Theon's dream proof Benjen still lives ?

the marsh king

Good catch OP!

Not really proof. Theon only sees Starks he knows are dead. Did Winterfell receive the news Benjen was missing before Robb and Theon went south? Even if they did Theon's subconscious would still not count him amongst the Stark dead.

Theon saw Robb's death in a separate dream way before Robb died at the Red Wedding. So I don't see how this vision could be false.

Not really proof. Theon only sees Starks he knows are dead. Did Winterfell receive the news Benjen was missing before Robb and Theon went south? Even if they did Theon's subconscious would still not count him amongst the Stark dead.

Yes.

I believe Benjen is still alive out there, somewhere.

However I don't think he can be Coldhands, as Leaf tells Bran and Co that Coldhands died many hundreds of years ago - leading me to think he's the Night's King.

Not quite...

"They killed him long ago."

Bran II, Dance

I was just re-reading ACoK and the dream Theon has with the dead starks at the feast i noticed that Benjen was not there, could this be a hint that he is not dead.

Theon even see's Lyana at the feast and those two have never met and you would presume he met Benjen a few times yet he is not at this Feat of the dead.

I just thought this could be a hint that Benjen is alive somewhere possible Coldhands

Any thoughts ?

I think Benjen may be alive, but I also think he sees Lyanna and others because in his mind HE knows they're dead all anyone knows of Benjen is he is missing.

I was just re-reading ACoK and the dream Theon has with the dead starks at the feast i noticed that Benjen was not there, could this be a hint that he is not dead.

Theon even see's Lyana at the feast and those two have never met and you would presume he met Benjen a few times yet he is not at this Feat of the dead.

I just thought this could be a hint that Benjen is alive somewhere possible Coldhands

Any thoughts ?

Wow I really like it good catch OP :bowdown:

IMO

Benjen is alive but won't play a major role...we may find him late in the series...or Bran finds him through his visions. Maybe he is held up with another CotF.

Or Coldhands helped him too. He seems to want to help Starks.

Side Note - IMO I think Cold Hands is the Night's King...who will turn out to be a Brandon Stark.

Coldhands: "Your monster, Brandon Stark."

ETA: I have changed my theory on who CH is...and it has nothing to do with Benjen...and it is not a Stark.

Shameless plug :D

IMO

Benjen is alive but won't play a major role...we may find him late in the series...or Bran finds him through his visions. Maybe he is held up with another CotF.

Or Coldhands helped him too. He seems to want to help Starks.

Side Note - IMO I think Cold Hands is the Night's King...who will turn out to be a Brandon Stark.

Coldhands: "Your monster, Brandon Stark."

That line is Coldhands referring to The Last Greenseer, who Meera (or was it Bran) has called a monster.

Here's an idea.

Benjen swings by in the end to choke the life out of Cersei.

Archived