Greyscale epidemic?

Isobel Harper

From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire.

Could this part of the Undying Prophecy not be a prediction about another "dragon" (whether a real one, or a house) but a prediction about an upcoming greyscale epidemic in Westeros?

We see in ADoD that Jon Connington has the beginnings of greyscale. Now, this part is more speculation, but perhaps this "great stone beast" is Aegon (fake or not)/Jon Connington/Aegon's Golden Company army and its "shadow fire" is greyscale.

Thoughts?

(Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere.)

-A great stone beast (beast, not dragon, id assume Jon Connington, a greyscaled griffin)

-From a smoking tower (at Griffin's Roost, he's about to fight Red Ronnet Connington for dominion over the tower there)

-Took wing (ascended to power)

-Breathing shadow fire (using Aegon Blackfyre, as his means to ascend).

-A great stone beast (beast, not dragon, id assume Jon Connington, a greyscaled griffin)

-From a smoking tower (at Griffin's Roost, he's about to fight Red Ronnet Connington for dominion over the tower there)

Bingo!

I agree that if it meant a dragon then it would say dragon not beast. Dany is seeing the image, and I think she would be able to identify a dragon. She probably doesn't recognize whatever is taking wing so she calls it a beast.

As for it being a reference to greyscale, that seems plausible, but one thing doesn't fit well with that theory. This vision is part of the slayer of lies sequence. What lie is Dany slaying about a greyscale epidemic? We already have the fake dragon/Targ pretender reference in the preceding vision so it would be a little redundant for this one to also reference Blackfyre.

I can't think of any other lies going on in Westeros that Dany needs to uncover though.

I agree that if it meant a dragon then it would say dragon not beast. Dany is seeing the image, and I think she would be able to identify a dragon. She probably doesn't recognize whatever is taking wing so she calls it a beast.

As for it being a reference to greyscale, that seems plausible, but one thing doesn't fit well with that theory. This vision is part of the slayer of lies sequence. What lie is Dany slaying about a greyscale epidemic? We already have the fake dragon/Targ pretender reference in the preceding vision so it would be a little redundant for this one to also reference Blackfyre.

I can't think of any other lies going on in Westeros that Dany needs to uncover though.

youre absolutely right, other than blackfyre, westeros is an upstanding moral society. :P

Well said.

Archived