Queen of Dragons Marrying King in the North

On 11/12/2016 at 3:37 PM, Roald Dee said:

I haven't posted much on these boards, are kept track, but i decided ti check in, and i somehow read that people want Jorah to get a big title at the end. Ex-slavers don't get big titles in my book. 

By this point in the Show, Jorah has 1. paid for his transgressions re. selling people to slavers; 2. is absolutely loyal to Dany (if not the 'office' of Over-King/Queen); and 3. has earned a place in the Queensguard/Kingsguard.

The Kings/Queens Guard doen't concern itself with the moral character of its members, anyway.  Esp. lately.   Merryn Trant?  Oh my. The Kettleblacks?  mmm.  Jamie (before he began/begins his Arc of Redemption)?  he killed his King and attempted kill a child (Bran).  The old Hound (before his own Redemption)?  He did kill children.  Frankengregor? eeek.   Not to minimize what Jorah did in any way, but at the end of the day, the the world/environment that Westeros is set in, Jorah's offense would be forgivable and/or able to be overlooked.  At least for a position in the Guard.

All that being said, there have been Kingsguard members with apparent impeccable character.  Such as Barristan Selmy, Arthur Dayne, and Duncan the Tall, among others.

• 4 weeks later...

Tell that to the people (and their descendants who will likely suffer the same fate) Jorah sold into slavery. Mind you Dany has done quite a few atrocious things herself. So I can't really root for her either (even though we're supposed to do). Me i'm rooting for people like Sam. Tyrion chapters make me laugh and i like the Hound as a character but I won't mistake them for being good guys. perhaps one of the better guys in GRRM's books but not good guys. Not even close.  In this, Stannis was right. The good does not wash away the bad.

On 6/27/2016 at 3:00 PM, St Daga said:

I don't think that is either Dany or Jon's destiny to be with each other, and I doubt either of them live until the end. If they both do, there is always a possibility of co-ruling, I suppose. King of Winter and Queen of Summer, perhaps?

My thoughts precisely; however I think they will have some sort of meaningful relationship before one or both die but the Seelie and Unseelie are very present here "me thinks"  My wager is on a child of theirs even if neither survives... but who knows with George... Now for the people who dislike the show and say oh "sure in the show" but not in the books, it has been confirmed time and time again that the end game will be the same, although the routes there might be different...

On 11/12/2016 at 8:37 PM, Roald Dee said:

I haven't posted much on these boards, are kept track, but i decided ti check in, and i somehow read that people want Jorah to get a big title at the end. Ex-slavers don't get big titles in my book. 

I do wonder if you are seeing this series (books or show) with a 21 century's eyes... Of course slavery is an abomination but in their eyes maybe not as bad as in ours; besides as it has been pointed out, Jorah is ashamed of what he did; would you not give someone a second chance???

To be perfectly honest, most characters at this stage have done something very wrong and this is the whole point of the series, "me thinks".  I believe George is trying to say in a way that conflicts of interest can be strong and that most people are grey.  Even Stannis, who appears truly unbent, commits atrocities.  IMHO if your moral code is so high that you cannot get a wrong-doer winning this series, this series is perhaps not for you....

So, people actually think Sansa and The Imp are going to get it on huh? If she lives, the Hound is the most likely to receive her affection but then again, she is supposedly a hardened woman and only seems to fall for the "honey words" of the biggest pimp in the History of Westeros. The Imp is not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

So, people actually think Sansa and The Imp are going to get it on huh? If she lives, the Hound is the most likely to receive her affection but then again, she is supposedly a hardened woman and only seems to fall for the "honey words" of the biggest pimp in the History of Westeros. The Imp is not going to happen.

A matter of opinion; we might get to find out in the show (since they know the ending) the books lol a long time... I do support it but hey we are all welcome to our theories and fancies.  Tyrion/Sansa make a lot more political sense to me and I don't think this story is character based as much as plot based but those are my two cents.  I don't have a problem with Sandor or the people who want this ship btw but have been driven away in the past for supporting Sansa/Tyrion so please everyone keep it respectful

Well, what ever floats certain people's boats I guess. I just do not see it, even though this show has from time to time done some wierd things, especially with Sansa, going there. Most likely she dies in and around Winterfell this season with LF having something to do with it. As for the books, no way that is going to happen.

On 8-1-2017 at 4:41 AM, Morgana Lannister said:

I do wonder if you are seeing this series (books or show) with a 21 century's eyes... Of course slavery is an abomination but in their eyes maybe not as bad as in ours; besides as it has been pointed out, Jorah is ashamed of what he did; would you not give someone a second chance???

