[TV/BOOK SPOILERS] Fanbase change on most popular character.

So I've been a book fan for no more than two years, and I've often wondered how the fanbase's most popular character has shifted over the years.

For example I might be wrong, but in the show it appears to go like this:

After season 1 ended: Ned Stark

After season 2 ended: Tyrion Lannister

After season 3 ended: Daenerys Targaryen

PS. Who do you think is going to be the most popular character after season 4?

To my mind talking about THE 'most popular character' is a bit out in the left field. Especially in the ASoIaF fanbase there is so much diversity going on that it's a bit overconfident and presumptuous.

Generally speaking, after season 4 entirely played out, the character popularity tendencies of the tv viewers are probably going like this:

- Jon: popularity will increase strongly

- Jaime: steadily growing

- Tyrion: steadily growing (until exile)

- Stannis: growing

- Oberyn: will probably get a large fanbase

- Bran: slightly growing

- Littlefinger: slightly growing

- Sansa: slightly growing

- Marg: slightly growing

- Theon: slightly growing again

- Briene: consistent (?), maybe slightly growing

- Varys: consistent

- Arya: consistent (?)

- The Hound: consistent (?)

- Ygritte: consistent (?), maybe slightly decreasing

- Jorah: consistent (?), maybe slightly decreasing

- Dany: begins to decrease slightly

- Tywin: decreasing

- Cersei: decreasing more than ever

- Shae: depends...

Action-wise, season 4 will generally be a Jon Snow season. Drama-wise, overall Tyrion.

ETA:

- Davos: ?

- Melisandre: ?

I don't agree that Dany has ever been the most popular. They seem to be pushing her as the face of the show, but most show watchers I've spoken to think her storyline has been crap for the last two seasons

In my experience in season 3 Tyrion was the most popular although everyone seemed to think Tywin was brilliant as well.

I don't agree that Dany has ever been the most popular. They seem to be pushing her as the face of the show, but most show watchers I've spoken to think her storyline has been crap for the last two seasons

In my experience in season 3 Tyrion was the most popular although everyone seemed to think Tywin was brilliant as well.

Well for one on the Game of Thrones facebook page the images with Daenerys have the most likes.

When it comes to the TV-Show I think that Khaleesi is the favourite of most since episode one.

Oh, wait. She is called Daenerys, isn't she?

No, seriously. The problem with the show is imho, that the characters are more black and white than in the books, where they are rather grey. I know many people that watch the show, but haven't read the books. And almost everytime I mention that I love Stannis and really hate Dany, I get the funniest reactions.

My expectations are, that the fanbases of the Hound, Brienne and Jaime will grow. And I desperatly hope, that the fanbases of Arya and Dany will finally decrease.

Why do you think they are doing this? My guess is that their marketing department, who are paid to know these things are telling them that she is quite popular among the tv viewing audience.

Stannis : " the fanbase is mine by rights ! all those who deny it are my enemies ."

seriously tho , this season must be Stannis' , how can you beat " Stannis ! Stannis ! STANNIS ! " utterly as usual , they've destroyed his character and made him Mil's "yes-man" .

D&D actually hate Stannis , they've practically said it in an interview , they said he would make the worst king evah :lol:

Archived