Newest trailer...GAH

So he is coming back in S6 as a all knowing tree implantation? I'm not sure that will translate well on screen.

They went out with Harryhausen skeletons and RPG from their hands firing children of the forest which ends the two year quest of finding the 3EC and then they "rickoned" him? That's f***ed up.

I'm going by what book readers told me...

Dany would have already gotten all the information from Barristan by now that he has to offer, what would have been his point of witholding information until now? No, any *new* information regarding "The Game of Thrones" came from Tyrion, as Barristan's information stopped at the point Joffrey dismissed him from the KG.

She does seem to be talking to either a very short person or someone sitting.

Fact: It is a woman in red clothes besides a fire which is worshiped by slaves. Most probably a red priestess.

Speculation: It is in Volantis. Show Bennero maybe.

25 pages and no one mentioned that what's nice about a Volantis slave revolt is that it will eventually bring a fleet to Dany? A very necessary fleet since the Iron Born arch is out...

It seems to me the show is laying the groundwork for Dany finally reaching Westeros in season 6 (possibly at the very end, to save the day in season 7). We could see the fleet setting sail as early as season 5 though. In fact, if we take traveling time into account, I'd say we need to start seeing Volantene ships very soon.

Stumbled upon this by accident:

/watch?v=PaPYWlFPwpM

After the trailer, there a few pics I hadn't seen before. Of interest are the two pics of LF and Sansa. In the second one, it's very clear to me that:

- They're in the North (setting is very like the place where Roose and Ramsay met before)

- LF is swearing to Sansa that they will get revenge.

There's also a pic of the Boltons (Roose, Ramsay and fat Frey) waiting to greet someone (LF and Sansa/Alayne) in Winterfell.

25 pages and no one mentioned that what's nice about a Volantis slave revolt is that it will eventually bring a fleet to Dany? A very necessary fleet since the Iron Born arch is out...

They have already acquired ships from the Yunkish (?).

Just saw this: http://www.ibtimes.com/game-thrones-season-5-spoilers-creators-tease-more-dragons-biggest-scenes-ever-new-1851354

"the show’s creators – David Benioff and D.B. Weiss – just revealed that the new episodes will also feature the two largest scenes fans have ever seen on the show."

"“There are two scenes that are so much larger in scale than anything we’ve tried to do. Maybe 17 days to shoot one sequence. That’s something we’ve never attempted before. There are lot of special effects pieces in that scene,” said Weiss."

Hardhome and Daznak's?

Bah, Jon can kill all the wights he wants, all I want to know is if we'll get some version of the Mermaid's court.

:agree:

I can endure the loss of Stoneheart, Sam in Braavos, and even Deepwood Motte if only Manderly demands his liege lord and bakes his pies. I worry that there is no evidence of him being cast.

That's another WTF are these clowns doing - did Benioff and Weiss completely forget about:

Balon being assassinated? He should have been killed off in S03E10, or in one of the very earliest episodes of Season 4 at the very latest.

But hey, who cares about the Ironborn, Victarion and Euron being all badass, or Lady Stoneheart and the Brother Without Banners on a vicious rampage, or Nymeria and a huge pack of wolves ripping the shit out of people in the Riverlands, or the fallout from the Red Wedding, or the showdown between Jaime and the Blackfish at Riverrun (with Jaime knocking out one of the Freys).

Who cares about those storylines and subplots when we can have a Missandei and Greyworm romance! Awesome. Or more boring Tyrell overkill! Who wants to see the badass Greyjoy brothers or shit getting real in the Riverlands, when we can see Loras, Margaery and Olena doing nothing in King's Landing, but sitting around and talking and eating in the gardens! Amazing. Or more references to Theon's severed penis! Yay. And really screw up Jaime's redemption arc by portraying him as a sexual predator! And of course, loads and loads and loads of dragons, loads of Dany's crew, recasting Dario, and loads of bad lines for Daenerys to make her more obnoxious! Because hey, who cares about the warging and deep bond between Jon and Ghost, when we can have loads of dragons and Dany! Let's cut Bran out for an entire season too. And even though Varys tried to have Dany assassinated in Season 1, he's suddenly supporting her! :rolleyes:

And now, there's rumors and speculation that Mance, Barriston, Shireen and Bron might be killed off? And no casting of Wyman Manderly and no more Greatjon? WTF :bang:

At least there's still Jon, Tormund, the North and Stannis (or some semblance), and Arya made it to Bravos.

Okay, rant over.

