Brienne to meet ...? (Book & show discussion)

I've been leaning towards thinking that Brienne and Pod will encounter the BWB. It would be interesting to see the dynamic there between Brienne and Sandor and would tie in with the reminder from episode 7 on how he died.

We could 

get some altered book   in terms of them threatening Pod and forcing her turn turn on Jaime, though I don't feel that they're going that route with Jaime.

Alternatively, it could facilitate the BWB headed north. Mostly, though, I'm just interested in the Sandor and Brienne dynamic.

2 hours ago, Jaime4Brienne said:

It sounded like when Sandor was talking about fighting with Brienne he didn't really hold a grudge against her for it so...I really have no idea where they are going with his arc on the show, maybe he would fight for Sansa.

Yeah, initially I thought we may get the book plot but it seems more straight forward to have some San-San fun. They seem to be into some fan service late.

7 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I've been leaning towards thinking that Brienne and Pod will encounter the BWB. It would be interesting to see the dynamic there between Brienne and Sandor and would tie in with the reminder from episode 7 on how he died.

Reveal hidden contents

We could 

get some altered book   in terms of them threatening Pod and forcing her turn turn on Jaime, though I don't feel that they're going that route with Jaime.

Alternatively, it could facilitate the BWB headed north. Mostly, though, I'm just interested in the Sandor and Brienne dynamic.

I think that's the most likely thing to happen.

LSH replacement.

10 hours ago, ViserionsFire said:

If Brienne connects up with the BwB, Sandor could tell a story about how Ned was taken captive and who held a knife to his throat. That's something that neither Sansa or Jon know of Littlefinger. 

I am really interested in when LF's glass palace is going to start falling apart because of issues like this one. Of course, The Hound hung around Sansa a lot in Season 2 and never bothered to tell her that, so.... (he didn't tell Arya either, and he knew about her list and everything). 

5 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

I am really interested in when LF's glass palace is going to start falling apart because of issues like this one. Of course, The Hound hung around Sansa a lot in Season 2 and never bothered to tell her that, so.... (he didn't tell Arya either, and he knew about her list and everything). 

Those are good points but i'll add that Sandor was still in the service of Joffery during season 2 so might not tell of things. Of course if Sandor sees Sansa again and LF is hanging around, he might feel a bit protective knowing all the little secrets that LF was up too.

9 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

Those are good points but i'll add that Sandor was still in the service of Joffery during season 2 so might not tell of things. Of course if Sandor sees Sansa again and LF is hanging around, he might feel a bit protective knowing all the little secrets that LF was up too.

Excellent point. 

13 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Yeah, initially I thought we may get the book plot but it seems more straight forward to have some San-San fun. They seem to be into some fan service late.

That's why they cancelled Cleganebowl too. 

I would quite like to see SanSan happen (as much as I hated the idea in the beginning), but I don't think the show is taking that direction. Maybe I'm wrong, why not? 

10 hours ago, ViserionsFire said:

If Brienne connects up with the BwB, Sandor could tell a story about how Ned was taken captive and who held a knife to his throat. That's something that neither Sansa or Jon know of Littlefinger. 

Sandor spent a crap ton of time near Arya (when he wasn't in Joffrey's service anymore) and they never once discussed Ned or Littlefinger. 

With Arya, they were more "traveling buddies" and Sandor wasn't too much into talking about things, especially the past. It also might have not pasted his mind. Now with Sansa, he has feelings for her and he knows LF is a sniveling little rat. So if you see a sniveling little rat hanging around someone you have feelings for, you are going to feel protective. He might snap at LF and make a simple comment about him being the one who betrayed her father. Of course Sandor may never see Sansa ever again so who knows.

Archived