Did Dunk survive Summerhall and was Areys there ?

Flayer

Ok so i know this is most likely far fetched theory but i dunno. Ok so we know there was a fire at summerhall made from wildfire. Ok so who was a Summerhall that we know of

Egg

Dunk the lunk

Duncan the small

Rhaella
Rhaegar (well his birth)
Possibly Jenny of oldstones and her woods witch

and a bunch of members of the royal court

Possibly Areys

Ok so George has mentioned that Dunk does have descendent and a lot of people think is Brienne so that means he has to have been married or at lease have a child whether that happens b4 joining the Kingsguard or not thats for speculation i think it was before due to him being around 20 when dunk and egg happens and now eggs a old man so that would make Dunk a lot older.

As its said in the World of ice and fire says that Egg in his later years is fascinated with trying to revive dragons even sending Men to the furthest regions of the known world to try and retrieve any info on Dragons such as scrolls for old Valyria.

WOIAF also says that Duncan the Small married Jenny of Oldstones and she came to court with a woods witch who we see in Arya's chapter the quote goes "You are cruel to come to my hill cruel. I gorged on grief at Summerhall,I need none of yours." Alot of people also think shes a descendent from the Children of the Forrest that's why she's still alive come Arya's timeline. Assuming Jenny was related to the woods witch or at lease had strong emotions for her that quote would make sense. Rhaella was there about to give birth to Rhaegar so would that mean a young Areys being there to witness the birth because he didn't have a lot of duties as he wasn't a king or even prince of dragonstone yet or hand

Also in the Dunk and Egg tales there's a dream Daeron has of Dunk fighting a dragon and if the dragon falls on him in a room filled with fire and Daeron doesn't know if Dunk killed it . One might say thats Baelor at the end of the novella but Dunk never fought Baelor so i think that doesnt work.

And with the Blood magic we see with dany's dragons blood and fire and sacrifice must be made for it to work

So what i think happen

Egg had organised a party/celebration for the birth and with his knowledge gathered from the men that he sent away he had dragon eggs placed around wild fire (maybe wanting to give a dragon to Rhaegar) and Rhella went into labour so her and Areys where shuffled off to a birthing room far away from the party as the party continued something happen and Summerhall caught a light especially with the unstableness of Wildfire as said in Tyrions chapters killing most of the party in the fire included Duncan the small Jenny of Oldstone (who might have Children of the forrest Blood) and Egg which revived the dragon and Dunk fought the dragon and killed it while people where being evacuated. Now this is from WOIAF

"FROM THE HISTORY OF ARCHMAESTER GYLDAYN

… the blood of the dragon gathered in one … … seven eggs, to honor the seven gods, though the king’s own septon had warned … … pyromancers … … wild fire … … flames grew out of control … towering … burned so hot that … … died, but for the valor of the Lord Comman … "

Now im going to try to fill in the blanks with a underline and italic as my words

FROM THE HISTORY OF ARCHMAESTER GYLDAYN
Many of the blood of the dragon gathered in one place
and seven eggs, to honor the seven gods
, though the king’s own septon had warned The dangers the pyromancers with there wild fire as the flames grew out of control and towering High, burned so hot that all died, but for the valor of the Lord Comman …

Now by then we would all know that Dunk was extremely close to Egg and the grief that could have caused him knowing egg was dead might have swaded him to returning to Kings Landing and going back to the Kingsgaurd or maybe he thought newer younger fresher kingsguard where needed for Jaehaery's and with everyone thinking he's dead why not go to his family or become a Hedge knight again and that's how he ends up at Tarth.

Now its also said in WOIAF that people where reluctant to talk about what happen at Summerhall now if someone was to say Dragons which had been dead for at lease 60 yrs people would think there crazy and if Areys saw a dragon that could explain why Jaime thought if Areys burned Kings landing he would come back as a Dragon.

