Where should Jon make his last stand?

Nocturne

So this post starts on the premise that the wall will somehow fall, get destroyed or the dead army will simply pass trough it somehow.  The news reaches Jon and co (the co part will be interesting, cause it proposes more questions like who will stand with him ), and they are forced to make a stand.

Where do you think he will make his stand? Do you think he will stay at Winterfell and make his stand there? To me the most logical option would be the retreat at the twins with everything they got and leave the north empty. They might have a chance there to form a proper defence since the dead probably don't have ships or swim.

Wintefell is way to northern, he'll never be able to get his armies there when the end game starts. 

Moat Caillain is only defensible from the south (Remember how the Iron born toke it from the south with their ships?) in the books atleast that is.

But the last stand will probably be on the same location as the show:

The Ruby Ford.

Where Rhaegar lost his kingdom, Jon will win his.

dunno about Jon Snow if you talking about final battle then tirdent

That night she dreamt she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper’s rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent.

There is some foreshadowing it will be on the trident, so the Riverlands I assume but for this to work Jon has to decide to come south in the final six episodes assuming that the wall falling is towards the end of season 7.  But then again Dany see's herself at the wall so perhaps her death and the final battle happens around Winterfell.

I think it would be smart to have fall back positions ready to go.  As an absolute final stand, Harrenhal makes sense to me as it is impregnable to ground forces and can hold out in a seige for a very very long time.  And it happens to be right next to the trident.

Hoping it is Winterfell, since if the final battle is at the Trident or anywhere south of the neck then that means the North is effectively going to be razed by WW and all its inhabitants killed or fled south. I would prefer the Starks have something to come back to in the end. 

I think it will be the trident but I think it will be after a string of unsuccessful battles in the North. Once the WW's breach the wall Last Hearth is their first stop which will be a very quick battle. Then they would probably hit Karhold which would effectively cover the Northern part of the northern lands. I think after that Jon will send word to the other houses that this is a fight that they can't win and order everyone to live to fight another day and head south to regroup in the Riverlands.

That's where Danny & co will meet up with Jon and turn the tide.

Like blckp said, because of the prophecy I will say the trident, but he will make his last stand as the great other champion (WW and NK) against Daenerys and her dragons

That night she dreamt she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper’s rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent.

If they are filming the last stand in Iceland, would you even be able to detect what is/isn't the Trident? I mean, we haven't even seen "The Trident" in the show, how would we recognize it, especially if it was frozen over with a ton of snow? Either way, the wights may have made it as far as the Trident (a la the prophecy), but for me personally I'd like to see Jon go back to the Wall to make his last stand. I can see the NK using the Wall and/or some of the abandoned castles (the Nightfort?) as his stronghold (I imagine the wall falling in some parts, not completely).  Of course, we'll get some WW in Winterfell and hopefully even as far south as King's Landing.

I would like to see him lead Northerners south, wilding/refugee style while picking up folks along the way, to King's Landing or even Dorne, where the Long Night may not be as extreme as it would be in the North. While there, he gathers and/or creates as much dragonglass as possible - from Dragonstone, maybe - then returns North to the Wall to take the offensive. I would like to see things get more fantastical/magical/dreadful the closer he gets to the Wall, so that by that point it's not just wights, but ice dragons and spiders and whatever else we haven't seen yet. 

Archived