Theon's dream proof Benjen still lives ?

the marsh king

I never thought he was dead, but yes, nicely done OP.

The George could never write him into that scene if he's going to appear later. So as far as I'm concerned it's proof positive!

I was just re-reading ACoK and the dream Theon has with the dead starks at the feast i noticed that Benjen was not there, could this be a hint that he is not dead.

Theon even see's Lyana at the feast and those two have never met and you would presume he met Benjen a few times yet he is not at this Feat of the dead.

I just thought this could be a hint that Benjen is alive somewhere possible Coldhands

Any thoughts ?

Nice catch.

It seems a good hint

Not really proof. Theon only sees Starks he knows are dead. Did Winterfell receive the news Benjen was missing before Robb and Theon went south? Even if they did Theon's subconscious would still not count him amongst the Stark dead.

Of course theon dream is not defenite proof. Its just a hint.

By the other hand, dreams in westeros have profhtic nature. In other words, dreams are related to magic.

Person in Theons dream may not be products of his subconcious, but the souls or whatever of the dead starks.

This post looks at the links between Theon, Jon and Dany's dreams/visions and it's a really interesting read.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/112729-a-feast-for-the-dead-a-snow-in-the-tombs-a-dream-in-dust/page-1

With regard to Benjen in particular, there's this:

Just occurred to me:

No one of these persons answered. Because it was a place for dead Starks. And people Jon called are either not dead (Bran, Rickon, Benjen) or not Starks (his real father, who is most probably Rhaegar Targaryen), so they were not there to answer.

Benjen is totally Daario guys :idea:

I know you are kidding, but I saw it earlier in the thread too. Just to dispel if anyone is taking it for possible.

My opinion is the Jorah would have noticed if Daario resembled his one-time liegelord's son/brother.

This is how new threads get started, when someone latches on to something like this :)

Of course theon dream is not defenite proof. Its just a hint.

By the other hand, dreams in westeros have profhtic nature. In other words, dreams are related to magic.

Person in Theons dream may not be products of his subconcious, but the souls or whatever of the dead starks.

Some of the people in the dream were not dead yet, so the souls part doesn't work. But good points overall.

I asked for a Benjen thread and one appeared! :lol:

Join us in the Forum Games section. We have a thread just for bumping until Benjen is returned to us. :D

benjen isnt daario for the last time.

i have a theory that it takes first men blood, to activate the "Other," in someone.

it goes hand in hand with why Craster was attempting to keep his bloodline as pure as possible.

Stark's have first men blood as well.

I would presume to myself, Benjen may have become an Other (NOT coldhands though)

Furthermore, it would also go hand in hand with theons dream not seeing benjen, because i dont think Others are dead/undead. they age (see craster's BABIES taken and growing into OTHERS, they AGE)

thus, he'd still be "alive" as an Other (i consider wights dead/undead, Others alive)

He can't be. I have an Ultra Crackpot theory that doesn't work if Benjen is Daario.

Benjen being Daario would make sense if Benjen knows about R+L = J he would want to get in her nice and good and build trust. Then boom he reveals himself at the right moment to be her nephews uncle coming to tell her the truth about her families dark history and long lost nephew. Daario (Benjen) could be the one to direct her and her dragons to the wall to fight the others and he is really the only one timeline wise if Daario is anybody other than Daario. Just playing devils advocate.

Archived