Are Dany haters politically conservative?

Hugorfonics

55 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

Ending slavery in slavers bay may not have been the best thing. She could have reformed slavery and imposed punishments on cruel masters. The freedman are in a very sorry state. She has basically made a muck of everything. The idea that she can unite the 7 kingdoms is, frankly, insane. She is the teenage girl version of her dad...she is less stable than the mad king. She can call her actions in slavers bay victory all she wants, at the end of the day she made things even worse than they already were.

I want to add something what someone answered to me when as a child I asked why Moses didn't lead the Jews immediately to Israel after leaving Egypt and slavery and wasted 40 years in desert. The answer was that they had to unlearn the slavery and Moses needed a brand new generation who never experienced slavery to be born and grow up in complete freedom, otherwise the cycle would have repeated itself.

3 minutes ago, spauldo17 said:

I guess we just fundamentally disagree on that.  I think if you do those things you are involved in some shady business, but it doesn't make you a drug dealer/ child trafikker

Good to know the head of drug trafficking organization have nothing to worry about.

7 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

Further, one over arching theme that has superseded even major character arcs, is to me...the bleak reality and nihilism in the world. How in the end, honor, rights, blood, decency, etc. etc.   it all means exactly nothing. Valar Murghulis.

This is how I read the story and is a large part of why I love it. I would find that after all this build up, an enraged Victarion just berserking out and killing dany with his bare hands after finding out he has been boning Euron through Euron's warging of the dusky woman would be amazing. Just Dany's lifeless body and her entire arc laying there on a stone floor motionless. So bleak and beautiful in my opinion.

However, I would respond to you by saying that you are 100% correct and that just makes me feel that an ignomious death would be perfect for Dany.

The idea of Dany riding Drogon in westeros recreating the field of fire and uniting westeros under new targ leadership just like Aegon I would be the absolute worst thing I could possibly imagine.

Fair enough though the scene you outline is tied in with one of the weirder clickbait "theories" about Euron having a little too much brotherly love for Vic so it seems more about gratuitous shock and shlock value for the sake of it rather than building up to anything.

I wouldn;t be surprised if one of Jon or Dany dies by or at the end of the series but the thing about killing off characters is the story has to be able to move forward.  Robb could continue Ned's arc, Jon could perhaps continue Robb's arc but no one can contimue Dany's.  So unless GRRM has written all this for nothing her story will move forward and intersect with the other charactes whatever her ultimate fate.

If that is the absolute worst thing you can imagine then you are in a pretty good place!  Whatever Dany's ultimate fate or the success or failure of her plans you have known her intentions since AGOT.  GRRM takes us in unexpected directions down crooked roads but you have to at least entertain the possibility of some version of what you outlined taking place.

Just now, Masha said:

I want to add something what someone answered to me when as a child I asked why Moses didn't lead the Jews immediately to Israel after leaving Egypt and slavery and wasted 40 years in desert. The answer was that they had to unlearn the slavery and Moses needed a brand new generation who never experienced slavery to be born and grow up in complete freedom, otherwise the cycle would have repeated itself.

That is as fair an answer as I can expect and it is an ethos that I have respect for. However, I believe that the narrative is leading somewhere else. That said, I could very well be wrong and have no problem believing you might be right.

Archived