Newest trailer...GAH

Ugh, the Dany haters are extremely loud everywhere on this forum and across youtube aswell. Really makes the fandom look immature and adds unneeded negativity around such a great story. I can't stand Jon Snow but you don't hear me trashing him at every turn...

I thought the trailer was amazing and we saw a lot of emotion in Emilia's eyes in these short clips. Especially the one with her and Daario was beautiful. Emilia said Dany will lose her confidence in herself this season which makes me happy, since they're bringing the character closer to what she's in the books and also noticing the symbolism between the return of Drogon and the return of Dany's confidence. So far show Dany has been acting all macho which could be explained by the tiny airtime her character has got, especially in the last season. Fingers crossed the character gets the attention she deserves. Considering she's now with another main character, that seems very likely.

The scene with Loras Tyrell got me intrigued. Are they going to imprison him instead of Margery? It seems he's standing in front of a panel when he's captured. If this is Cersei's ploy to manipulate Margery then I like the adaptation a lot. It makes Cersei come off smarter than in the books when she goes after the queens brother instead.

Brienne at the Wall is a nice touch aswell. Her purpose in AFFC was merely to introduce places in this world GRRM is so very fond of, so it was inevitable the showrunners were going to change that. Happenings at the Wall don't really interest me that much though.

Also, I love the fact they introduced Volantis. I thought they were going to skip that. All in all, I'm very interested for this season and by the looks of it the writers have done a great job at editing the story.

Must be the last scene, teach the unsullied what it is to lose their home.

That would be a great cliffhanger, Jon warging into Ghost being the very last scene.

Oh man talk about a kick in the figurative nuts.

It would only work if Jon is really dead. If not, people are going to find that not long after. You can't hide such a character. It didn't work in the book, most people guessed it was fake, so why would it work in the show? Better to have him wake up that way the suspense is what he'll do rather than if he's actually dead.

How far into the books do you think these characters will hit by the end of season 5? Pretty much everyone or some with material left for 6?

Dany

Theon

Tyrion

Arya

Jon Snow

Dany: the Harpy' statue is falling in Mereen, so I'd say Mereen will end with the show's equivalent of the aftermath of the battle. It may not be a full blown battle and Dany may or may not be part of it. Maybe she rides Drogon into battle instead of meeting the Dokrathis. On the plus side, Dany riding Drogon into battle would be awesome!

Theon: depends on Sansa and Stannis arcs. I have no idea.

Tyrion: same as Dany

Arya: the Mercy chapter? I think the showrunners will try to converge as many stories as possible. Trant's death works for that, but they may want to go further into Arya' story

Jon: Good question. Would the showrunners want to end the season with such a massive cliffhanger? The show is massively popular, I don't think it needs it. I hope they go further and we get Jon's resurrection/normal recovery/death by episode 10 and no cliffhangers.

Oh my god I totally missed this!

It was especially interesting to get the context for Dany's wheel speech... Loved this trailer, although now I feel like I've been spoiled because the trailers always show the cool stuff. :p Anyway, less than a month to go...

Dany: the Harpy' statue is falling in Mereen, so I'd say Mereen will end with the show's equivalent of the aftermath of the battle. It may not be a full blown battle and Dany may or may not be part of it. Maybe she rides Drogon into battle instead of meeting the Dokrathis. On the plus side, Dany riding Drogon into battle would be awesome!

Theon: depends on Sansa and Stannis arcs. I have no idea.

Tyrion: same as Dany

Arya: the Mercy chapter? I think the showrunners will try to converge as many stories as possible. Trant's death works for that, but they may want to go further into Arya' story

Jon: Good question. Would the showrunners want to end the season with such a massive cliffhanger? The show is massively popular, I don't think it needs it. I hope they go further and we get Jon's resurrection/normal recovery/death by episode 10 and no cliffhangers.

They made a two season order for five and six, so I highly, highly doubt you will get any resolve of Jon's predicament until early season 6,

They want the ratings to continue so best to leave people wondering if he's alive or not.

Then hopefully winds comes out in concert with season 6 or just before.

How far into the books do you think these characters will hit by the end of season 5? Pretty much everyone or some with material left for 6?

