I really liked the way Sansa blossomed into Margery-style-Sansa as soon as she had nobles that supported her. Lord Royce had even been at Winterfell and The Vales nobles all said they hate Lannisters.

A quick adjustment of Aunty Lysa's clothes and some 'hide the Tully look' hairdye and she a new person.

Or closer to the person she would have been without being a victim.

Go Sansa!

Or closer to the person she would have been without being a victim.

Go Sansa!

I totally agree with you! Sansa has been a victim the whole time til now. She's powerful and she know what Littlefinger sees in her (like a lost love of a dead woman who was his mother) if you see what I mean. So she has some sort of power on him. And she doesn't have to obey to orders anymore.

I totally agree with you! Sansa has been a victim the whole time til now. She's powerful and she know what Littlefinger sees in her (like a lost love of a dead woman who was his mother) if you see what I mean. So she has some sort of power on him. And she doesn't have to obey to orders anymore.

I think you are over-estimating Sansa and under-estimating Baelish, he is probably one of the only guys who wouldn't let his feeling take over his plans. I think he tried to make Sansa trust and care for him, and in that he succeeded.

I agree with Ormurin. It would be an interesting change if Baelish was defeated by his feelings (kissing her was definitely not so smart) but from what we've seen so far that would be quite a change of character.

Sansa has been a victim the whole time til now.

No, not the whole time. Initially she was not Joffrey's victim, she wanted to be his queen. And she wanted it so badly that she sacrificed that boy at the river who hit Joffrey in a fight, instead of saving him by telling the truth. Sacrificed the Direwolf, still kept her mouth shut. In that I think we could already see that when she really wants something she can be reckless.

I agree with Ormurin. It would be an interesting change if Baelish was defeated by his feelings (kissing her was definitely not so smart) but from what we've seen so far that would be quite a change of character.

No, not the whole time. Initially she was not Joffrey's victim, she wanted to be his queen. And she wanted it so badly that she sacrificed that boy at the river who hit Joffrey in a fight, instead of saving him by telling the truth. Sacrificed the Direwolf, still kept her mouth shut. In that I think we could already see that when she really wants something she can be reckless.

I agree that Season 1 Sansa had shown fangs which Season 2&3 Sansa has pulled back, but she didn't sacrifice Mycah (who never hit Joffrey) nor she suspected her wolf would get killed.

but she didn't sacrifice Mycah (who never hit Joffrey) nor she suspected her wolf would get killed.

As far as I remember there was an inquiry on what had happened and Arya screamed against Joffrey that he is a liar and implored Sansa to tell the truth - but she didn't. So I do hold that she put Joffrey over truth. I would have to re-watch the episode to assess whether she could have known that Mycah was in danger or not. But even if she had not suspected that the wolf would be killed, at the latest when they announced it, she could have shouted: "Stop. I will tell you what really happened."

As far as I remember there was an inquiry on what had happened and Arya screamed against Joffrey that he is a liar and implored Sansa to tell the truth - but she didn't. So I do hold that she put Joffrey over truth. I would have to re-watch the episode to assess whether she could have known that Mycah was in danger or not. But even if she had not suspected that the wolf would be killed, at the latest when they announced it, she could have shouted: "Stop. I will tell you what really happened."

I don't remember the exact dialog either, so it may be that Sansa's lack of testimony was indeed putting Mycah's life in jeopardy now that you mention it. Her actual testimony, of course, had no bearing on his dead, but it's the intent we're considering.

You're right about the last part. It might be idiocy or a conscious decision.

Given the world GRRM depicts, Arya blurting that out could just as easily be seen as imprudent, rather than Sansa being cowardly - in fact, that could actually be seen as the kernel of Sansa being more of a player.

I have not read any books, so I am not sure how much I can assess the world. But from what I have watched I agree. Arya's behaviour was visibly imprudent, impolite in this surrounding; there would have certainly been an acceptable middle way. Sansa's silence as said I did not perceive as cowardice but calculation. (The readers probably know. ;))

He was neither "taunting his enemy" nor "gloating", nor was he "showboating" or anything like that. He showboated a bit at the beginning of the fight when he twirled his spear, but he pretty quickly got down to business, and defeated the Mountain quite handily.

The problem was that HE WANTED TO GET A CONFESSION FROM THE MOUNTAIN SO IT WOULD BE OUT IN THE OPEN THAT TYWIN ORDERED ELIA'S DEATH.

And he wanted that so bad, he was focussed on it so much, that he let his guard slip.

However, he did get a bit of what he wanted. While everyone "knew" that the Mountain killed Elia's children (who were potential Targaryen heirs at the time of the rebellion) and raped and murdered Elia, it was up to that point a rumour. (It happened during the sack of King's Landing, so chaos, so no-one really sure.)

Now it's confessed fact, out in the open; that's the horror and irony of the Mountain confessing it while he's popping Oberyn's melon. Not quite the connection between Tywin and the Mountain's act that Oberyn might have preferred, but at least some damage has been done to the Lannister name.

He taunted a lot - staying just out of arms reach, well until he didn't. We are left with suspicions that Tywin was behind the murders, raised by the Martells, ie right where we started. Gregor was a tool - as was Lorch in the books.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I watched the 8th episode there are 3 days. What say ? It's incredible ! I would not have thought that Oberyn would die !

The fight is very gore but is very well done. I hope just that Tyrion does not die after this fight

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

But beware, the board is large and full of spoilers.

Thank you for announcement but I pay attention when I read a thread :) So, that is for that I am here ([NO SPOILER])

(I'm sorry, i'm not american or english. I'm french and my learning this language is being. I am an apprentice ^^ )

Edited by MrToine

• 1 year later...

I've been re-watching the whole show from Season 1 to get ready for Season 6 and something that struck me as odd (and a wee bit annoying) regarding Episode 8 is that Braavos was shown in the opening credits while not having a single scene from there, and yet the Eyrie was left out despite having lots of scenes from there (and the Vale).

Trivial maybe, but these kind of things annoy me. Especially since the very point of the opening credits has been to show which locations we'll be visiting in each particular episode (with the exception of King's Landing, Winterfell, The Wall and whichever Essos location Daenerys is at currently, since they'll appear no matter what).

On 26.4.2016 at 9:46 PM, Rhovanion said:

I've been re-watching the whole show from Season 1 to get ready for Season 6 and something that struck me as odd (and a wee bit annoying) regarding Episode 8 is that Braavos was shown in the opening credits while not having a single scene from there, and yet the Eyrie was left out despite having lots of scenes from there (and the Vale).

Trivial maybe, but these kind of things annoy me. Especially since the very point of the opening credits has been to show which locations we'll be visiting in each particular episode (with the exception of King's Landing, Winterfell, The Wall and whichever Essos location Daenerys is at currently, since they'll appear no matter what).

I was a little annoyed with that as well on my last rewatch, especially since Braavos has only one scene the entire season, yet for the second half it's always in there.