Newest trailer...GAH

SPOILER DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually the only other way to end S5 better than the JS stabbing....is ending with brienne bringin Jamie to lady stoneheart/BWB. thatd be so epic. dnt think it will happen...but that's the only thing thatd be better than the JS stabbing

Spoiler tag: [1spoiler] [1/spoiler] - use without 1

it works ;)

Thing is she looks uncomfortable...

Makes me wonder if they are giving a nod to the wedding night in the sense that Ramsay is using Reek in the same way....

As for CoTF, not overly dissapointed with the look because the literal translation will be too strange for TV viewers, but the show and the books has generally got a good mix with keeping the Fantasy to the edges. It may become a bit more pronounced towards the end but with this they got the mix wrong. Should have just given her some kind of Bow with exploding tips than Fireballs which was too much of a jump

Instead of Skeletons, could have had normal Wights and spent the money on Bloodraven looking as described in the books

Sansa in the crypts a definite nod to Barbrey Dustin. Makes me wonder if they are doing the Robb Wolfs Head statue idea and that's what should would be looking at. Boltons can't desecrate the crypts by smashing everything if they need the authority of the Starks on their side which was the point of fArya in the first place. Ramsay did go to the crypts in the books, which is when he presumably killed Big/Little Walder in a fit of rage when discovering the missing swords and that Bran etc had been there while they were out looking for them

I agree, just sheer....Well maybe not laziness, maybe they just don't care about Bran's story that much, but it really took the immersion out of that episode, it could have been done so right, and without that much special effects or money. They could have just had a few guys in f###ing rags with flesh hangin off of them, a big horde of them, and the COTF are meant to look mystical and mysterious, like fairies/ elves, not little white kids. They are meant to be ethereal, otherworldly beings living under mythical canopies, not a Sonic the hedgehog mage from Skyrim . And Jojen's death was also very silly, I would have preferred if he just died from the cold, or exhaustion. That would have balanced it out with a bit of realism. Anyway, this is neither the time nor the place for such a rant as this, what is done is done. I guess...

Personally don't think there is going to be a ramsay wedding

So... which wedding do you believe will be the third, as EW has confirmed 3 weddings this season?

1) Tommen/Margaery

2) Dany/Hizdahr

3) ???

jus watched the trailer again and when deanerys brings up Stark they only show sansa and arya and not jon? I know hes a bastard but still. maybe that's a hint towards the R+L+J! cuz if the producers really wantd to fuk with us they should included him in the Stark scene.

He's a Snow, so not a Stark in name. Also, he's in the Night's Watch, so his former allegiance does not count anymore (or at least should not).

has anyone noticed that all the episodes 6 of each season have been truly epic in there own way and sets up a lot of major shit. Season 1 episode 6:ned is wounded from his battle with jaime and made hand of the king again and Robert goes on a hunt. were introduced to asha after her wildwing friends attempt to rob bran. tyrion has his first trial by combat with bronn as his champion and viserys gets his crown from drogo. Season 2 episode 6:theon takes winterfell betrayin robb and killing Rodrick. we see tyrion slap the shit outta joffery after the mino riot and a septon torn to bits while sansa is be saved from a potential rape/muder by tha hound. danys dragons are stolen. jon goes off with the halfhand and were introduced to ygritte. season 3 episode 6:tryion tells sansa and shae about his and sansa marriage. Jon and ygritte climb the wall. little finger gives his EPIC 'The Climb' speech while tellin varys that hes found out that ros has been for spyin for varys while it shows the aftermath of joffrey usin her for target practice. Rob stark seals his fate by agreeing to the freys proposal about edmure marryin rosalin. roose betrays robb by granting Jaime hes freedom back to kings landing ensuring a Bolton/lannister alliance. season 4 episode 6:stannis gets a new backer for gold while weakening his enemies. were introduced to hizdahr zo loraq. yara attacks the dreadfort. reek is asked to play a role of himself to take moat Caitlin. tyrion has his trial and shae betrays him and tyrion demands a trial by combat. all these season 6 episodes are truly epic and can expect to deliver like episode 9 does each year.

SPOILER DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dnt think Jon will warg into ghost either. theres been no mention or even hint that he has that kinda connection with ghost in the show. I really think he will get stabbed and that will be the cliffhanger ending of season 5. did he die or didn't he! unless the creators show us a lil taste of TWOW sense they know how all the overall book series will end,theres no better way to end this season with jon bein stabbed and we dnt know if hes dead or not.

The showrunners don't have to show it before he's stabbed...we've seen that the warging ability wakes with trauma...that would be the perfect time to introduce it with Jon if they introduce it at all.