Dany

Theon

Tyrion

Arya

Jon Snow

Dany will be the Dothraki Sea

Theon will have fled to Stannis's camp with fArya or maybe even Sansa, whereabouts unknown after Battle of Ice

Tyrion? No sellswords and siege camps so who knows what he is going to be doing.

Arya most likely mercy chapter and a bit further in her training than in ADWD

Jon Snow will be face down in the snow along with Selyse after the Pink letter.

Sorry if it's been answered already,but are there any scenes of asha(yara) or any news if she would appear this season? Just wondering.

Well, Dany doesn't mention the Greyjoys in her "break the wheel" speech... for all we know, the Iron Islands were sucked by a black hole in the series.

Dany

Theon

Tyrion

Arya

Jon Snow

Dany: I'm conflicted with if the last will be flying out of the pit on Drogon (episode 9 I'm guessing) will be the last of her this season or if episode 10 will see a scene of her in the Dothraki Sea. The show in the past has made episode 10 recovery episode, slower paced then the climactic episode 9 and closing the Arc of the season while introducing ideas for the next. So could see flying out of the Pit in episode 9 then Episode 10 walking through the grass, how ever I think the Dothraki Sea scenes wouldn't be near as effective since we wont be in her head, and unless she is talking to Drogon, she won't have any one to talk to about fire and blood.... So yeah I just talked my self into thinking her last scene will be her Flying out of the Pit .

Theon: As some one else answered, throwing Sansa into the Winterfell mix could have such a change on what happens with reek. ATM I'm liking the 'winterfell worker' being Arya, but even if that is what's happening, do you think Theon would leave winterfell to save fArya whilst leaving Sansa there? Of cause having not seen anything so having no idea how it will play out. But the thought of Theon escaping Winterfell and leaving Sansa seems weird (even if she is there in a position of power and not needing rescuing). I do hope he does connect with Stannis one way or another, be it escaping like in the books or in the aftermath of the Battle of Ice (which I would be suprised if it is this season).

Tyrion: Still going with Draznak's pit being Episode 9, could be seeing episode 10 being Tyrion, Jorah and Missendei (Sorry but Barry and Grey worm be RIP :( ) handling the aftermath of the pit with all chaos breaking out over the city. Tricky bit with this is how much they would be able to do in 1 episode to close their season arc's. Could the Unsullied/Freedmen be losing the battle in the city and so as a desperation move they free the dragons and escape under the leadership of the three mentioned above...

Arya: Deff's thinking she will be killing Trant at some point through out the season but not sure if it will be at the end or not. I don't think they will do the mercy chapter, that seems to complex/expensive to put into a tv show. I would say it might be a good climactic ending if she were to kill Trant the first time she changes her face. But that would conflict with the Facelessmen rule of not killing those you know....

Jon Snow: I hadn't thought about how the Ceasaring wouldnt work as a final scene due to it not being able to be kept secret due to the filming and promotional material for season 6. So yeah that point ruins alot of possible fun. I still like the idea of the stabbing happening at the very end of the last episode, and in the final moments seeing his eyes go white and hearing ghost howl or something (along with some foreshadowing through out the season about Jon's warging ability). Basically don't make it ambiguous if he is warging into Ghost or not. This will still cause alot of tension and ALOT of conversation through out the off season until the heavy filming picks up (which not all the fan base is paying as much attention to). Word will get out that Kit Harrington has been filming, so use alot of the promotional stuff early next year based on his resurrection, heavily hinting it. Then have the resurrection at the very end of episode 1.

I realize how unlikely alot of this is (particularly Jon Snows) but its late and I can't sleep so I'm just writing out my ideas here as they come to me. So please be kind to my terrible thoughts :D

EDIT: my only problem with having Jon be the last scene of the season is I would sooooo much prefer to have Vary's scene with Keven. Too many Unsullied think of Varys as being too good a person who does every thing he does to protect the realm. I want them to see some of his darker side :D

Well, Dany doesn't mention the Greyjoys in her "break the wheel" speech... for all we know, the Iron Islands were sucked by a black hole in the series.

i hope the kingsmoot makes it in at some point in the show.

I know that they probably took a few takes of it- but that doesn't mean that they always get what they want when they shoot. If that were true, then every movie ever made, no matter how bad the actor is, would be amazing.