To be perfectly honest, most characters at this stage have done something very wrong and this is the whole point of the series, "me thinks".  I believe George is trying to say in a way that conflicts of interest can be strong and that most people are grey.  Even Stannis, who appears truly unbent, commits atrocities.  IMHO if your moral code is so high that you cannot get a wrong-doer winning this series, this series is perhaps not for you....

It's not like that is the only thing Jorah did wrong. He's more like on his fourth chance. He only cares because he wants Dany to think well of him too. I'm not sure even now he himself truly sees slavery as wrong.

There are good guys (though no-one is perfect) whom you can root for in this book. Like Sam, Aemon, Edd, Rickon, ... Dany though isn't one of the good guys. She may be a lesser evil, but not a good person. Maybe a great ruler in the end, but that's not the same thing. For example: She wants to conquer westeros, not for some grand justified reason but because it's 'her birthright'. She seems to suffer from megalomania a bit. Don't go mistaking show dany for book dany, quite different people.

I'm alright with someone less than perfect coming out more or less on top (don't think anyone can truly win in this particular story). In fact part of the reason why i like these books so much is because it is not an unrealistic hero-story. Same for the Malazan books.) i'm just not mistaken funny people, certain feats with those people being actually good. 

The white cloaks are supposed to go to great knights, Jorah doesn't fit the bill. Devotion to 1 woman doesn't seem enough for me. He can command the goldcloaks but he don't deserve more. Then again that aspect is just the glorified version of what the white cloaks are. In some ways they are in truth just guards. So maybe he fits the bill just right.

On 1/8/2017 at 6:29 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Well, what ever floats certain people's boats I guess. I just do not see it, even though this show has from time to time done some wierd things, especially with Sansa, going there. Most likely she dies in and around Winterfell this season with LF having something to do with it. As for the books, no way that is going to happen.

Most likely she would take WF LOL! whist fucking Tyrion in the night ;)

On 1/8/2017 at 6:29 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

For some reason, and I had filed a ticket, I appear unable to quote and reply lol  My account is not barred in any way but hey, anyhow, we all have personal preferences and forecasts but hey, my babe is George's favorite too lol and he is writting the story...no one is perfect here but I would not be surprised if I proved you wrong in the books lol

11 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

For some reason, and I had filed a ticket, I appear unable to quote and reply lol  My account is not barred in any way but hey, anyhow, we all have personal preferences and forecasts but hey, my babe is George's favorite too lol and he is writting the story...no one is perfect here but I would not be surprised if I proved you wrong in the books lol

I think Sansa and Tyrion "getting together" is a pipedream but you are welcome to your dreams.

8 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think Sansa and Tyrion "getting together" is a pipedream but you are welcome to your dreams.

Tyrion's romantic ending would involve Tysha, as Sansa's would involve Sandor. This way both of them would be happy.

19 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think Tyrion will meet his real, legal wife again and meet his daughter too.

I think it's too sweet and might not fit the bittersweet ending we are promised but....who knows? it would be ironic if Tyrion ended up finding her again, after all his life struggling with not being loved and wondering where "whores" go. He is the author's favourite, so it could still happen.

And maybe he just meets her but doesn't marry her but at least finds her? That would be interesting, as well.

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think it's too sweet and might not fit the bittersweet ending we are promised but....who knows? it would be ironic if Tyrion ended up finding her again, after all his life struggling with not being loved and wondering where "whores" go. He is the author's favourite, so it could still happen.

And maybe he just meets her but doesn't marry her but at least finds her? That would be interesting, as well.

Lanna is her name too. His daughter. Yeah, I think it would be bitter to know that she, after what his father did to her, became a prostitute when she never was and his daughter appears to be in line for the trade as well. That is bitter sweet if one thinks about it. Technically, Lanna is legit and is the true heir to Casterly Rock in the books as inheritance follows the boys and Tyrion was attainted but that does not affect his offspring, legit that is. Just a thought.

9 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Lanna is her name too. His daughter. Yeah, I think it would be bitter to know that she, after what his father did to her, became a prostitute when she never was and his daughter appears to be in line for the trade as well. That is bitter sweet if one thinks about it. Technically, Lanna is legit and is the true heir to Casterly Rock in the books as inheritance follows the boys and Tyrion was attainted but that does not affect his offspring, legit that is. Just a thought.

Lanna is Tyrion's daughter? I wasn't aware of that theory

Archived