I know this is far fetched and i can't wait for the Novellas to show think but couldn't help trying to put the pieces together myself. :)

I think Dunk's younger years as being a tall, strong and handsome man who seemingly was also a nice man, probably had no trouble finding "dates" if you will. Men have needs and it seems as though he fulfilled them at least twice as Hodor and Brienne are undoubtably decendents. I have wondered about the Cleganes or Left and Right, Lady Oleana's guards.

I think Dunk's younger years as being a tall, strong and handsome man who seemingly was also a nice man, probably had no trouble finding "dates" if you will. Men have needs and it seems as though he fulfilled them at least twice as Hodor and Brienne are undoubtably decendents. I have wondered about the Cleganes or Left and Right, Lady Oleana's guards.

Hahaha never thought of Hodor as Dunk's kid/descendent but good pick up :p. Especially cos the next Novella is ment to be in Winterfell and wouldn't that make old nan a young lady at that point within the time line well i think at lease ??

The entire family was described as being there to celebrate incoming birth of Aerys's son, it would be strange if Aerys wasn't there. Dunk didn't survive given Hightower was mentioned as the new LC during the Wo9K.

yeah what do u think about a dragon being resurrected and Dunk Killing it before dieing

Resurrect? What would they be resurrecting, bones? They obviously didn't have a recently deceased dragon on hand.

It's much more likely they were trying to hatch dragon eggs.

Sorry i chose the wrong words i ment hatching dragon eggs but still what do u think about that

I don't think a newly hatched dragon could cause that amount of damage.

True, and I doubt Dunk would have killed it given how much he knew Egg wanted a dragon. The Targaryens would have now had a dragon, and Egg would be better able to enact his reforms and dealing with the Blackfyres.

True, and I doubt Dunk would have killed it given how much he knew Egg wanted a dragon. The Targaryens would have now had a dragon, and Egg would be better able to enact his reforms and dealing with the Blackfyres.

yes but what if the wildfire killed Egg meaning as the sacrifice (By accident or not) that was needed in the dream Dunk is in a room filled with Fire. But i was thinking today what about the stone dragon Mel talks about resurrecting what if the spell made a dragon bigger then a baby from the stone with the sacrafice of Egg and Duncan the Small

It could just be that the wildfire gets out of control and Dunk sacrifices himself to save the royals who survived

yes i think that's possible but i thought it was weird that Egg sent people all over the world for information on dragons and areys thinking that if he blew up Kings landing he would turn into a dragon, Plus Dunks dream and the whole concept of the blood magic needing sacrifice and the Stone dragons on Dragonstone they could also have Stone dragons at Summerhall we dunno. Only death can pay for life So what if a explosion happen of wildfire because of how unstable it is and Areys saw it and from the explosion rose Stone dragon. With egg's death and through some magic with all the dragon eggs there it created a dragon that started killing people. Dunk went in to kill it and he did and the dragon burnt up in the summerhall. Yes i know some might say Dragons don't burn but they did during the dance well im sure they did when the two dragons fought one another and wildfire is ment to be almost as hot as dragon breath. Like i said its a far fetched theory but i find it dotted a some of the past with the future if that makes sense well sort off We don't understand fully the old Valyrian Magic

I think that whatever exactly it was that caused the dragon eggs to hatch in MMD's magical tent ceremony, we're supposed to believe that it was a pretty much unique event, not foreseeable and not precedented. I don't think that would work very well if it then turns out that dragons hatch from blood sacrifices all the time.

I think that whatever exactly it was that caused the dragon eggs to hatch in MMD's magical tent ceremony, we're supposed to believe that it was a pretty much unique event, not foreseeable and not precedented. I don't think that would work very well if it then turns out that dragons hatch from blood sacrifices all the time.

The point i saw of MMD's tent was to show dany that only sacrafice can pay for life which was Dany's child for the like of Drogo which in the long run showed dany to use a life (MMD) and needing the blood of the dragon (dany) to resurrect the dragons

In the story wildfire burns even in water and nothing can quench it. I do not thing a dragon is needed to burn down Summerhall and it begs the question, where is the dragon corpse?

well if its wildfire wouldn't that burn the dragons corpse

Archived