To be honest... I'm glad the cut all the Ironborn stuff.

It was a long, boring, pointless storyline, made up only to let Daenerys have a fleet, with boring characters and even worse chapters.

I know, the kingsmoot was cool, but beyond that I couldn't rally find any "fun" in that plot.

Considering how many problems show watchers have to keep up with all the characters, I'd rather have a couple of minutes more of Tyrion or Jaime, to let them find the deepness they lost in S4 than two idiots fighting for the most useless crown of the known world (seriously... who cares about the Iron Islands?)

Same for Jaime and Brienne storylines in the Riverlands: what are they supposed to do?

Their chapters in AFFC were mostly world building, with little to none relevance to the story. Ok, the Blackfish is super cool, but I prefer a cool, invented plotline for Jaime in Dorne and Brienne in Winterfell, than a boring but accurate one with two cool scenes in the entire season!

exactly. the stuff there leavin out isn't crucial to the plot. besides 'The Reaver' chapter in AFFC the whole IronBorn chpaters were boring. but I do hope they show up in S6...they kinda have to with bein In the bay of mereen and that battle takin place. but this season,no problem with them bein left out.

exactly. the stuff there leavin out isn't crucial to the plot. besides 'The Reaver' chapter in AFFC the whole IronBorn chpaters were boring. but I do hope they show up in S6...they kinda have to with bein In the bay of mereen and that battle takin place. but this season,no problem with them bein left out.

Dany already has a fleet in the show.

O I like the Ironborn stuff ... still since the siege of Meereen has not occurred on the show not having the Iron Fleet does not matter that much.

Still from the Winds of Winter excepts The Breaking of the Siege of Meereen looks to be a major plot element , where it looks like a whole bunch of players converge.

Not clear but Dany and dragons (and the Dothraki?), Tyrion and the Sellsword companies, Selmy and Greyworm and the Unsullied army, and the Ironborn (even the defeated Slaver coalition) come together to what? form an alliance to invade Westeros? Other parties possibly.

Get the feeling the big siege of Meereen won't happen on the show.

Could be quite a departure from the story on the page in season 6 not even spoiling the novel!

It was a long, boring, pointless storyline, made up only to let Daenerys have a fleet, with boring characters and even worse chapters.

I know, the kingsmoot was cool, but beyond that I couldn't rally find any "fun" in that plot.

Considering how many problems show watchers have to keep up with all the characters, I'd rather have a couple of minutes more of Tyrion or Jaime, to let them find the deepness they lost in S4 than two idiots fighting for the most useless crown of the known world (seriously... who cares about the Iron Islands?)

Same for Jaime and Brienne storylines in the Riverlands: what are they supposed to do?

Their chapters in AFFC were mostly world building, with little to none relevance to the story. Ok, the Blackfish is super cool, but I prefer a cool, invented plotline for Jaime in Dorne and Brienne in Winterfell, than a boring but accurate one with two cool scenes in the entire season!

Victarion and Euron are ruthless, vicious killers. They are vicious killers who easily and regularly kill people. They are fearless. They are mean. They're badass. They fuck shit up. It's not that hard to give them bad ass shit to do in the show.

What are Jaime and Brienne supposed to do in the Riverlands?

In addition to getting captured/lured by Stoneheart and the Brotherhood, Jaime continues to change and distance himself from his past/Cersei while ending the war. The writers could easily give him stuff to do, while not potentially killing off Bronn (seeing as Benioff & Weiss might do this just for the hell of it). Why not delve deeper into the utter carnage, destruction and lawlessness of the Riverlands, to show the extent to which the War of the Five Kings and the Red Wedding fallout has severly impacted the Riverlands (a dark, burning landscape with refugees in flight, corpses in fields and on the roadside, destroyed homes and fields, hanging Frey and Lannister soldiers etc).

Furthermore, there's also the danger of Nymeria leading a huge pack of wolves which is also terrorizing the Riverlands. There is so much that Jaime and Brienne could get mixed up with.

But yeah, Missandei and Greyworm. Tyrell overkill. etc :bang:

Yup- I have yet to meet anyone who isn't a super passionate fan of the books who cares even in the slightest for the Ironborn or Dorne. Also, there was an article in io9 recently about the show leaving out most of the pointless material in the books, which it seemed that most people in the comments, and me, agreed with. While I like the books, I feel that they are very flawed and plodding, and that the show has a great chance of making them more streamlined by cutting out the unnecessary material.

Archived