf.

How can you say you think it is foreshadowing but not know WHAT it is foreshadowing? Do you have any ideas? What do you think it is foreshadowing for?

Do you mean symbolism? Her losing her direwolf can be symbolism for losing her Stark identity...

I guess based on the title of the post I thought there would be some event that you thought was going to happen. Maybe I just got to excited.

Im asking people what they think.

Sansa should get more credit. She lost Lady (and may lose her entire dream of being a "Lady"). Yes, I think she will skinchange a bird, THAT has been foreshadowed forever.

Sansa may not have a wolf at her disposal, but she does have two dogs in proximity to her story. The old crippled dog at the Aerie and a certain Hound. I doubt either are coincidences.

Sansa is just as much a Stark as her siblings. Yawn at people saying she is not of the North, Not a true Stark etc. Lady had to die and Nymeria had to be lost or vice versa because no way could they girls have taken their wolves south. GRRM couldn't not give them wolves as the whole point in them is saying ALL stark kids are Wargs.

Arya obviously will have a future with Nymeria, at some point the story needs her to be alive, Sansa has a future warging another animal and so Lady was dispensed with in order to move the plot along. In order to allow us to read Ned reminiscing on Lyanna Pleading, As a device to show Joffrey as the knob head he was, a devise to show Arya's increasing feral nature. Sansa's staunch desire to fulfil her ladies duties and do as she should in contrast to it. So many reasons Lady died. Non of them mean Sansa is not The Blood of Winterfell.

It seems like her lying to the King about everything that happened in with Joffrey and Arya and the butchers boy seperated her from her family and put Sansa on a path to isolation from the rest of the Starks. Because of this, she also lost her Wolf. Lady being sentenced to death was a more tangible way for us as readers to see that she would be separate from her other Stark siblings. If Sansa would end up becoming a major player in the end game it would come in a different way than for the other Stark / Snow children.

Robb likely benefited militarily from Grey Wind (we may never know this but there is evidence on all sorts of threads)

Arya is having wolf dreams about Nymeria - all sorts of theories on how Nymeria will play a role in the end game and Arya's control slash involvement.

Bran - don't even need to go into his skin changing

Jon - might be living a 2nd life in Ghost right now, either way he has been having wolf dreams

For Sansa, she has needed or will need to develop other skills to advance herself and her family's cause. It appears that she is doing just that in the Eryie; learning from the master. It appears that her dream of marrying a King or Prince is totally gone. However, these skills she has developed may end up bringing her exactly to those things she had dreamed of as a child.

My guess is the loss of Lady was a very unfortunate event, but essential to Sansa's overall development. My prediction, is that she will develop a set of skills she would likely have not developed with lady at her side, and then end up skin-changing into birds at some point and this will be a syboloc revival of her becoming Stark once more.

Sorry to be a dick lulu-pix, hope that is something good you have, I quit a month ago and it sux, lol.

When you warg into a wolf on a regular basis you experience a wolf's instincts, a wolf's desires and the culture of the pack. That's good in that wolves have many noble qualities. But political subtlety is lost on them. You protect your friends and tear your enemies' throats out. As a political family, there has to be at least one Stark that can think like LF. That's why Lady had to die.

Sansa is just as much a Stark as her siblings. Yawn at people saying she is not of the North, Not a true Stark etc. Lady had to die and Nymeria had to be lost or vice versa because no way could they girls have taken their wolves south. GRRM couldn't not give them wolves as the whole point in them is saying ALL stark kids are Wargs.

Arya obviously will have a future with Nymeria, at some point the story needs her to be alive, Sansa has a future warging another animal and so Lady was dispensed with in order to move the plot along. In order to allow us to read Ned reminiscing on Lyanna Pleading, As a device to show Joffrey as the knob head he was, a devise to show Arya's increasing feral nature. Sansa's staunch desire to fulfil her ladies duties and do as she should in contrast to it. So many reasons Lady died. Non of them mean Sansa is not The Blood of Winterfell.

Of course she is a Stark, but she hardly has any Stark traits, if any at all. From her appearance to her passive nature and manner of being, none of it yells out "Stark" to me. She's just the one who happened to inherit more Tully than Stark. Rickon is also said to have taken more on his mother, but he is very young and for the most part is just sheltered so it hasn't been as obvious as it is with Sansa.

Of course she is a Stark, but she hardly has any Stark traits, if any at all. From her appearance to her passive nature and manner of being, none of it yells out "Stark" to me. She's just the one who happened to inherit more Tully than Stark. Rickon is also said to have taken more on his mother, but he is very young and for the most part is just sheltered so it hasn't been as obvious as it is with Sansa.

