Stark Heir (spoilers)

8 hours ago, Rory Snow said:

How would Sansa still be married to Tyrion? That marriage was never consummated yet her subsequent marriage to Ramsay was. If her marriage to Tyrion is still valid then her marriage to Ramsay was never was.

No one knows the specifics of her marriages, and no one really cares, as Sansa found out this season. Sigh, the curse of being a woman in Westeros.

What series some of you watch? Do you actually watch the series at all? Do you pay any attention? Right now we had Lisa Tully who lead the Vale, Lyanna Mormont who leads Bear Island (who is a woman and a child, if you haven't noticed), Asha Greyjoy, whose claim is supported by Theon, a male descendant, and of course we have Daenerys who is the Targaryen heir. So we have plenty of women who lead Houses.

Especially in Asha's case we see that a male heir can support a female's claim as a leader of a House.

With that in mind, I think that Winterfell will be inherited by Sansa. Bran has a different role to play and that is not to lead the House Stark, it could not be any more obvious than already is. Arya also seems to have a different role to play. Jon is also a possibility, but we have to wait and see because of his bastard status.

If we follow the way of thinking some of you have, Benjen should be the Leader of the House Stark. Have you forgotten about him or do you consider him as part of the Night's Watch?

15 hours ago, Rory Snow said:

If Jon becomes King in the North, he'd be in position to make the laws. Who sits the Iron Throne would be irrelevant. No doubt they could manipulate something so that Sansa and/or Arya could have babies that carry the Stark name just to keep the line alive (assuming Bran is incapable).

Unless there is some other undisclosed health problem of Bran's, there is no reason to assume that he's incapable of siring an heir. 

On 21/6/2016 at 0:29 AM, SER MIX-A-LOT said:

I am pretty  new at all this so if someone can please  explain...

Spoilers ahead...probably

In the TV show, Rickon is dead. Robb is dead. Bran is half-tree-raven-whatnot.

And if the R+L=J is true,than House Stark have no male heir ?

And since the Northmen ae not like Dornish...that was it for House Stark ???? They are finished?

I suppose being a cripple equals being a tree despite the fact he is no longer (and never was) tied to them (and also equals whatnot! those all similar stupid things than Bran is) but that means he is not the true heir or that he is not intelligent enough to rule anything if he survives the series; because he is not a main character in the show. Just half-tree-raven-whatnot. He is not even the most powerful character but who cares about that.

On 21/6/2016 at 11:00 PM, StarkofWinterfell said:

Considering he is paralyzed below the waist I think we do know for sure that he has no chance of having any children of his own,

That means nothing. They showed him ruling WF being a boy and Ned teaches him in the pilot about these issues.....and IF he can have children that doesn't necessarily mean he can't have heirs.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Bran may not survive the show, he is not a main character in it and eventhough he is in the books he might die as well, but I just can't understand why he is always a non-candidate just because he has a different journey. And also because he is a cripple.

If a Bolton was the Lord of WF after what he did, Bran would be a GIFT for the North.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Don't get me wrong, I think that Bran may not survive the show, he is not a main character in it and eventhough he is in the books he might die as well, but I just can't understand why he is always a non-candidate just because he has a different journey. And also because he is a cripple.

If a Bolton was the Lord of WF after what he did, Bran would be a GIFT for the North.

I never thought that Bran can make it to the end, I see Jon as the king and lord of Winterfell because it's his destiny, I see Bran dying after those three events :

• telling Jon about R+L=J
  • telling Jon how to defeat the WW
  • let the WW pass through the Wall to the north 

and then get killed by the Night's King just like the 3ER (all the magical things must die : COTF, giants, greenseers and WW)

8 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I never thought that Bran can make it to the end, I see Jon as the king and lord of Winterfell because it's his destiny, I see Bran dying after those three events :

• telling Jon about R+L=J
  • telling Jon how to defeat the WW
  • let the WW pass through the Wall to the north 

and then get killed by the Night's King just like the 3ER (all the magical things must die : COTF, giants, greenseers and WW)

I see Bran dying only as a result of him commanding everyone to save the world from the WW's, as possibly the greatest destiny.

