Ser Arthur Dayne mention in Season 4 Episode 1

Thank god Ser Arthur Dayne was mentioned. He's an awesome enigmatic character in the books that we don't know about. I wish they had spent more time with him thought. Jaime has quite a history with this guy. He respect and admires the Sword of Morning.

It could have gone like.

"Led the attack on the Kingswood. Defeated the Smiling Knight in single combat." Joffrey.

"I know. I was there. Ser Arthur was the one who knighted me." Jaime.

Joffrey insults Ser Arthur, and Jaime almost bitchslaps him.

Tower Of Joy exposition is coming! Whatever happened there is pivotal to the end result so it is inevitable to show it on screen somehow. It would be interesting to see how they show it. We didn't have the dream in season 1 and they are not doing flashbacks. Any ideas on how they are going to do it?

I already said so in the promo thread of the next episodes: My bets are on a certain person that is quiet ahead in his own story and might serve as a tool to bring in some of the historical stuff, that was skipped so far in the Tv show, but will most likely be of big importance.

Joffrey is so freaking hopped up all the time I'm surprised he ever learned how to read. Seriously, the kid looks like he is on speed in every scene now, all jittery and jumpy.

Definitely need some Tyrion slapping pretty soon.

Tower Of Joy will be mentioned on the show very soon one can hope. There is no point in mentioning Arthur Dayne now and showing TOJ sequence two seasons later. Non-readers are not going to remember that long.

Not to mention the page to the left of Dayne's page was "Gerold Hightower"

All this, Oberyn's hint that Rhaegar left Elia for "another woman which caused a war" and Daario2.0 giving Dany a dusk rose.. Hmmmm..

Definitely a lot - and I mean a lot - of backstory/hint-dropping in the first episode of a new season.

I'll be surprised if we don't get

Barristan's "Rhaegar loved his lady Lyanna" line this season

Not to mention the page to the left of Dayne's page was "Gerold Hightower"

I noticed that too... It's Hightower's last page, and tells of his death at the hands of Ned and a "small force." So close! No direct mention of ToJ though.

Also caught specific mention of 'Dawn' on Dayne's page, which is a potentially positive sign for the Dawn=LB theory.

But, of course, all of these white book Easter eggs (Arthur, Dawn, Aerys sending Hightower to search for Rhaegar in Dorne) all need a little more follow up in the script to solidify them as important elements of the show plot.

Tower Of Joy exposition is coming!

That's exactly what I thought.

Did anyone pause the tv and try to read the book? I did :)

There are screencaps in another thread. It basically says he was son of some "Beric Dayne", a second son, he owned Dawn and mostly of his awesome stuff he did.

I already said so in the promo thread of the next episodes: My bets are on a certain person that is quiet ahead in his own story and might serve as a tool to bring in some of the historical stuff, that was skipped so far in the Tv show, but will most likely be of big importance.

That's the tricky part. There are no weirwoods near ToJ as far as we know (unless i missed something). So is there a chance that the Reeds will tell him anything about this?

Furthermore, will they go all the way during the ToJ exposition or will they show only the stuff readers already know, i.e. equivalent to Ned's dream?

So why didn't they show the dream in the season 1? It was the perfect timing and all. Did they at first decide not to include it at all and have now realised it was a mistake and will somehow try to incorporate it in the story? Or it won't happen at all. Unless Howland is gonna explain it in the 7th season, lol. :D

So why didn't they show the dream in the season 1? It was the perfect timing and all. Did they at first decide not to include it at all and have now realised it was a mistake and will somehow try to incorporate it in the story? Or it won't happen at all. Unless Howland is gonna explain it in the 7th season, lol. :D

This might have been the decision of the show runners because maybe books gave too much information away in that dream. That dream is the primary reason for the prevalent J = R + L theory among readers. So if J = R + L is expected to be a shocking twist on the show later on, ToJ sequence will have be far more subtle, done differently or skipped completely. In the current situation when J = R + L eventually be revealed, non-readers will be far more surprised/shocked than readers.

Archived