Sansa is not one of my favorites, but I have to say that this sentiment isn't fair to her character. She's been through a hell none of her siblings have, and survived under the microscope of Cersei and Joffrey and now LF. None of the other kids had to go through that sort of scrutiny, surrounded by the enemy every freakin minute of every freakin day.

It seems like her lying to the King about everything that happened in with Joffrey and Arya and the butchers boy seperated her from her family and put Sansa on a path to isolation from the rest of the Starks. Because of this, she also lost her Wolf. Lady being sentenced to death was a more tangible way for us as readers to see that she would be separate from her other Stark siblings. If Sansa would end up becoming a major player in the end game it would come in a different way than for the other Stark / Snow children.

Robb likely benefited militarily from Grey Wind (we may never know this but there is evidence on all sorts of threads)

Arya is having wolf dreams about Nymeria - all sorts of theories on how Nymeria will play a role in the end game and Arya's control slash involvement.

Bran - don't even need to go into his skin changing

Jon - might be living a 2nd life in Ghost right now, either way he has been having wolf dreams

For Sansa, she has needed or will need to develop other skills to advance herself and her family's cause. It appears that she is doing just that in the Eryie; learning from the master. It appears that her dream of marrying a King or Prince is totally gone. However, these skills she has developed may end up bringing her exactly to those things she had dreamed of as a child.

My guess is the loss of Lady was a very unfortunate event, but essential to Sansa's overall development. My prediction, is that she will develop a set of skills she would likely have not developed with lady at her side, and then end up skin-changing into birds at some point and this will be a syboloc revival of her becoming Stark once more.

Sorry to be a dick lulu-pix, hope that is something good you have, I quit a month ago and it sux, lol.

It makes alot of sense, but all of the starks were pretty much isolated after Ned's death, Rob marches south, Arya never reunites with Robb or Cat, Bran and Rickon stay together for awhile but not long. That is why I dont think the death of Lady was simply to get her plot moving, i think it could mean somthing much deeper and dark.

I dont understand why people think that she would warg in to a bird, yes thiers alot of bird imagrey but she is the only stark so far that hasnt had any wargish dreams/abilities. I think the bird imagrey means something like a pretty bird trapped trapped in a cage, or soemthing along those lines.

And yes its really good stuff as its taking me forever to reply to a post lol, Im sorry you going through that lol I know how that feels, i quit for about 8 months and it sucked.

This is not the first time I've seen Sansa accused of not having "Stark traits". But what exactly are "Stark traits"? Don't fall into the trap of assuming all Starks are/were like Ned. Rickard supposedly had "southron ambitions" and was likely more politically savvy than Ned (who was never meant to be heir of Winterfell, and would likely have been married off to a Southron lady himself, possibly from the Vale, and, depending on the status of his bride, actually spent most of his life in the South with his wife's family).

As for Rickon, his wildness is actually quite like I imagine his uncle Brandon was when he was the same age; I think that without the war, Rickon might have turned into a "wild wolf" with a similar personality as Brandon's, though the difference in birth order and Cat's influence might have kept him from being as arrogant and entitled; I doubt Cat would approve of Rickon wandering the North deflowering highborn maidens the way Brandon did.

I don't disagree that Sansa losing Lady certainly served as foreshadowing to her being cut off from the North and being trapped in KL and then the Vale. However, if Sansa losing Lady cut her off from Winterfell forever, what's she doing building that snow castle? Sansa's story hasn't finished up yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if she does make her way back home eventually. At this point, she's actually closer to home than Arya, Bran, or Rickon.

Well, here come the Sansa fans, banners raised and flying . . .

Sansa is much more like Ned than Catelyn. Both Sansa and Ned believe that honor and courtly custom will protect them. Both Ned and Sansa put their trust in others who betray them. They both are very loyal to their friends and care for those who are less fortunate (contrast Ned's treatment of his bannermen with Sansa's treatment of her social inferiors, like Dontos and Shae).

Sansa losing her wolf, if anything, foreshadows Sansa losing her father--a wolf being killed at the order of a Lannister.

I'm not the world's biggest Sansa fan, but I can't stand it when people say she's not a Stark. She's just like her father.

First of all, Sansa didn't "lose" her wolf. Lady was taken from her. Big difference.

Secondly:

This is demonstrably incorrect. Re-consider the number of times Sansa draws strength from the memory of her family (specifically Robb and Ned) and from Winterfell; how often she longs for home. She doesn't rely on her Tully heritage for anything like that.

Even her "passive nature" is arguable. She wasn't passive when she ran to Cersei. She was hardly passive in arranging her escape from Kings Landing, she wasn't passive when she was forcibly wed to Tyrion (it was a small and ultimately ineffective protest, but it was there nonetheless).

Her "nature" is not passive at all. Her circumstances have required a passive acquiesence from her, but that a very different thing than passivity being her nature.

Archived