The first two things are not important enough for a POV character like Bran to die for, especially considering that he will most likely survive The Winds of Winter book, and that Jon's parents will be revealed next book, but not at the very end. Bran telling Jon how to defeat the WWs is good but Jon will not defeat them alone. It's impossible. So Bran should, at least, tell more people about them. At least in the books.

Number 3.....is more reasonable.

Anyway, since the show used "you will not walk again, but wou will fly" and we haven't seen him flying in the show (when in the books it has happened but most likely will happen again with bigger consequences, being them metaphorically or practical) I expect him to have a great role before dying.

And I can also see him surviving everything. But if he dies, it will be at the end, and for a greater cause, involving more people or events than Jon.

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And I can also see him surviving everything. But if he dies, it will be at the end, and for a greater cause, involving more people or events than Jon.

Do you see him returning to Winterfell before the war of the dawn? personally I have no idea

2 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Do you see him returning to Winterfell before the war of the dawn? personally I have no idea

Considering the show only, definitely. I think he should stay somewhere safe to contact with everyone he has to.

I think the magic of the Wall will protect him, but I'm not so sure because he also has the mark now on the show; so I'm  abit clueless. But he should be somewhere safe.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Considering the show only, definitely. I think he should stay somewhere safe to contact with everyone he has to.

I think the magic of the Wall will protect him, but I'm not so sure because he also has the mark now on the show; so I'm  abit clueless. But he should be somewhere safe.

"you will not walk again, but wou will fly", you are right, he will survive everything, I just thought he will control a Danny dragon by warging but I can tell from last episode that it's impossible, she can control all of them, maybe another thing

14 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

"you will not walk again, but wou will fly", you are right, he will survive everything, I just thought he will control a Danny dragon by warging but I can tell from last episode that it's impossible, she can control all of them, maybe another thing

yes, the thing about Dany was a bit strange......did she control them or they just followed her and Drogon?

I'm not sure....

anyway "he will fly" might mean something greater IMO.

And let's not forget Bran is the first POV chapter from the books. And Ned teaches him how the North works. 

Besides, I just remembered Martin saying Bran is one of the POVs he has more difficulties when writing because all the magic involved in his POVS. I think that means big things  to happen, whther or not he will survive them. I really hope it's not only the work of one person.

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

did she control them or they just followed her and Drogon?

personally, I don't know but it destroyed the famous theory of the 3 heads of the dragons for me.

I always seen Bran as the encyclopedia, he's the science branch of the starks, I think that the big thing that Bran will be able to do is the finale destruction of WW, the COTF created something that none can destroy, older starks tried and failed so the built a wall to put the WW in a quarantine zone, Bran will obliterate them from existence

One day, Bran, you will be Robb's bannerman, holding a keep of your own for your brother and your king, and justice will fall to you. When that day comes, you must take no pleasure in the task, but neither must you look away. A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is."

“Yet our way is the older way…we hold to the belief that the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man’s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.”

Why do so many seem to think that Jon's just going disregard his Stark lineage the moment he finds out R+L=J. He doesn't know the Targaryens and he was raised on the belief they're horrible people. Even if he does grudgingly accept the fact Rhaegar's his father, he's not going to identify with him or more to the point stop identifying with the North.

2 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Why do so many seem to think that Jon's just going disregard his Stark lineage the moment he finds out R+L=J. He doesn't know the Targaryens and he was raised on the belief they're horrible people. Even if he does grudgingly accept the fact Rhaegar's his father, he's not going to identify with him or more to the point stop identifying with the North.

Jon will always be a Northman, regardless of his last name. The Targ connection will mostly come into play in his dealings with Dany and potentially a dragon

On 22/6/2016 at 6:51 PM, Masha said:

snip

You are talking about him claiming the Throne I am not saying that he will do it.

On 22/6/2016 at 6:51 PM, Masha said:

And if Dany actually invades and Wins the throne, do you think everyone would just say - nah - give it to your brother's son instead? 

Yes. Once Dany  turns mad and her army start destroying what is left after LN2.0 the people will chose the one who saved them over the Mad Userper.

On 22/6/2016 at 8:43 PM, Red Tiger said:

Yeah but its not an ironclad fact, thats my point.

True. 

Archived