I like Emilia...sincerely, I do. I like Dany, as well. She was amazing in season 1...but since she took on the 'queen' mantra, she has been stilted and difficult to watch at times. It's like, instead of MAKING progress, she's regressing. Kit Harington was stilted and hard to watch at times in Season 1, but he's grown with the character, and his latter seasons have been really good. Even still, he's not the equal of someone like Hinds or Dance or Rigg...but he doesn't need to be to be convincing in his role. Maisie also isn't perfect in her role, but she is still convincing.

But hopefully all of the turmoil and bad things happening this season to Dany will pull Emilia back into her comfort zone, and we'll get the performance we've come to expect of her.

As others have said I will see in context

on the one hand there is rolleyes at the hypocrisy as a Targ, this fits the books though...

There is a chance that the woodenness and the sense of unnaturalness is what they are looking for and Emilia has delivered it correctly, if it links in with the whole red door thing and abolitions of slavery being contrarion to the Targaryen Fire and Blood, in this case she is 'trying' to act like a Queen because she thinks she is supposed to be preparing for invading Westeros but if we channel Quaithe for a moment it's a case of remember who you are

Emilia seemed to manage the transition from timid Princess Dany to more confident and fiery when she came into proximity to the Eggs (as in the books). And she got the vibe right when in Astapor,e g a "Dragon is not a slave" was fire and blood Targ and not try-hard Queen

Ultimately the Wheel speech is like the "we have 107 ships speech, in books and show they are constantly teasing an invasion of Westeros but not sure that's her path, which is why when she goes on about "I will do what Queens do, rule" comes across an inauthentic (and cringeworthy)

Will wait to see it in context

Theon: As some one else answered, throwing Sansa into the Winterfell mix could have such a change on what happens with reek. ATM I'm liking the 'winterfell worker' being Arya, but even if that is what's happening, do you think Theon would leave winterfell to save fArya whilst leaving Sansa there? Of cause having not seen anything so having no idea how it will play out. But the thought of Theon escaping Winterfell and leaving Sansa seems weird (even if she is there in a position of power and not needing rescuing). I do hope he does connect with Stannis one way or another, be it escaping like in the books or in the aftermath of the Battle of Ice (which I would be suprised if it is this season).

It's also possible that Theon escapes before Sansa arrives... that would explain that problem at least.

I jus saw a screenshot of the new trailer and im 95% sure sansa is in the crypts at winterfell. I have no idea why she would be there. ill refure to believe shes marrying ramsay,wont do it til I watch the show and know for sure. maybe I jus dnt wanna except that ramsay gets his hands on sweet sansa and has his way with her refferin to the "traumatic event" sophie turner AKA sansa said will happen to her character this. I really thought season 4 and 2 were the best season but this looks like its gonna surpass both those seasons to be truly great. GOT is the best book series and TV show ever. fuk breaking bad,fuk the wire,fuk the walking dead and fuk the sopranos....GAME OF THRONES rules over all those false kings.

im so pissed they put brans storyline on hold this year. he had the biggest moment of all season 4. I wanted to see him begin his training and search those caves and interact with 'The Children'. soon as Bloodraven said "but you will fly" OMFG!!! I got so amped up and I couldn't wait to see bran in S5.

I read (I think some where earlier in this thread) a couple days ago some one suggest that Ramsay might desecrate the crypts or something by having a statue of rob built with a wolfs head. I thought that was pretty silly, he never goes near the crypts in the books and if he were to here, id imagine it would be much more likely that he would tear the statues down rather build a new one (even if to mock rob). BUT then I saw the Artisans video. and in one bit they had a man with a big animal head sitting on a throne and i was like OH DANG %^&$ THEY DOING IT and I felt so bad for rob and Sansa (seeing that she will be in the crypts and see it) but then I paused it when rewatching the video and saw it was a statue with a Lions head, not a wolfs... so guessing its a statue for the HOB&W so that made me feel alot more relieved >.<

im so pissed they put brans storyline on hold this year. he had the biggest moment of all season 4. I wanted to see him begin his training and search those caves and interact with 'The Children'. soon as Bloodraven said "but you will fly" OMFG!!! I got so amped up and I couldn't wait to see bran in S5.

Pity they ruined the Children of the Forest scene, with that shameful and cringeworthy wight attack scene, and there being only one COTF that looked more like a little white child than a mystical elf-like being based on Celtic mythology.

Archived