On deleted scenes

I suspect that this season had a lot of scenes that didn't make the cut. For now, I can think of two, but I am sure that there were a lot more scenes (especially from Stannis's storyline) shot.
For example, we have the photos of Lana (aka Cat) of the Canals retrieving Needle (this was probably supposed to be in the finale).
Also, I remember that Gwendoline Christie said in of her interviews that there is a scene this season where she bites a man's leg.
So what do you think about these?
am curious to know what (almost obvious) and how Arya was planning to do with the Needle.
And the second scene is also more interesting (probably was shot as part of the battle in the finale?).

However I seem to remember that they said hbo commissioned seasons 5 and 6 at the same time. The first time they've done this for two series.

I also think they shoot things in an odd way. Would make more sense to me to keep on director and crew in one location with one storyline rather than ferrying them about to shoot part of one storyline then part of another, however that's just opinion.

My point is it would make sense to shoot parts of series six as long as the relevant scripts were written.

However I seem to remember that they said hbo commissioned seasons 5 and 6 at the same time. The first time they've done this for two series.

I also think they shoot things in an odd way. Would make more sense to me to keep on director and crew in one location with one storyline rather than ferrying them about to shoot part of one storyline then part of another, however that's just opinion.

My point is it would make sense to shoot parts of series six as long as the relevant scripts were written.

I cannot remember where but I did hear a rumor about "2year scripts or 2 seaons scripts". that the cast or the main ones already know and have known what is coming for seaon 6 back last summer when they were shooting season 5. If this is true, then if we think they killed off a bunch of characters, by this time next year, the shit will really hit the fan. I think though season 7 will be the Others and Wight Walkers vs Who is trying to stop them and Dany taking the Iron Throne before she even gets a clue about the Others and Wight Walkers.

In the UK on Sky TV a programme called "Thronecast" is broadcast following each episode. Carice van Houten (who plays Melisandre) was a guest a few weeks ago and she was asked who was the best kisser, she replied that it was Kit Harrington (Jon Snow). Did we see them kiss in that scene at Castle Black? I don't remember it, possible deleted scene there?

The Arya needle scene could have been a heavy handed attempt at suspense/surprise. She goes to get needle to kill Trant. She is indecisive about taking needle (symbolizing her conflict between her list and her obligations to the FM). She leaves needle suggesting she isn't going to kill Trant, only to (shock/surprise) show up wearing a different face.

The Arya needle scene could have been a heavy handed attempt at suspense/surprise. She goes to get needle to kill Trant. She is indecisive about taking needle (symbolizing her conflict between her list and her obligations to the FM). She leaves needle suggesting she isn't going to kill Trant, only to (shock/surprise) show up wearing a different face.

That would have been much better. The way it ended up felt rushed and unsatisfying (as the episode itself).

There was definitely at least one scene with the Sand Snakes, it happened right before they appeared for the first time on that beach (not that we really need more of them...) and also Margaery was hugging Tommen around his knees at one point (they were both dressed!).

ETA: the Sand Snakes scene we know about because there was actually an official HBO photo release of it, Tyene and Nym were arguing while Obara meditated. And the Margaery clip was in one of the trailers, the first one IIRC

The Wedding of Hizdar & Daenerys was most likely cut from the season as well. Seeing as it sort of just happened "off-screen" before the pit now, and they said there were supposed to be three weddings...

There was definitely at least one scene with the Sand Snakes, it happened right before they appeared for the first time on that beach (not that we really need more of them...) and also Margaery was hugging Tommen around his knees at one point (they were both dressed!).

ETA: the Sand Snakes scene we know about because there was actually an official HBO photo release of it, Tyene and Nym were arguing while Obara meditated. And the Margaery clip was in one of the trailers, the first one IIRC

I believe that was also on an audition video for the Sand Snakes too (the dialogue for that scene I mean)

I believe that was also on an audition video for the Sand Snakes too (the dialogue for that scene I mean)

Archived