Also, the spoiler tag works well- telling people "DO NOT READ!!!" Is sort of counterproductive.

has anyone noticed that all the episodes 6 of each season have been truly epic in there own way and sets up a lot of major shit. Season 1 episode 6:ned is wounded from his battle with jaime and made hand of the king again and Robert goes on a hunt. were introduced to asha after her wildwing friends attempt to rob bran. tyrion has his first trial by combat with bronn as his champion and viserys gets his crown from drogo. Season 2 episode 6:theon takes winterfell betrayin robb and killing Rodrick. we see tyrion slap the shit outta joffery after the mino riot and a septon torn to bits while sansa is be saved from a potential rape/muder by tha hound. danys dragons are stolen. jon goes off with the halfhand and were introduced to ygritte. season 3 episode 6:tryion tells sansa and shae about his and sansa marriage. Jon and ygritte climb the wall. little finger gives his EPIC 'The Climb' speech while tellin varys that hes found out that ros has been for spyin for varys while it shows the aftermath of joffrey usin her for target practice. Rob stark seals his fate by agreeing to the freys proposal about edmure marryin rosalin. roose betrays robb by granting Jaime hes freedom back to kings landing ensuring a Bolton/lannister alliance. season 4 episode 6:stannis gets a new backer for gold while weakening his enemies. were introduced to hizdahr zo loraq. yara attacks the dreadfort. reek is asked to play a role of himself to take moat Caitlin. tyrion has his trial and shae betrays him and tyrion demands a trial by combat. all these season 6 episodes are truly epic and can expect to deliver like episode 9 does each year.

Whilst there have been notable moments in episode 6, they haven't really been epic, and your list kind of proves that.

There are some new pictures from Season 5 that might (?) help shed some light at some of the discussions here (or simply start new ones): http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/03/lots-of-new-images-from-game-of-thrones-season-5.html

There are a couple of pictures for example of Sansa, Littlefinger and Yohn Royce at what seems to be some kind of tournament or similar? You can see one Vale shield in the background, but I can't really make out where it is. The North would surely be too snowy to look like that, so maybe still the Vale (Littlefinger gathering support or whatever) or potentially the Riverlands.

So... which wedding do you believe will be the third, as EW has confirmed 3 weddings this season?

1) Tommen/Margaery

2) Dany/Hizdahr

3) ???

He's a Snow, so not a Stark in name. Also, he's in the Night's Watch, so his former allegiance does not count anymore (or at least should not).

Ramsay/fArya.

jus watched the trailer again and when deanerys brings up Stark they only show sansa and arya and not jon? I know hes a bastard but still. maybe that's a hint towards the R+L+J! cuz if the producers really wantd to fuk with us they should included him in the Stark scene. and I read in this forum that two girls in the woods walking are a yunger cersei and her friend.

Eeeewwww. That's just plain sick.

j/k :lol:

1) Tommen/Margaery

2) Dany/Hizdahr

3) ???

3 weddings confirmed?

If I had to guess then I suppose Dany

Unless they marry Robert off but unlikely, the Boltons are receiving someone of status and Ramsay is in the middle meaning he is the focal point instead of Roose

3 weddings confirmed?

If I had to guess then I suppose Dany

Unless they marry Robert off but unlikely, the Boltons are receiving someone of status and Ramsay is in the middle meaning he is the focal point instead of Roose

What, you mean she would marry twice? And why don't you believe there'll be a Ramsay wedding?

I have no problem with the fantastical...but it was a bit jarring to suddenly see high fantasy after a grim, gritty realistic scene.

But I agree- some people complain about things like "skeletons can't be wights because they don't have tendons and muscles", which makes me laugh- like dead people just need biology to move in the first place.

The problem with the Bran scene in S04E10 isn't that it was high fantasy; the problem was that it replaces GRRM's subversive version of high fantasy with high fantasy cliches. Instead of the shamanistic, cat-irised, ageless COTF, we get one faery-child who seems to have wandered in from the set of a Disney movie. Instead of a desperate battle with the wights involving a COTF with torches, we get magic fireballs that make the COTF benevolent, powerful protectors and lower the jeopardy for all the characters are in the scene. Instead of the creepy, half-dead Bloodraven, whose appearance makes you wonder just how benevolent the Old Gods are, we get Dumbledore stuck in a tree. And Bloodraven's answer to Meera--that Jojen knew he would die but came anyway--is another fantasy cliche unforshadowed by Jojen's catchphrase, "this is not the day I die." It's the switch from gritty images of war, grief, and complex political struggle to an unironic Disney faery tale that makes the scene jarring, not the addition of fantasy elements per se. (The absence of Cold Hands made the jump to high fantasy a lot more sudden, too.)

In the book, the COTF appear as a distinct faction with their own culture and their own agenda. We hope they are helping Bran and not just using him, but we don't know. The world remains dangerous, with no one in complete control. In the show, we get standard-issue elves and a stereotypical wizard. We have no hint that greatest powers of the old gods can only be unlocked with blood sacrifice, so it seems like the familiar "white magic" of countless faery tales is opposing the gritty political infighting that dominates the story.

D&D appear not to understand that the magic elements in the book work because they don't change human nature or serve a simplistic moral order that transcends politics. Perhaps that's why they keep avoiding elements of high fantasy and botch it up on those occasions when they must be included. They seem to think magic has to be faery tale tropes or horror movie cliches. Their white walkers will be zombies and comic book frost giants, their Melissandre is just a witch with melodramatic overtones of Rasputin (or Morgana le Fey), and Lady Stoneheart would have been a brain-eating zombie. They handle the more magical storylines perfunctorily because they sense their handling of it doesn't work. They don't seem to get that it's because, too often, they turn GRRM's subversions of fantasy tropes back into the cliches he was subverting. Will Theon hear the heart tree whisper his name or see Bran's face on it? He'll probably just get a pep-talk from Sansa. Will Quaithe tell Dany to go backwards to go forward? She'll probably just learn how to steer Drogon through force of personality and intuit that he'll know where to fly. Will Brienne meet Stoneheart? She'll probably go to Winterfell and convince Sansa she's sincere by failing to expose her.

Archived