Will the Hound die for Sansa?

LordImp

"Hound" seems associated with Sandor's helmet, last seen worn by Rorge, whom Brienne killed. Who might the new Hound be? 

Lem Lemoncloak, the guy that is with Lady Stoneheart has the helmet. That was in AFFC Brienne, chapter 42. I don't remember if the helmet or Lem is mentioned in ADwD.

Lem Lemoncloak, the guy that is with Lady Stoneheart has the helmet. That was in AFFC Brienne, chapter 42. I don't remember if the helmet or Lem is mentioned in ADwD.

Yes, Lem is the latest of the 3 incarnations of "The Hound"; but I think he won't be the last.  He is too minor a character.

Neither Lem nor the Helm are mentioned in ADWD.  "The Hound" is mentioned by Brienne, when she claims he is holding Sansa, and that she is taking Jaime to them.

If Sandor/The Hound ever fights again, I think it may for the faith militant (not for Cleganebowl, I cant see that happening.)

His disdain for knights is well known so it could be that he, for whatever reason, becomes what a true knight should be instead of what all of the knights are. Knights are supposed to be champions of the people and defenders of the weak whereas in reality, they are vain, full of false courtesy and are only interested in currying favour with one lord or another.

Sandor now appears to be a servant of the faith and the sparrows are trying to get justice for the commons whilst bringing the upper classes to account for their sins. It seems that sooner or later, someone will think that the big bloke outside could be more use swinging a sword than a spade. There is nothing to say that he has given up killing for good and if he is to do it again, it seems more likely that he would do it for a worthy cause than because he was ordered to by a master that he hates...or at least resents.

Yes, Lem is the latest of the 3 incarnations of "The Hound"; but I think he won't be the last.  He is too minor a character.

Neither Lem nor the Helm are mentioned in ADWD.  "The Hound" is mentioned by Brienne, when she claims he is holding Sansa, and that she is taking Jaime to them.

Thanks.

There is a theory that Lem has a backstory, that he's from some noble house. He may not continue to be minor.

• 4 months later...

I do not see him dying, for Sansa or not. I mean, he has already had one 'death scene', even Martin has to have some limits.

But the question if he would is actually interesting. It's hard for me to imagine what kind of a person he is now, when 'at rest'. His obsession about his brother is probably taken from him (I don't believe in Cleganebowl), he is less consumed by hatred and probably less cynical. Well, he does have to find himself new priorities in life or even something to think of while digging graves, which must be a dull activity. I doubt he's become a septon in-training at heart, but then again, we didn't get many hints. Well, if we take that he still has his dog motifs and Stranger refuses to be castrated, things are probably looking good for Sansa.

On second thought, dying for her could occur in his character arc as a sort of 'atonement', but that would be pretty meh, I hope it won't happen.

Archived