benjen = daario?

house of dayne

seems no one is convinced that daario could possibly be euron greyjoy, im wondering what you people think of the theory that benjen stark is daario naharis...unlike euron, there is no pesky timeline logistics to dis count the possibility...furthermore, as a stark, benjen has a strong motivation to obscure his identity..ned stark staked his political career opposing the assassination of daenerys..perhaps the stark family has some debt to the targaryen claim or recognize the need for their bloodline to survive..it could be easy to speculate the exact nature of their reasons, but considering how steeped in ancient prophesies both the starks and the targaryens have always been, the reason would surely relate to coming of winter...

benjen is missing...daario is mystery with no past...timelines could easily match as benjen disappears early in the narrative..

does this ring true to you?

I would like to see this is true. 

Grrm did not tell us how old Dario is, so he can be any man from 15 to 50. 

But benjen did not have blue eyes, I guess. 

I would put more money that Dario is rhaegar. His two naked woman swords represented elia and lyanna. And dario is all blue-colored. Who is more blue than rhaegar? And it is a tradition for brother-sister incest for targ. His eyes are indigo, a blue purple color. With blue hair they are sure blue too.  So just perfect. 

There are timline problems. Benjen would need to do a lot in a short period of time. Including learning culture, becoming leader of sellswords, the trip itself etc. Imagine someone from the North in that role, Mormont would probably "smell him out" as well.

I would put more money that Dario is rhaegar. His two naked woman swords represented elia and lyanna. And dario is all blue-colored. Who is more blue than rhaegar? And it is a tradition for brother-sister incest for targ. His eyes are indigo, a blue purple color. With blue hair they are sure blue too.  So just perfect. 

interesting...but i just cant see a way that rhaegar survives the ruby ford...and i cant see robert allowing a imposter to die in his stead..his need for vegence was all consuming...how does rhaegar actually escape westeros undetected?

interesting...but i just cant see a way that rhaegar survives the ruby ford...and i cant see robert allowing a imposter to die in his stead..his need for vegence was all consuming...how does rhaegar actually escape westeros undetected?

he had so many rubies and we know what rubies can do in this universe. 

If someone really needs to be Daario than I pick Euron( 1%), Benjen was never in Essos, culture is different and cant be learnt in couple of days, language as well, than the fact that Benjen and Daario are two totally different personalities, unlike Euron and 1% comes from that, he also had to become leader of Stormcrows, also Jon needs Benjen on the wall, he is needed there more than ever, plus you know, his honour and sense of duty...the only good thing is timeline of his dissaperance in this theory. It seems more likely that Daario is Gerio Lannister than Benjen, at least he was in that part of the world for some time (0.01%)

If someone really needs to be Daario than I pick Euron( 1%), Benjen was never in Essos, culture is different and cant be learnt in couple of days, language as well, than the fact that Benjen and Daario are two totally different personalities, unlike Euron and 1% comes from that, he also had to become leader of Stormcrows, also Jon needs Benjen on the wall, he is needed there more than ever, plus you know, his honour and sense of duty...the only good thing is timeline of his dissaperance in this theory. It seems more likely that Daario is Gerio Lannister than Benjen, at least he was in that part of the world for some time (0.01%)

This ^^. Also I think there's a bigger chance Benjen is the HM than he is Daario.

oh god....... this again

Really makes so so so much sense that Benjen would be fooling around in another continent serving a different Queen, and never tried to help the Starks or the northern cause. Just decided to be a sell sword and have a new crush on Dany.

wait I cant believe I even just replied something

Why can't Daario just be Daario. There are some people who I think have secret identities but I don't seem any evidence that Daario is one of them. But as far as Benjen he broke his NW vows to go all the way to Essos & seduce Dany? For what? What's the end game?

Why would Daario ever reach Jon? If he survives.

my point is, Daario will die soon because dany has more important man to marry and/or love, who is Jon Snow. 

The existence of daarion will be a problem for their future relationship. 

it does not matter if he really needs to meet Jon or not. He needs to be gone both physically and mentally from dany to make her available and ready for next man, her true husband. 

Why Ygirte needs to die?

same reason. they are the placeholders for the love life of main heroes. 

At some point they need to be gone to make space for the true one. 

About Benjen not having blue eyes, Did you look that up or recite from memory? If so then that is pretty impressive :)  

I would put more money that Dario is rhaegar. 

Rhaegar was cremated.  

oh god....... this again

wait I cant believe I even just replied something

Just wallow in your shame. We all do at some point 

Why can't Daario just be Daario. There are some people who I think have secret identities but I don't seem any evidence that Daario is one of them. But as far as Benjen he broke his NW vows to go all the way to Essos & seduce Dany? For what? What's the end game?

Dario, Euron,  Benjen and anyone else can't just be anyone else because of nerds that read the last book in 2 days in 2011 and have been chomping at the bit  for anything to discuss  no matter how inane or foolish. This is why we need a new book stat

Archived