Mel is a hoax... Dornish links?

oconuur

Having a rewatch and i just noticed something, in ep1 season 2, as stannis is having god birnin ceremony, maester cressen? I believe,says "This woman will lead HIM into a war he cannot hope to win".

so would we say the maester was right?

another big link that mel is a hoax....

cressens death, its poison, he drops it in his drink and offers it to mel. We know what happens... We are led to believe her magic is real as cressen dies even though she drinks it...

but this poison has appeared twice.... S2ep1 and s5 ep10, the Myrcella poison... So as we saw ellaria had a small vial as necklace that was the antidote...looks just like cressens "poison"...

in my mind its easier to believe mel outwitted him and perhaps already ingeste the antidote as she knew his tricks?

come on all she had to think was this guys going to be a pain in the ass, i can see from his chain he knows poisons and will just hinder my whole "act"

i only say this as when mel meets the BWoB, she is utterly shocked that beric was brought back 6 times.

Her reaction to me was all "ive been swindling these fools with TLoL religion but it actually seems to be real"

She even says not possible.... How could a red preistess not believe her god could bring a person back as many times as they wanted?

leave your thoughts everyone, sorry about the sh***y structure lol

She is certainly capable of some magics. They don't seem to be too impressive, however, to those who understand the faith well.

Take Thoros for example. In the show, Mel meets him and the BWoB. He treats her respectfully as a sister in faith, but not as all that much. He certainly doesn't rush to join her as one would expect if he believed she was accompanying the propesied messiah who was enagaged in the great battle for humanity's survival. The Red religion has many adherents in Essos. If the signs were clearly for Stannis as Azor Ahai, Mel should have been able to report this to the hierarchy of the religion and get much more support for him.

Her ability to predict the future is atrocious, however her magic is at least partially real. IIRC didn't she admit that she uses some fakery to make herself look more powerful back in season 1 or 2?

I believe you are correct. Some shenanigans with powders. Come to think of it, she was naked shortly before that, so I remember very little after.

I believe you are correct. Some shenanigans with powders. Come to think of it, she was naked shortly before that, so I remember very little after.

Lol. Perhaps that's the best magic she has, casting the spell "Tits of Major Distraction" on any males she so chooses.

Yes, Mel's necklace was somehow involved in saving her from Cressen's poison. I know it's pretty obscure, but one of the many, many gifts Dany received...somewhere during her travels (I don't recall where) was a necklace with a gem in it that was supposedly proof against poisons. So, that very thing was foreshadowed...just in a very, very subtle way.

I've said before and I will say again, Mel has some power, no doubt, but she's largely a charlatan ;)

Yet the shadow babies and neklace dont prove much? Im thinking the red priests are like skin changers, green seers ect, its just that the red church seeks them out.

plus the whole the red god creates shadow demons is too ridiculous, god doesnt create demons to kill, he has angels...

plus i want to know what the fuck is going on with gendry....

She predicts the future fine, she just sucks at interpretation.

Yep, she has powers and other capabilities, she is also an illusionist to a degree but the atleast on the show, led Stannis and his family - including Renly to their ruin. Had she not intervened. Renly would sit the Iron Throne to this day, Robb Stark would very much be alive and house Stark would be in a better place. The realm as a whole would have been better off. Stannis had the right claim, I get it but he had no allies and could not make any because of his personality. Stannis was the the King that should have been but nobody wanted.

Yeah, Renly would have made a great Tyrell puppet. He would have eaten and tourneyed his way to KL and then marched on Robb. Anyone who thinks Renly(as in the Tyrells) would have allowed the North and Riverlands to secede is kidding themselves.

Renly would have made a horrible king.

And as for this theory, I don't know about the show, but this seems highly unlikely in the books. I suspect something as significant as this would be a common plot point.

Yeah, Renly would have made a great Tyrell puppet. He would have eaten and tourneyed his way to KL and then marched on Robb. Anyone who thinks Renly(as in the Tyrells) would have allowed the North and Riverlands to secede is kidding themselves.

Renly would have made a horrible king.

And as for this theory, I don't know about the show, but this seems highly unlikely in the books. I suspect something as significant as this would be a common plot point.

Better than what we have had to deal with for 4 books and 4 seasons, the incest bastards and theBrotherfucker for a Queen Mother. Give me Renly and Margeary, no matter how many pillows Loras had to bite. The Queen of Thornes would have had power and she is fantastic. Not the least bit Oafish.

Robb and Renly could have made peace.

She can birth shadow babies that can move and kill.

She can see the EXACT future in the fires. But she is not perfect in interpreting them.

She can enchant someone's appearance with a glamor to fool everyone with looks. She even is glamored herself at all times.

She glamors herself to look like Ygritte and says "you know nothing" right to Jon's face.

She doesn't need to eat or drink or sleep at nearly the levels of the average person.

She walks along The Wall wearing only light clothing.

Her god can resurrect people like Thoros with Beric.

Moqorro healed Victarion's poisoned wound with magic.

Stannis called it right. "The Red God has power". There is some sort of power. Is it because of the rebirth of dragons? R'hllor? Who knows? But there clearly is real power that Mel can use.

Better than what we have had to deal with for 4 books and 4 seasons, the incest bastards and theBrotherfucker for a Queen Mother. Give me Renly and Margeary, no matter how many pillows Loras had to bite. The Queen of Thornes would have had power and she is fantastic. Not the least bit Oafish.

Robb and Renly could have made peace.

I doubt Robb's bannerman would have been supportive of him giving up his Kingdom, and Renly was absolutely not going to take a fractured kingdom.

Renly tells Cat that Robb can fashion himself as the king in the north as long as he'll be loyal to Renly.

I guess this is supposed to be along the same lines as the prince of Dorne. It is a concession that keeps the North in the fold yet gives a face saving exit to Robb and saves the Northern Lords who effectively pushed him into this position from being considered traitors.

Archived