Bran, Bloodraven and the Nights King

What do you think Bran is capable of in his 'fight' against the WW and especially the NK? Considering the fact that Bloodraven was not able to stop the NK, or even put up a good fight. After all those years Bloodraven wasn't able to do, as far as we know, much damage to the WW, or did he without us knowing it? How will the confrontation Bran vs NK look like?

He already screwed over the CotF and Bloodraven by sneaking back into treevision while Bloodraven was sleeping and getting himself marked and all of them killed. Now he is going to do the same to Westeros without even giving it a thought. I hope the selfish little shit get caught by zombies and eaten before he can cross the wall and screw Westeros, but no way will that happen.

If he actually fights the Nights King and wins somehow, that would be enough cheese to constipate the entire population of Westeros, so that's probably what will happen in the show.

im not so sure that Bloodraven was trying to stop or put up a fight against the NK.  I was sort of under the impression that he knew it was Bran's turn to take over as the 3ER and he was ready to give up his life for it.  Perhaps he saw this happening in a vision and knew this was the only way to move forward.

51 minutes ago, Trump the Builder said:

im not so sure that Bloodraven was trying to stop or put up a fight against the NK.  I was sort of under the impression that he knew it was Bran's turn to take over as the 3ER and he was ready to give up his life for it.  Perhaps he saw this happening in a vision and knew this was the only way to move forward.

What has he then actualy been doing in his cave all these years? Only waiting for Bran to show up? There must be more then just that i hope...

I was wondering this same thing.  To be honest I had never thought that Bran would leave the northern cave and effect things through the Weir-network.  I'm a bit worried his only purpose is to be the means for bringing down the wall.

I hadn't given it too much thought until no horn this season but now I guess the act of Bran walking through the wall marked nullifies the magic in some similar way too what it did stopping them getting in to the cave maybe 

The NK could have marked Bran so he can cross the wall and invade the realm.  It could be Benjen is in league with the NK, and it was his job to get Bran to the wall quickly so he can bust through with his army of the dead.  It is interesting that we learned the WW were humans, weaponized by the CotF, when Bran was touched briefly.

It could be Bran has (or will find) some potent weapon that Bloodraven lacked.  I don't see any indication of that just yet.

So far as 3EC, all Bran has done is find out about Jon Snow.  Bloodraven did NOT want Bran to see this, for some reason.  Why, precisely did he want to keep this from Bran?  Will the NK use this knowledge to manipulate Bran in some way?

In an interview, Isaac said that Bran and Benjen gave each other long looks saying goodbye because they knew that they would be seeing each other again soon, fighting for the living.

Which almost certainly means after the Wall is felled so that Benjen can come south again, and perhaps home.

It's too bad the show didn't cover more on the WW, after give books and six seasons we still don't know much. Maybe that's GRRM intention. But he has quite a lot to explain in the last couple of books/shows. I am convinced that the wall needs to come down for the WW to come south. But is that entirely depended on Bran?

I still think Bran is Bran the builder and other high profile characters mentioned within the history of Westeros. The fact that he went back and altered Hodor in the past makes me think he's more powerful than bloodraven - I also believe that Bran will take Jon back in time and show him what happened or even speak to Ned "The next time i see you we'll talk about your mother". 

It wouldn't surprise me if Bran passing the wall brings an end to the magic of it, after all he's not listened to people in the past and its ended in trouble. i.e. climbing and falling then going back into the dream. If the NK could enter the cave after he touched Bran then I would presume he could pass through the wall. 

15 hours ago, The Yung Wulf said:

Was there a 3ER before Bloodraven? As far as I can tell, he's the first "all seeing warg/greenseer" ...right?

Don't think so... which is quite strange in a way. Was Bloodraven the most powerful greenseer to date?

10 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

In an interview, Isaac said that Bran and Benjen gave each other long looks saying goodbye because they knew that they would be seeing each other again soon, fighting for the living.

Which almost certainly means after the Wall is felled so that Benjen can come south again, and perhaps home.

I don't trust Benjen!

Bran crossing the Wall. Are the writers really gonna make Bran cross the Wall and then have that as the cause for the nights king crossing it? Because i would find it very stupid if that's the case. Bran knows he's marked, bran knows he broke the magic of the cave because he got marked, Bran knows that the wall it is not just wall, it also has a magic shield against the dead and the WW. Surely Bran would wonder if he crosses the wall, wont he break the magic spell that prevents the WW from crossing it?.

It would be really stupid if Bran just cross it and then the nights king follows behind because of it.

Archived