Newest trailer...GAH

They're not going to burn Shireen alive on TV. No chance.

Maybe she hears about Stannis's 'death'. Maybe it's all kicking off at the wall (post-ADWD?) and she's been pushed to the ground.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they wouldn't burn Shireen... on the show they are very much into playing on our emotional heartstrings (what they tried to do with Talisa and in utero Ned). I'm not saying that's why Selyse is upset, but I wouldn't put it past D&D.

Yes, the slaves would be actors too. The scene makes no sense unless it's a play.

ETA: ... Or other form of re-enactment. But a play makes sense given the "Mercy" chapter.

I hadn't even considered this being a version of the Mercy chapter. I still believe that this is a slave preaching on behalf of Dany in Volantis, seen from the POV of Tyrion (either with Varys or Jorah), but that is an interesting option. :cheers:

As they can't stand against Tyrell and Lannister alone. They play the Part of Wyman Manderly. So eventually, probably, the Vale, gets involved helps Stannis who is allied to Jon, and reestablishes the Starks in the north. So LF alies with Sansa, Sansa claims the North, the Vale alies with Sansa and LF, and they in turn become alies with Stannis who is allied to Jon, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Sure LF will try to find a way to drop Stannis in a whole at some point.

Sansa at Winterfell probably fills in the role of Babs and probably has some conversations with Theon who will recognize her but I doubt would ever say anything about her. Maybe someone figures out who she is, but what will it matter she did not come there alone and that is Sansa Stark, the North remembers and so will Theon.

Bold part is exactly what I'm thinking.

I told you all Sansa would be in Winterfell.

Haha, I keep refusing to believe untill I saw the wolf on the castle wall (http://i.imgur.com/4tyUFdm.jpg)

(and even not untill I compared it with the pictures of Winterfell (http://gameofthrones.hu/app/images/castles/winterfell/winterfell2.jpg)

It will al least very intriguing. I hope she would not be the one to marry ramsey. I would like it more if she would known as Alayne Stone and not as Sansa Stark and "take her vengeance" like LF said she would do. Still I would (and very possibly will) very sad the original plot would not used. I really loved the strength of the North to take their own vengeance for their Lords, for their own families, ... In my eyes an essential part of the story line would be taken away. I would/will really miss my Manderly, Glover, ... Even no lady Dustin will be very sad.

And the chance is also small none of the Northmen will help Stannis (?) No Big Bucket, ... or someone from the mountain clans :crying:

My favorite storyline would be reduced to a Sansa (and LF?, Vale?)/Stannis/Bolton. Will Sansa say al those amazing speeches in the DWD by herself? I am really scared it would not be so amazing as in the book but still am intrigued what they are planning to do.

(sorry for the rant)

Still I must be happier than the poor Griffs and Ironborn fans because it is looking they are getting nothing (while - hopely not - we get a lot of Dany(?) :bang: Or maybe we get a lot of Dany in the trailers because it think she is still one of the most beloved characters of the unsullied(?)

Haha, I keep refusing to believe untill I saw the wolf on the castle wall (http://i.imgur.com/4tyUFdm.jpg)

(and even not untill I compared it with the pictures of Winterfell (http://gameofthrones.hu/app/images/castles/winterfell/winterfell2.jpg)

It will al least very intriguing. I hope she would not be the one to marry ramsey. I would like it more if she would known as Alayne Stone and not as Sansa Stark and "take her vengeance" like LF said she would do. Still I would (and very possibly will) very sad the original plot would not used. I really loved the strength of the North to take their own vengeance for their Lords, for their own families, ... In my eyes an essential part of the story line would be taken away. I would/will really miss my Manderly, Glover, ... Even no lady Dustin will be very sad.

And the chance is also small none of the Northmen will help Stannis (?) No Big Bucket, ... or someone from the mountain clans :crying:

My favorite storyline would be reduced to a Sansa (and LF?, Vale?)/Stannis/Bolton. Will Sansa say al those amazing speeches in the DWD by herself? I am really scared it would not be so amazing as in the book but still am intrigued what they are planning to do.

(sorry for the rant)

Still I must be happier than the poor Griffs and Ironborn fans because it is looking they are getting nothing (while - hopely not - we get a lot of Dany(?) :bang: Or maybe we get a lot of Dany in the trailers because it think she is still one of the most beloved characters of the unsullied(?)

I agree about the probable absence of Northern Lords (I'm still hoping for the Greatjon. Rickon was supposed to be heading towards the Umbers). I think the Tyrells also suffer, although in lesser degree, of the lack of banners. While in the books they have command of the most powerful army in the Seven Kingdoms, Show!Tyrells are some just fancy, rich, nobles who, apparently, have a large army somewhere.

While I don't expect the show to flesh dozens of banners for each Great House, they do feel kind of lonely. And the Starks are the ones who were shown with the most banners: Umber, Karstark, Tully, Bolton and Reed were all shown with actual characters instead of extras.

I agree about the probable absence of Northern Lords (I'm still hoping for the Greatjon. Rickon was supposed to be heading towards the Umbers). I think the Tyrells also suffer, although in lesser degree, of the lack of banners. While in the books they have command of the most powerful army in the Seven Kingdoms, Show!Tyrells are some just fancy, rich, nobles who, apparently, have a large army somewhere.

