How will Daenerys get to Westeros?

norwaywolf123

Many theories say that she will be declared The Stallion that Mounts the World and will unite all the Khalasars. Considering the Dothrakis are the ones who get the slaves, she might get the power to end slavery from its root, and this will change considerably the status of Essos. Many people's wealth is based on slavery.

All of this will happen after she assets herself as Queen and leader. Meereen is facing battle from Yunkai and she's likely going to win. After that, she and her ruling won't face any opposition, and I suppose she will find a way to restablish a new order. Just after that, she will sail back to Westeros, with all of those who wants to go with her. How? Victarion is on her way to her with a fleet.

The iron fleet is currently 61 ships strong, is that enough to transport the Khalasar?

And can they even win the battle, Victarion expects there could be as many as 500 volantese ships. The only way I  see them win is if the Dragons lend a hand (or some other fleet joins them). The iron born are great sailors, but the volantese are probably good ones as well, and the IB aren't so good as to sink 10 times there number. 

I doubt all of Dany's people will sail with her. Just enough to start with a small army.

Dany minor spoilers:

Spoiler

GRRM kinda hinted she won't sail until the end of book 6, so she has a whole book to gather ships and a fleet to take all the people she will need or that will want to go with her.

Victarion spoilers/Dragons

Spoiler

The IB have already landed and they are kicking ass. The Dragons are already in battle on their own. I think Meereen will win the Battle and this will solidify Dany's rule in Meereen and Essos, which will allow her to get anything she might require.

6 hours ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

Many theories say that she will be declared The Stallion that Mounts the World and will unite all the Khalasars. Considering the Dothrakis are the ones who get the slaves, she might get the power to end slavery from its root, and this will change considerably the status of Essos. Many people's wealth is based on slavery.

The root of the problem is that people buy slaves! If no one wanted slaves the dothraki would not look after slaves!

6 hours ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

All of this will happen after she assets herself as Queen and leader. Meereen is facing battle from Yunkai and she's likely going to win. After that, she and her ruling won't face any opposition, and I suppose she will find a way to restablish a new order. Just after that, she will sail back to Westeros, with all of those who wants to go with her. How? Victarion is on her way to her with a fleet.

I think the Volantene fleet should be seen as unreliable given we don't know it's composition.  We do know the red priests have a large following and Moqorro, the number two in the hierarchy, is with Victarion.

I think there is a good chance a large part of the Volantene fleet will take a cue from Moqorro about whose side they are on in the battle.  Otherwise the Volantene-New Ghis-Yunkai-other cities (Mantarys, Tolys, Elyria) alliance does look too formidable for a divided Meereen + small Ironborn fleet + two juvenile dragon wildcards to face up to.

If even part of the Volantene fleet ends up in her hands that's a lot of ships.

The volanteens will offer to transport Dany to Westeros. It is a win-win situation, Dany gets the ships and volanteens get rid off Dany. However, Dany will re-pay the volanteens in her usual way by sacking and burning Volantis to the ground. This gives Dany even more ships; plenty to ship a khalasar or two.

BTW, technically Drogon is the stallion-who-mounts-the-world.

Orrrrrrrr, she won't go back, ever, and Aegon is the solution to the knot. Danny spends the books abolishing slavery and setting up Iron Throne East. Not only does she need to get back to her city, she also still needs to see through the Volantis' slave revolt, resetting Astapor and Yunkai, and dealing with Qarth. With Slavers Bay renamed Dragons' Bay, she's good to go with her happy ending.

Shit gets real on the other side of the map. Aegon gets Westeros in line and sits Iron Throne West, minus the north. North deals with the WW thing and doesn't have time to deal with people, who in turn don't have the time to conquer Northern stuff in the middle of winter.

Archived