Stannis & Brienne (Book Spoilers)

StarkBlack21

I read an interesting theory. Brienne takes Stannis hostage and offers him to the Boltons for Sansa (Brienne doesn't know Sansa is gone) Ramsay and Boltons take Brienne and Stannis hostage. Stannis now takes the place of MANCE RAYDER (the captured Mance)

Ramsay sends the PINK LETTER. Saying he has Stannis captured and defeated him and is flaying him. He wants his bride and Reek back. What you think?

Doesn't make sense to exchange stannis for Sansa, Sansa is more useful to the boltons and the boltons would just kill both brienne and stannis on the spot.

If stannis is alive, he and brienne will likely stumble upon sansa and theon, and sansa might be able to convince a northern uprising once they get away from winterfell.

Why must my king be constantly resurrected into this shitty knock-off pretending to be the story of Westeros? Hasn't be heen OOC'ed enough, do we need to see him find an injured bird among the bodies of Winterfell, care for it and love it with all his heart, name it LuckyWing, then have the D's write him into a Bolton dungeon and force him to burn it later because it has the blood of bird kings, so his meal will be slightly better than maggot infested porridge?

He is dead, for if he isn't than the D's are cruelty incarnate. I have swallowed every offensive OOC bullshit and let myself get suckered in those brief glimpses of the character I love, only to find it a bait and switch.

What is dead should stay dead, else it rise for a plot more hackneyed and stupid

Honestly if Stannis lives I think he will live until the end of the series, or else they would just keep him dead. Stannis deserves a redemption arc, not a Reek-esque torture arc. People will disagree because of the whole burning his daughter alive thing, but sacrifice isn't suppose to be pretty... its suppose to be painful (especially to Stannis). And if the Lord of Light still comes through, then "no act done in service to the Lord of Light is a sin" .and hopefully it is recognized so this part of the story has a little more meaning..otherwise it is kind of the biggest let down.

And i think Brienne will hold on to her honor and dignity, which is why i don't think she went through with that swing. It is pretty pathetic to hack apart someone who has just been defeated and wounded, trying to do the right thing, and i think she will realize it (and I think the producers realize that and i doubt they want to besmirch her character like that).

Brienne will spare Stannis and realize this is the king she should have served in the beginning.

I don't believe in redemption after killing one's own child. It would make the show even more painful to watch to the point I couldn't watch it at all. I don't believe any father could accept such a thing.

But then again - in the books what was Stannis fighting for if not for his daughter? Shireen lost her beauty and her heritage was denied to her (Robert gave rich Storm's end to Renly and poor Dragonstone to Stannis). She had little chances for a good match and happy marriage. But as a princess or a queen she could have even both. We never get to know Stannis motivation in the book but this is one of the things that might drive him and that makes him interesting.

Well in the show they clearly killed it, making us ponder why had he relentlessly fought for the lost cause?

Redeeming a man after burning his child alive isn't as painful as keeping around the guy who cuts dicks off of main characters and rapes other main characters every night .

And Stannis fights because he genuinely believes it is his duty as king, to stop corruption and bring justice to Westeros. Out of all the kings he is the only one to truly act as 'Protector of the Realm'.

All hail His Grace, Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm and Burner of Children ... has a nice ring to it don't you think?

I can't put this any other way ... Stannis is dead! Dead! Dead! There is no reason to keep him alive and burning Shireen was just a reminder you won't supposed to like the miserable bastard before Brienne removed his head from his shoulders. Maybe he does beat the Boltons in the book (I doubt it), even if he does, I don't see him seeing A Dream of Spring. The man has perpetuated too much evil in the books / show (killed his brother, his daughter and his wife hung herself just to name a few) to be given a chance at redemption.

There is also the problem of having a line if he was to win the game. He doesn't have an heir and I doubt he will be able to procreate one. You are really going to have him win the game just so the Baratheon line dies with him on the throne and everyone starts fighting again once he is a corpse? That would be some awful writing!

Maybe Ramsay will make Stannis his new Reek now that Theon is lost to him, he seems to always need to have one handy. What could Stand da Man be called then, after Ramsay takes his sausage..? Reekkis? Might be funny, and I can see it happening. We have to wait 'till Season 6 to find out for sure. :cool4:

I think Stannis is dead, but this plan is so stupid that it's consistent with every other plan Brienne's ever thought of.

Next season opens up with Brienne pledging her sword to Stannis.

My emotions would be so mixed I think I'd actually fucking explode.

Haha, dear god, me too.

Stannis's quest for the Throne is over. He has no heir, army, hand, priestess, base etc. He has a fleet of ships but Jon left them on the wrong side of the wall so good luck getting them back.

Its odd though. They butchered his character beyond the point of redemption. If he won at Winterfell it would have been a very hollow victory. If he's alive the only place he can go is the Wall.

If Stannis is dead then what was the point of his whole arc this season. Nothing has changed in the North. The Boltons are still in Winterfell and going nowhere. They spent so much time on Stannis this season, in the end nothing changed. The whole Battle was pointless.

I do have one thing to say about the whole daguhter burning thing- is it better to favor ones whole family over the fate of an entire people? Humanity is selfish by it's very nature. I thought about this for a whole three weeks but as much as I hate to qoute this- "It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong." Was Stannis doing it for the people or for himself is up to the show watcher.

Archived