The Complete Winds of Winter Resource

BryndenBFish

Can't help but wonder if that 'pretty soon' means relative to the books release (as in soon), the point after Dance's end or (my least favourite) George will write their scenes soon..

Perhaps they'll be visiting the citadel when the Greyjoys attack Oldtown, where Sam will meet them. Can't see them returning to KL with the recent invasions. Alternatively, maybe Willas will head to the Stormlands to meet Aegon.

Well info on Willas/Garlan isn't that new as he's said it more than a few times in recent years. So, it's possible he's written some about them already (likely from Samwell's POV). That being said, the "pretty soon" line seems more along the lines of Anne Groell's comment of "we hope to have it reasonably soon" back in May 2014.

The fan summary of Barristan 2 in the original link provided was very very long, is it a summary or was that actually written in the released chapter?

Also, I would rather read the whole chapter of Tyrion 1 and Barristan 2 rather than just the summaries. Is there a way I can? I'm having trouble finding them.
On the app, it says Tyrion 1 but I found out that this is the second Tyrion chapter (spoilers much?) I have the links for Victarion 1 and Arianne 2 (Arianne 1 is on the app), I just need Barristan 2 and Tyrion 1.

Cheers

Shawn Speakman, who works for Suvudu (Random House's website), has also said what we already knew: GRRM could hand the MS in in August and the book still scrape out in November. Again, not likely, but 2015 certainly has not been ruled out.

Shawn Speakman, who works for Suvudu (Random House's website), has also said what we already knew: GRRM could hand the MS in in August and the book still scrape out in November. Again, not likely, but 2015 certainly has not been ruled out.

Agree. I get mad when I see that article about the Winds of Winter definitely not coming out in 2015. All the article is saying is that it is currently not lined up for 2015, George could finish the book tomorrow again definitely unlikely, hand it in to his publishers get word back from them everything is good and we could have the book out in a couple months after that.

Agree. I get mad when I see that article about the Winds of Winter definitely not coming out in 2015.

Anyone who is getting mad at the articles should try to step back and accept that the interpretation given in these news reports is almost certainly correct. If there were any chance of a 2015 release, Jane Johnson would almost certainly have had some inkling of this. Keeping fans in the dark is one thing; keeping publishers in the dark is another.

Anyone who is getting mad at the articles should try to step back and accept that the interpretation given in these news reports is almost certainly correct. If there were any chance of a 2015 release, Jane Johnson would almost certainly have had some inkling of this. Keeping fans in the dark is one thing; keeping publishers in the dark is another.

But Johnson isn't saying that the book won't be published this year - she's just saying it's not on the schedule, which is not news to us in the slightest. As has been noted, the book could be finished six months from now and still be published this year. It's not particularly likely, of course, but it hasn't been officially ruled out.

I think we'll know if the book is coming this year when the show airs and GRRM is giving more frequent interviews. If there's no sign of optimism, then I'd guess that the book won't even be published before the next season airs.

The fan summary of Barristan 2 in the original link provided was very very long, is it a summary or was that actually written in the released chapter?

Also, I would rather read the whole chapter of Tyrion 1 and Barristan 2 rather than just the summaries. Is there a way I can? I'm having trouble finding them.

On the app, it says Tyrion 1 but I found out that this is the second Tyrion chapter (spoilers much?) I have the links for Victarion 1 and Arianne 2 (Arianne 1 is on the app), I just need Barristan 2 and Tyrion 1.

Cheers

As of now, both TWOW, Tyrion I, Barristan II, Arianne II & the complete Victarion chapter have not been released by GRRM. So, sorry to say that these chapters are unavailable at the moment. On twitter, I tried to convince Ran to see if GRRM would release the Victarion chapter in the next update to the TWOIAF app, but unfortunately, that's in Random House's hands.

Wow, that was an incredible compilation post!

And one thing I must add, though it isn't a clear indication of anything, but have you guys noticed that GRRM has been blogging a lot lately? And about stuff going on in his hometown. Therefore, he has been home at his computer (the only place he says he can write). So it is possible that he'd been making progress with the book, which was not the case when he was on a travel spree.

This still doesn't prove any progress or shed any light on how much progress has been made, but I do think from the tone of his last few comments on the subject, that it is likely that we won't hear anything until the much anticipated "It's done" announcement on his blog.... which will break the internet. :D

I am also heartened at learning that his publisher will drop everything and squeeze him into the publishing schedule fairly quickly after a book is finished.

I HAVE never heard of that happening for any other author. Granted, I'm a new author myself and my release dates have been between a year and 18 months after I turn it into my editor.

But still, the soonest -from submission to publication_ timeline I've ever heard of was six months. Even Stephen King seems to hold a steady and traditional one year gap.

So I am happy and excited to hear that the release will come quickly after he finishes. :D

I am also heartened at learning that his publisher will drop everything and squeeze him into the publishing schedule fairly quickly after a book is finished.

Whoah. Stop. The publisher did not say that. Yes, they did do it for ADWD, but I think that was probably a special case, related, I think, to the launch of the HBO series.

Found it: "When one of George’s manuscripts come in, I basically drop everything, and go into isolation for as long as I need to get it done. With ADWD, because of the six year gap, it took me about two weeks solid of ten-hour editing days. This is because I read the whole thing through at once (well, the about 1400 pages I had while we were still finessing the ending), checked to see how much I had forgotten from the last book which readers would need to be reminded of, then went back and read the previous four books, then book 5 again. Now that I have the app, no more rereading for me! So maybe I can cut back down to seven days or so. - See more at: http://universe.suvudu.com/q-and-a/anne-groell#sthash.YlkPwgZU.dpuf"

I never said anything about November. (Who brought up November anyway?) I'm well aware that there is no news about a release date or conclusive progress on finishing the book. I only said that he is at home so he could be writing and that his editors considers his books top priority so it is nice to know that it should be released fairly soon after it's written, unlike the 12-18 months that are common in the industry.

I never said anything about November. (Who brought up November anyway?) I'm well aware that there is no news about a release date or conclusive progress on finishing the book. I only said that he is at home so he could be writing and that his editors considers his books top priority so it is nice to know that it should be released fairly soon after it's written, unlike the 12-18 months that are common in the industry.

Sooner than 12 months post submission? Sure! I'll go for that! I still don't think it's what Anne was trying to say, but it's probably true nonetheless.

A pretty sweet gem I found while searching through some older stuff on TWOW. This one on Arya as reported at Worldcon 2012:

Arya will be in The Winds of Winter. GRRM has enough material about Arya's adventures in Braavos that he could write an entire novel about it. The audience cheered the idea, so GRRM jokingly proposed setting aside TWOW to work on it instead.

So, 3 years ago, GRRM had a lot of material already written on Arya apparently.

As of now, both TWOW, Tyrion I, Barristan II, Arianne II & the complete Victarion chapter have not been released by GRRM. So, sorry to say that these chapters are unavailable at the moment. On twitter, I tried to convince Ran to see if GRRM would release the Victarion chapter in the next update to the TWOIAF app, but unfortunately, that's in Random House's hands.

Thanks heaps for that!! :)

Archived