While I don't expect the show to flesh dozens of banners for each Great House, they do feel kind of lonely. And the Starks are the ones who were shown with the most banners: Umber, Karstark, Tully, Bolton and Reed were all shown with actual characters instead of extras.

Re: bolded part...I believe that someone over at watchersonthewall.com

saw a tweet of the Greatjon on set

. I haven't got a link handy, but I'm sure someone more in-the-know here on the forums does!

I honestly don't see how the Vale would support the House of the Flayed Man after the Red Wedding. I'm wondering if the Knights of the Vale and Sansa enter Winterfell AFTER the Bolton forces are defeated and Sansa retakes the fortress.

Maybe they ride to support Stannis or smash the Bolton's with Stannis independently of any lasting alliance.

Maybe Sansa gets to Winterfell and the entire North rallies around her in place of a Northern Conspiracy from the books

Anybody think that kind of emotionless "bitch face" look Dany does is kind of annoying? (i.e. when she talks about breaking the wheel)

Show Dany sucks, and I blame HBO for it more than I do Emelia. I think her Dany was great in season 1 and 2.

Irrational Dany hate is irrational.

Some of her scenes are cringe, no doubt, but blame the directors or show runners for the quality control there. The buck stops with them.

Re this Sansa in WF business I called it ages ago that most of your travelling characters would converge on winterfell. The sets built, it shows the audience who the new power in the north is while reminding us who they crushed to get there, very basic, but that's what TV wants, so that's what it gets.

Some of her scenes are cringe, no doubt, but blame the directors or show runners for the quality control there. The buck stops with them.

Re this Sansa in WF business I called it ages ago that most of your travelling characters would converge on winterfell. The sets built, it shows the audience who the new power in the north is while reminding us who they crushed to get there, very basic, but that's what TV wants, so that's what it gets.

Emilia's vacant stare when she delivers her badass lines are annoying as hell. And you can't really blame the directors or show runners for that. Although, I must admit, Emilia is good when she speaks Valyrian.

@No One

please, no false hope. Still he is not the same as all those northern lords together. but i must keep the budget in line

My dislike is indeed for a large part irrational

The thing I really hate is that she keeps saying " i am daenarys stormborn, blood of old valyria (?) , ... Yes, we know. Sigh. one time we got a great comebacj

You're back!

*lol* I was never truly gone. Just lurking. I'm still not touching the casting forum with a ten-foot pole, even though I am skimming through the new threads incognito. Next year maybe.

Do you think that it means stannis dies this season??!!

If he does, I think he'll take Roose and Ramsay with him.

My comments in bold blue:

I'll admit I'm kinda looking forward to the first season that I really can say, I have no clue where it is going to end up.

About your comments:

1) Wall with Stannis: My suspicion that Mel will sacrifice Shireen comes from her dialogue with Selyse last year, but I'll be the first to admit that I am just speculating, nothing more.

2) Winterfell with Sansa: I think Sansa is Baelish's one blind spot. Even in the books he underestimates her. He thinks he has her in his pocket. He does not. Also, we know LF will be in KL at some point. If that happens to be at the same time, it would make sense for him to send someone he trusts to shape an alliance with the Wardens of the North.

3) About Brienne and Pod: I said they would try to follow Sansa north. I never said they'd make it.

4) King's Landing: I cannot think of anybody else who'd sacrifice a blood of drop, other than young Cersei. As for Cersei visiting the High Septon: she did that in the books as well, because of all the changes he brought to KL (many of which were detrimental to her and the rest of the nobles in KL).

5) Meereen: First, I didn't mean that she will have a discussion about the current situation with the Great Houses, but about what role they played in the fall of the Targaryens. I believe that they will follow the book here: Barristan tries to explain impartially, she brushes him off. Secondly, we have seen leaked set pictures on this forum which confirmed that Dany and Hizdahr WILL be present at the scene of the smaller fighting pit / slave market. I believe that this set will serve both of Hizdahr's demonstration to Dany that fighting pits are part of Meereen's culture and as his chance to purchase Tyrion and Jorah. Last but not least, about the Harpy statue: I think total mayhem will erupt in Meereen, following Dany's departure, with SotH, Masters and freed slaves fighting each other. Hizdahr will try to rule everybody in, but in vain. The freed slaves will bring down the Harpy.

Show Dany sucks, and I blame HBO for it more than I do Emelia. I think her Dany was great in season 1 and 2.

The unsullied love their khaleesi !!!! No seriously i met a LOT of people who retain her as their favorite character. I mean of all the intricate characters that the show presents, they had to choose her. But that's probably because they want a cliche ending where she arrives onto westeros and saves the day. I hope the opposite happens though.

The unsullied love their khaleesi !!!! No seriously i met a LOT of people who retain her as their favorite character. I mean of all the intricate characters that the show presents, they had to choose her. But that's probably because they want a cliche ending where she arrives onto westeros and saves the day. I hope the opposite happens though.

And even if the opposite did happen in the books, i wonder if D&D will have the balls to portray it instead of changing the plot to satisfy the viewers/unsullied

Destroying the wheel? Starks walking all over people? I guess from Dany's POV.

But in all seriousness, any of the trailers for the show will just get me more and more hyped.

Archived