What if the TV show fulfills all popular fan theories, and GRRM's upcoming novels don't

CruzaderJC

On 2016年2月2日 at 7:54 PM, kimim said:

Dany dying without making it to Westeros wouldn't just hurt HBO's ratings, but the novels as well. I could not stand Dany and her adventures in SB, yet I read them, as I believed that they had something to do with the general story. In the same way, I put up with Emilia Clarke's awful acting, because I assumed she would have something to do with the story. Why was I forced to read that crap/watch Clarke's pitiful attempts at acting, if the character was never going to make it to Westeros?

At least give me some reward for my suffering, lol.

Stannis fans know this feeling all too well.

On 2/2/2016 at 8:30 AM, CruzaderJC said:

I was thinking about this the other day when I saw the season 6 poster teasing the return of Jon Snow. What if the HBO showrunners of Game of Thrones are aware of all the popular fan theories and just said, screw whatever GRRM thinks ...

I hope this is the case.

I am sick of people saying "The Books will be Exactly like The Show!", and I think The Show did several things that would make no sense in the context of The Books.

Plus, in a way it makes sense. The Shows are about ratings, and therefore would be invested in giving the viewers what they want. The books, On The Other Hand, are purely GRRM's vision: I'm pretty sure he would have written them even if they only sold 5 copies worldwide.

On 2/2/2016 at 8:30 AM, CruzaderJC said:

snip

the showrunners are not combing reddit and this tinfoil forum for any theories. Most of what limits them is actors. As is, they have the largest cast in the history of television. That is why we are not seeing a lot of side characters and why some characters are melded into others. the show has done a piss poor job of setting up the fact that Jon is the child of Lyanna and Rhaegar, but they are still going that way. Other bits, like Jorah and JonCon getting merged, Dario getting a bigger role and mance getting neutered and a whole host of characters not being there are mostly due to actor costs and logistics of dealing with an actor's schedule. they have switched actors for several characters, and this generally lessens the quality of the show

Has anyone seen Rory on the set? I hate hiw everyone looks for Kit and it is more that obvious that he is coming back. They should have payed attention on Rory and Stephen.

If instead of Sandor Lancel walks in that pit I will be really pissed and if in WoW CLEGANEBOWL (dubstel in background and flashing images) doesnt happen I will be extremly sad. I dont care who wins, just put them in the pit.

GRRM will not change his story because these days, some crazy fan on a forum, found something. GRRM story is the books, only in the books. For the eons to come.

If HBO changes something, and GRRM like it (how unlikely), he may add it to the last books, if possible. If HBO fans like it, but not GRRM, then it will not be in the books. However popular it is. For fucks like Dorne, I've no fear. Anyway, the show is so much different, that virtually no import from show to book is now possible.

Archived