The IceBrandon: Winter the Ice Dragon is Coming

Daendrew

I think we will be seeing Bran give rebirth to an enormous ice dragon from the black pool of Winterfell in the coming season finale.

My theory is that "Winter is Coming" means the ice dragon named Winter is coming. A big clue for this is in the naming of the books in the series.

1. A Game of Thrones
  2. A Cash of Kings
  3. A Storm of Swords
  4. A Feast for Crows
  5. A Dance with Dragons
  6. THE Winds of Winter
  7. A Dream of Spring

The is a definite article pertaining to a proper noun. The winds are coming from a specific entity. Otherwise he would have chosen a different name to fit the series title style.

I have written an encylopaedia of theories, many of them on ice dragons (book spoilers!), so if you wanted to check them out, click here.

Below is my main ice dragon theory.

The IceBrandon: “Winter Is Flying”

• “Winter is coming” means the ice dragon named Winter is coming.
  • Bloodraven via Bran wakes the icedragon named Winter in the black pool of Winterfell.
  • Bran is the King of Winter, the ice dragon.
  • Bran has already flown as the ice dragon in his dream where he gave his (corn) seed and his soul to the crow, Bloodraven.
  • Bran died and was reborn with the magic of the ground and weirwood roots just as Dany died and was reborn by fire.
  • This entire story is set in play by the conflict when Jaime threw Bran from the tower and their conflict will frame the story’s conclusion.

This post here has the biggest clues for the ice dragon appearing on the show.

Interesting theory indeed.

And while this may be so in the books, I think D&D will keep the series more simple.

They've been cutting characters/families away, so don't think they will introduce another major character at this stage.

The end will be Fire (dragons) vs. Ice (WW), and either Dany vs. Jon or Dany joining with Jon.

I was believe we need case to balance power of Dany in the story and Bran is the one can do it in Magical realm and Jon is political aspect of the story.  We have two optopn here A=Bran has to skinchange into one or all of three dragon maybe * Because Dany cant control all of  them or maybe dragon  horn magic binding power will not have any effect on dragons if Bran skinchange into dragon  B=  There has to be ice dragon somewhere it can be dragon such as movie from how to train your dragon 2 big huge powerfull or Dragon that turned into Ice dragon long time ago  in a way children forest make human into whitewalker or some zombie dragon there os zombie horse why not zombie dragon at some point of the story I am fine with all these option as long as in the story bran has direct contact with a dragon By the you got great theory about ice dragon ideas cool staft to read !!!!

12 hours ago, Daendrew said:

I have written an encylopaedia of theories, many of them on ice dragons (book spoilers!), so if you wanted to check them out click here:

You are actually my hero.

Also this would be AMAZING but I agree with the people above who say this might happen in the books, but the show likely doesn't have the time to deal with adding in a narrative like that. Maybe. It would be awesome if they did. 

1 hour ago, Rumy Stark said:

You are actually my hero.

Also this would be AMAZING but I agree with the people above who say this might happen in the books, but the show likely doesn't have the time to deal with adding in a narrative like that. Maybe. It would be awesome if they did. 

Thank you. But I am not the hero you bargained for. :)

"The devil gave humans critical thinking, which God didn't want. He wanted us to not eat from the tree of knowledge of whateverthehell so we could basically be thought-slaves for eternity, but the devil did us a favor and turned the tables there with a single conversation.

Also, the devil killed a grand total of 10 people in the bible, while god killed somewhere around 2.3 million.

He understands human nature, but doesn't judge you for being human.

He accepts god's unwanted children unconditionally.

And still, he's the dickhead. Why? Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's our silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight." -Martin Ristov

13 minutes ago, Daendrew said:

"The devil gave humans critical thinking, which God didn't want. He wanted us to not eat from the tree of knowledge of whateverthehell so we could basically be thought-slaves for eternity, but the devil did us a favor and turned the tables there with a single conversation.

Also, the devil killed a grand total of 10 people in the bible, while god killed somewhere around 2.3 million.

He understands human nature, but doesn't judge you for being human.

He accepts god's unwanted children unconditionally.

And still, he's the dickhead. Why? Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's our silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight." -Martin Ristov

Now you are even more my hero. As someone with advanced degrees in RSLT this is just <3 

1 minute ago, Trump the Builder said:

im not buying into their being an ice dragon.  seems a little too far fetched - even for this universe

To be fair the show has not foreshadowed it in any way, which means you are probably correct. The books are less clear-cut on the issue. But we can all agree it would be awesome, right?

15 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

To be fair the show has not foreshadowed it in any way, which means you are probably correct. The books are less clear-cut on the issue. But we can all agree it would be awesome, right?

Did Osha tell Bran to follow the Ice Dragon constellation to go North? 

1 minute ago, Rumy Stark said:

You know.... I don't remember. 

I meant Osha. 

"They were the Kings of Winter," Bran whispered. Somehow it felt wrong to talk too loudly in this place. Osha smiled. "Winter's got no king. If you'd seen it, you'd know that, summer boy."

An ice dragon means near certainty that the final battle will be between Dany & WWs. Without an ice dragon, Dany's dragons will just totally annihilate the WWs. It is possible to kill a flying dragon (see Meraxes), but there don't seem to be enough WWs, also their wights don't seem to be intelligent enough to kill a dragon, I don't remember seeing any zombie throwing a spear or using a bow.

1 minute ago, Trollosi said:

An ice dragon means near certainty that the final battle will be between Dany & WWs. Without an ice dragon, Dany's dragons will just totally annihilate the WWs. It is possible to kill a flying dragon (see Meraxes), but there don't seem to be enough WWs, also their wights don't seem to be intelligent enough to kill a dragon, I don't remember seeing any zombie throwing a spear or using a bow.

So is the assumption that the Ice Dragon will be on the side of the WW? Cause that is an interesting prospect, particularly if Bran is the one who wakes/raises it. 

8 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

So is the assumption that the Ice Dragon will be on the side of the WW? Cause that is an interesting prospect, particularly if Bran is the one who wakes/raises it. 

Bran has the mark of Night King.

Archived